Photos With The New SLR!

March 2, 2004, 10:33 p.m.

Originally posted by Joe Dick
hey don't be afraid to push slide film, it works well, more contrast but over all a good image. as a rule for slide film I shoot for fuji 100 asa, and when I need to, I'll push it to 400. the trick is when you running off a few rolls of film to mark down what you did while your doing it. you only make the mistake of forgeting what you did to what roll of film once.
if I shoot color neg I just shoot fuji 400. there's not much rhyme nor reason to why, just habit and what I personaly like to do.

Sounds good, I'll play around more once I have a bit more money and experiance, I just got my first SLR 3 weeks ago and shot my first mtn biking rolls this weekend. I've got a roll of 100 provia and e100 vs sitting beside me, soooo stoked to use them in kamloops this weekend. I'll push a roll of 400 b[HTML_REMOVED]w to 800, sound good? Not to good at pushing yet its all experiance though.

2004 truvative luftalarm street/dj cranks $100 OBO.
Front XT 9mm hub $45 OBO
Rear Deore hub with great SS set up + 10mm rear axel - $50 OBO
6" hayes roter $10

March 3, 2004, 1:58 p.m.

nice pics bros…..the one of chron is uber phat…..did he ride away?

March 3, 2004, 2 p.m.

the last one is the best. looks like it totally captures a mentality. mostly cuz of the guy on the left. haha

and the close up no hander, just cuz it looks like hes totally static

nice shots man :)

March 3, 2004, 3:28 p.m.

well kamloops just some more snow…haha the majority of it has melted but hopefully it gets sunny so it dries out most of the stuff because its going to be muddy for a few days id imagine..sorta disapointing

March 3, 2004, 4:59 p.m.

looks like my road trip is either gona suck or im not gona go… EVERYONE has canceled so I'm not sure i wana go…

2004 truvative luftalarm street/dj cranks $100 OBO.
Front XT 9mm hub $45 OBO
Rear Deore hub with great SS set up + 10mm rear axel - $50 OBO
6" hayes roter $10

March 3, 2004, 5:42 p.m.

when i started shooting (ten years ago) i used to push the crap out of b[HTML_REMOVED]w all the time (400 + 2 was my thing). i don't any more though. i think once you get over the immediate thing of thinking high contrast = better you start to see the additional control you have when you don't push the film, but read and rate it normal. you have so many options in the dark room as is if you use the right speed film for the shooting conditions, which you only reduce by pushing. if you get the chance shoot two rolls, one pushed and one not and look closely at what you get as a result. film is so good nowadays that there really isn't any "need" to use old photo tricks to get the results you need. of course it's an aesthetic decision, hence the quotes around 'need', and the choice ulitmately is yours. but you're actually narrowing your options by pushing.

INVOICE

http://www.somethinginthewaymag.com