Rider freaks out after being rear ended

Feb. 25, 2011, 9:01 a.m.

Don't know if you can embed pinkbike videos. Here's the link. Hope it's not a repost.

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/159119

Feb. 25, 2011, 9:08 a.m.

:repost:

i think someone on the boards even has a screencapture from that video as an avatar…

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Feb. 25, 2011, 9:13 a.m.

i haven't seen this before.

little bit of a drama queen, holy crap.

Feb. 25, 2011, 10:18 a.m.

it should be titled dumbass stops on the trail and gets hit from behind, as following rider couldn't predict dummy would stop. it was on mtbr a while ago,not that it matters.

Feb. 25, 2011, 11:11 a.m.

it should be titled dumbass stops on the trail and gets hit from behind, as following rider couldn't predict dummy would stop.

i think the alpine code applies here - both trail users are at fault:

3. As you proceed downhill or overtake another person, you must avoid the people below and beside you.
4. Do not stop where you obstruct a trail or run, or are not visible from above.

but yeah, under the circumstances, she does seem to overreact

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Feb. 25, 2011, 11:51 a.m.

:repost:

i think someone on the boards even has a screencapture from that video as an avatar…

Yeah I think someone has that for a avatar too!

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=136318

Parking lot punter with a beer belly

Feb. 25, 2011, 11:51 a.m.

The guy stayed surprisingly calm considering how the girl was reacting.

I'd say the girl was more at fault than the guy.

Feb. 25, 2011, 11:53 a.m.

I'd say the girl was more at fault than the guy.

you're not a guy, by any chance?

Feb. 25, 2011, 11:57 a.m.

Alpine code says - if faster riders overtake you. Get the fuck out of the way.

Alpine code also says - If slower riders don't move run them off the trail.

Feb. 25, 2011, noon

Crazy b*tch is crazy

I like her "come at me bro" ready stance after she chucks the bike, but before she falls over "in pain".

Accidents happen. People should relax

Feb. 27, 2011, 12:26 p.m.

lol, could've totally avoided the crash by swerving to teh right, but still funny

Feb. 27, 2011, 12:38 p.m.

lol, could've totally avoided the crash by swerving to teh right, but still funny

someone knows her and should call her out on the web

Feb. 27, 2011, 12:53 p.m.

seen it before but I LOLD hard again

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Feb. 27, 2011, 1:29 p.m.

I am gonna stir the pot with this post.

It's pretty funny to watch and all, but the guy is 100% at fault.

He got too close. She slowed and he hit her. It's just like driving a car: if you rear end someone then you are at fault.

I'm not denying that the lady freaks out, but she just got hit from behind by someone. If some dude ran into the back of you because you slowed down on a trail you'd be rather upset as well. If you were injured like she was you may also throw your bike and the dude as well.

So I agree this vid is funny as hell to watch, but at the end of the day, the guy is to blame for the incident, not the chick. He was following way too close without informing the lead rider of his intentions to pass.

www.FVMBA.com 

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti-

Feb. 27, 2011, 1:36 p.m.

I am gonna stir the pot with this post.

It's pretty funny to watch and all, but the guy is 100% at fault.

He got too close. She slowed and he hit her. It's just like driving a car: if you rear end someone then you are at fault.

I'm not denying that the lady freaks out, but she just got hit from behind by someone. If some dude ran into the back of you because you slowed down on a trail you'd be rather upset as well. If you were injured like she was you may also throw your bike and the dude as well.

So I agree this vid is funny as hell to watch, but at the end of the day, the guy is to blame for the incident, not the chick. He was following way too close without informing the lead rider of his intentions to pass.

rear ending someone on the street may be almost always the rear-enders fault, however, on a racetrack, it wouldn't be.

bike park or trail is like a racetrack, its equally both their fault IMO, he should have yelled out, on your left or right, and also slowed down. She should have recognized shes slower and pulled over to one side of the road, and also not be such a bitch.