Poco Bike Park Build Shots!

July 23, 2007, 6:46 p.m.

I don't understand the rocks in the logs thing…

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

July 23, 2007, 10:24 p.m.

dirt plus those slippery ramps should make a sweet combo

July 24, 2007, 12:26 a.m.

i went to go check em out today, and the big line jumps are literally 2 feet apart… i dont know what hoots jay was thinking but it wont work

July 24, 2007, 9:31 a.m.

when you have a pretty small space to pack as many features in as possible you have to get creative and mix it up. Most trails on the shore have wood to rock lines - eg. UOC, Espresso, 7th, Pangor etc etc. The idea of these parks is to expose riders to the different features they may encounter on the trails and make it a bit more technically challenging than just a smooth straight log ride. Expect to see a lot more wood to rock lines in other parks in the works.

July 24, 2007, 1:56 p.m.

If you were referring to what looks like small rocks embedded into the riding surface of the log, I think that is just some loose crumbles of concrete from setting the log in, those will brush off and I dont think meant to be there. the rocks referred to, where the boulders connecting them…

-

July 24, 2007, 2:22 p.m.

ahhh ok I think I missed what you were talking about, I didn't see the bits of rock on the log surface, thought you meant the boulders in between! yeah that's just dirt and stuff from building.

July 24, 2007, 3:48 p.m.

Expect to see a lot more wood to rock lines in other parks in the works.

Yeah Inter has some similar combo's currently in the works.

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

July 24, 2007, 4:13 p.m.

i went to go check em out today, and the big line jumps are literally 2 feet apart… i dont know what hoots jay was thinking but it wont work

do you mean between the take off and landing? or the landing of the first one and take off of the second jump?

"Jumps aren't dangerous by themselves… confidence, now thats dangerous"

July 24, 2007, 4:22 p.m.

brent, there not bad, they arent even shaped yet
with some good carving the jumps will be fine
right now there just piles of dirt.
So dont freak out, theres lots of work left to be done

July 24, 2007, 4:39 p.m.

he buolt gleneagles, and they SUCK now, looks like you got way nicer dirt though

:shhh:

July 24, 2007, 4:47 p.m.

he buolt gleneagles, and they SUCK now, looks like you got way nicer dirt though

jumps need to be maintained and he's got a crazy busy schedule so I'm sure he'd be very happy if you got in touch with him do some work on them. [email protected]

July 24, 2007, 5 p.m.

the berm is connected to the exit of the last on the big set and then into a step up…then u ride ontop of the next berm and theres a step down! its cool!

lotsa work to do, come out and build!

July 24, 2007, 9:59 p.m.

hoots is a super nice guy and suprisingly he knows how to build dirtjumps, it usuially dosent show in his work but thats because he has to follow those gay safty standards set by the city, cut him some slack. he also shows up at the parks he has built to check if they are in need of maintainace

July 24, 2007, 10:10 p.m.

When i sat down with hoots to talk about some bike park stuff (which in turn helped us get the up and coming pitt meadows park approved) he told me this..

" All we do is put out the dirt and do basic shaping, its up to the local riders to get them dialed in "

July 24, 2007, 10:14 p.m.

When i sat down with hoots to talk about some bike park stuff (which in turn helped us get the up and coming pitt meadows park approved) he told me this..

" All we do is put out the dirt and do basic shaping, its up to the local riders to get them dialed in "

this is true, the local riders are the ones responsible for the jumps, and those who trash bad jumps in there area, are only the lazy ones. get out and build people!!