Poco Bike Park Build Shots!

July 29, 2007, 4:31 p.m.

I went down and checked them out today and snapped a few pics to add to the post. still lots of work to do in the jump park and I think that the gap is fine between the landing and takeoffs on next set, especially once they are shaped.

here are some more pics

Judgng by some of the garbage and surrounding area, I think it has been a bit of a party place and unfortunately there has already been damage to the park. here is a teeter that was broken and a trashed bobcat, all the windows broken and vandalized.

-

July 29, 2007, 6:52 p.m.

needs to be lights

July 29, 2007, 11:22 p.m.

god damn vandals friggen hate them! but looks like its gonna b such a sweet park once its done. and like 2 mins from my house:)

Also, some people like skinnies. What better way to teach rear-wheel awareness - of which there is precious little around here? Besides, give it 5 years, and theyll be retro-chic again.

July 30, 2007, 1:01 a.m.

i went to go check em out today, and the big line jumps are literally 2 feet apart… i dont know what hoots jay was thinking but it wont work

i assume you have been out there digging and helping out?

July 30, 2007, 1:26 p.m.

needs to be lights

Hey did I meet you last night ? I had the blue Kona and was riding the small shit out at the other park last night. If that was you thanks for taking these pics I went straight home and didn't get to see it myself. Also I like the way you and your buddies ride, hope to be that good one day, until then I need to lose the fear haha.

One of these is not like the others.

July 30, 2007, 8:56 p.m.

i assume you have been out there digging and helping out?

unfortunately i had to work…. gotta pay for the bikes somehow

July 30, 2007, 9:09 p.m.

Is there any gravity into the set? I like the progression drops too.

The vandals will leave once the park is established and there is traffic through the area.

July 30, 2007, 9:17 p.m.

yea there is a big hill into the set

July 31, 2007, 12:30 p.m.

In case anybody is wondering, then next build day is
Saturday August 4
starts at 9am and goes throughout the day

July 31, 2007, 2:38 p.m.

unfortunately i had to work…. gotta pay for the bikes somehow

Dont complain if ur not ginna help

Jay hoots built our park in merritt and the jumps arent very spaced either. that doesnt proove as being a bad thing because it teaches you how to pump and carry speed through jumps.

Also, i completely agree with the fact that hoots gets the park going and leaves it to the riders to shape everything and keep it in running order, because in merritt we used to (not so much anymore) have maintanance nights every week on thursday and anybody could come out. Unfortunately, its died off this year because the main man of the park has been working alot and cant get out to direct everybody and noone else can seem to get people to come out as much, BUT we still do have maintanance times where u round up some buddies to patch up a lip or redo a landing and we have also had a bobcat out once or twice this season.

I guess what im trying to say is, if you dont like the main layout of the park, dont sit and complain, go out with a shovel and a work ethic and get the jumps ridable!

Cafe blog-www.bicyclecafe.blogspot.com !!!
Cafe site-www.bicyclecafe.com/kamloops !!!

Aug. 1, 2007, 9:32 a.m.

cool park, can't wait till its done

Aug. 4, 2007, 9:19 p.m.

Hey did I meet you last night ? I had the blue Kona and was riding the small shit out at the other park last night. If that was you thanks for taking these pics I went straight home and didn't get to see it myself. Also I like the way you and your buddies ride, hope to be that good one day, until then I need to lose the fear haha.

quite possibly, ive been known to roam those areas

Aug. 4, 2007, 9:43 p.m.

I went down there a few days ago, everything looked pretty zesty. Today was the build day wasn't it ? How'd they turn out ?

Aug. 4, 2007, 10:06 p.m.

This is what the park looks like after todays build day

I rode the jumps and they are really fun especially the 2nd largest set

Aug. 5, 2007, 12:44 a.m.

daaam looks like the best provincial park yet