Roam- My honest take

June 7, 2006, 9:06 p.m.

Good imagery and wicked music. Awsome how ryan was watching himself ride.

All in all, not as exciting as NWD 6.

that was the worst part in the hole movie watching him in the shots that was dumb

F TFJC

June 7, 2006, 9:08 p.m.

ROAM is AWSOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 7, 2006, 9:15 p.m.

ino i fucking hate how theyt zoom in on cams whip soo much and he dosent even land it imean i cant do it but why bother puting that in you can clearly see he does not land it. also if you look closley on the twhip indian air where they go above and beside him in mid pack he dosent land that either and he dosent hit the next jump because he is on his ass on the seat… plus the endign was quite gay also imean i was expecting something mid blowing at the end but thye just ride down some SWEET single track.. oh and ryan leech did the same thing he does in every movie and i think itd be ebetter if he wasnt in it at all

Marty's Mountain Cycle

its not fun anymore, because im sober…. ahaha

June 7, 2006, 9:16 p.m.

i agree with u on some of the sections, such as the Sun Valley and Whistler parts. But, for the most part, Rome is a sweet movie. In my opinion it is edited vary well and i was entertained and enjoyed watching much of the sections!

http://www.skullcandy.com

June 7, 2006, 9:23 p.m.

i think that agree with slang and dissagree on a few points as well. Overall, I thought the Collective may have had some overall better stuff, but certain parts of ROAM were just amazing. Berrecloth's section is so awesome, my favorite section in the movie, partially because I don't live anywhere near where that kind of riding can be done and I just love all that stuff. The rest was good, though there was some cheesy staging at some parts, particularly in whistler where all the guys were just dissapearing and popping up all over the place. Otherwise, ROAM is in my opinion very comparable to its predecessor, maybe a little bit lower quality, but shit, that is still saying something.

June 7, 2006, 9:26 p.m.

I thought it was good. It didn't blow me away like the first time I watched the Collective, but I still thought it was well worth watching. I took it into work the day I bought it and watched it there. The guys at work were totally amazed.

June 7, 2006, 9:26 p.m.

my honest take on this thread: if you don't enjoy roam, I don't really see how you can enjoy mountain biking, at least freeride/downhill riding.

June 7, 2006, 9:32 p.m.

i cant say i agree with u on darrens section and the whis section(even tho Rennies name was on the cover too but he got only about 4 shots), but i do agree with u on the bad song choices for the Lunn backyard section, and the interior section. i also would hav liked to see WAY WAY more Peat footy in his part cuz the part was like 70% shandro 30% peat(not that i dislike shandros cuz he rips). i was REALLY disappointed with the interior section even tho the shit was massive. This might b partly because with the exception of the morroco part, matt hunter has never had a part outside off the Loops so this was SOO over played(once again, no disrespect, he rips). Lastly, i think they went way to warren miller with the commentary. Still an overall fun movie tho

TANGENT

June 7, 2006, 9:37 p.m.

Interesting and some agreeable takes - but I'm still glad I bought the movie. It is an entertaining watch.

Food for thought though - Berrecloth films for NWD6 and kills it. How can he up the ante for another flick in the same season? What else can one guy do in a year?

"Ripping Styles, Holmes!"
- Tommy Guererro, Search for Animal Chin

June 7, 2006, 9:42 p.m.

anyone miss the big dust stringy thing in bottom left corner on steves part on whistler?

how about when filming jordies Dad its like they on a waterbed? HELLO TRIPOD… or get stronger guys who can handle a 15lbs camera. like geez.

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

June 7, 2006, 9:45 p.m.

The producers have developed an affection for including horribly unlanded shots, like Cam Mccaul's nocan tailwhip. Reshoot it or don't include it. By publishing stuff like this, all you do is butcher the rider's reputation.

Butcher his reputation? C'mon! You can't seriously believe that.

Anyway - appreciste you spending the time write a detailed review. I just thought you came across as a little too critical at times.

Also - Leach wasnt hopping around really and he does do some new stuff.

One thing I agree about is they kind of downplayed Wade's line. The Dakine add made that line look so sick.

June 7, 2006, 9:51 p.m.

Paul bass won crankworks last year with a tailwhip that wasn't clean. It seems there is somthing with mountain biking and dabs these days. RTTH is still by far my fav segment by Leech eventhough he's pulled crazier lines in other films.

www.morleyw.com

Biketrials - Online Magazine for Biketrials in Canada.

June 7, 2006, 9:59 p.m.

meh it should be in my lbs tomorrow…

June 7, 2006, 10:01 p.m.

When R U Coming To Whistler Ridesik

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

June 7, 2006, 10:02 p.m.

Because maybe they wanted to show that pros can screw up the little stuff too?

That is the worst reasoning I have ever heard. You put the bails in the crash section, that is where they belong. I pay for a movie to see people landing tricks. It really bugs me when dabs or cases are included in a movie that you paid 30+ bucks for, they are professionals and should at least care enough to do the trick again and land it. I have the same beef with indian givers in rollbacks. JUST RESHOOT IT!

Ya, I sig my own quotes.

www.gnarwhale.com