Photos from the Tour

July 29, 2010, 11:13 a.m.

Hey all I was in France a few days ago watching the tour and thought you would all enjoy a few shots from stages 18 and 19.

All of the ones I took can be seen on my pinkbike album here

http://gex9d.pinkbike.com/album/Tour-de-France/

But here are a few

Ill be in Europe another two weeks. Hanging out in Belgium now. Might try and hit up the Vale Di Sole world cup this weekend. But that just might make me miss my bikes even more. They have sat dormant for two months. I'm going to be out of practice when i get back.

Transition - TOP
Specialized- Demo 8 II
Santa Cruz- Butcher

Still a hack.

July 29, 2010, 11:24 a.m.

Nice shots. Polka dot dude's pretty intense lol.
Whens the BikeRader going down over there? You could test ride some of those european brands and watch some sick riding. Win Win?

July 29, 2010, 11:40 a.m.

Wife and I were thinking of doing this next year (with Mega Avalanche mixed in for fun)..

How easy was it to watch the tour? Did you have to camp out a spot early in the morning and then wait hours for them to ride by?

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

July 29, 2010, 12:08 p.m.

It was super easy to watch the time trial. The finish line in Bordeaux though we showed up two hours early and got prime seating 200m from the finish line. We also got a bunch of free stuff from the rolling advertise athon that went on before the tour. The time trial was much more fun to watch. The ending in Bordeaux was two hours of waiting for 30 seconds of actual racing to be viewed. Ohh well. I was having a good time.

Transition - TOP
Specialized- Demo 8 II
Santa Cruz- Butcher

Still a hack.

July 29, 2010, 12:10 p.m.

Did you have to camp out a spot early in the morning and then wait hours for them to ride by?

look behind some of the fences. there's got to be 'hot spots' with big crowds, but it's way too long to not get a good view at some point.

July 29, 2010, 12:10 p.m.

curious, cuz I don't follow it at all - are there women in La Tour?

July 29, 2010, 12:21 p.m.

In theory, yes there are women.

Wiki says otherwise...

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

July 29, 2010, 12:25 p.m.

I'd like to attempt CBC in full TT kit and on a TT bike.

July 30, 2010, 1:41 p.m.

that explains why polka dot dude is so intense.

Aug. 6, 2010, 7:56 p.m.

I'd like to attempt CBC in full TT kit and on a TT bike.

do it up. i dare you hahaha

JDM POWER!

Aug. 7, 2010, 10:14 a.m.

Super rad. I was there for stages 16 and 17 and the rest day, was bummed I didn't get to stay till the finish. I didn't get any riding photos as i was busy manning the video cam during all the action. I did have the privilege of shooting from one of the Cervelo Test Team support vehicles though which was sick. Rad Tour and was cool to see a Canadian do so well.

www.aaronlarocque.com