Photos: Brandon Semenuk in Squamish

April 15, 2011, 2:35 p.m.

attack of the internet nerds! god forbid it ever rains on the sea to sky…

April 15, 2011, 4:27 p.m.

The bottom of Severed on Seymour looks like this when its raining.

It hasn't changed much.

I went out on a really really rainy day to divert the water, but realized that it was seeping in from the sides.

Since then the NSMBA went in and created a ditch in the worse parts for the water to run down, and some diversions that are working. So its not as much of a creek that it used to be.

Bottom section is still a rut. Still has lots of water running down it. Still gets ridden A LOT. Still hasn't changed much.

I'm not even going to TALK about Neds.

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

April 15, 2011, 4:29 p.m.

really?

unless it is flowing over bedrock, that creek will continue to erode that trail into a deeper and deeper trench. Riding the trail under those conditions will only accelerate the process.

kinda like CBC and MOAD?

problem with riding CBC In the wet is it undermines, loosens and dislodges the rock work. But this has been gone over and over and over.

don't know MOAD.

And if this trail is powersmart. It was doomed from the start - fall line, easily shuttled.

April 15, 2011, 6:35 p.m.

thread full of 40 year old pricks who should enjoy biking more instead of fussing about riding a wet trail.

i googled majin super gay and this thread came up

April 15, 2011, 7:43 p.m.

thread full of 40 year old pricks who should enjoy biking more instead of fussing about riding a wet trail.

38 actually. and I spent my morning in a meeting with the District Recreation Officer discussing future options for new LEGAL trails, when I could just not give a fuck. Different point of view I guess.

I realise people ride down rutted out trails when they are wet, but do we really need to post photos of it in the internet and use it for REDBULL!!1! promotional material?

you guys calling out 'internet nerds' and 'old men' have no idea how much effort has gone into the politics of mountain biking to get it to where it is today.

I was there in '94 when they wanted to ban bikes from the Delta Watershed. Anyone remember Ernie Crist? Go talk to some americans who have NO legal trails to ride in their area.

River City Cycle Club - www.rivercitycycle.ca

Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

April 15, 2011, 7:45 p.m.

if that's an actual trail, the builders have way more issues that someone riding down it.

Thread should have ended right here.

Pastor of Muppets

April 15, 2011, 8:06 p.m.

Remember this when you are 40….

April 15, 2011, 10:12 p.m.

needs more bp on a 29er.

while your sitten at your desk im banging laps.

April 16, 2011, 12:26 a.m.

38 actually. and I spent my morning in a meeting with the District Recreation Officer discussing future options for new LEGAL trails, when I could just not give a fuck. Different point of view I guess.

I realise people ride down rutted out trails when they are wet, but do we really need to post photos of it in the internet and use it for REDBULL!!1! promotional material?

you guys calling out 'internet nerds' and 'old men' have no idea how much effort has gone into the politics of mountain biking to get it to where it is today.

I was there in '94 when they wanted to ban bikes from the Delta Watershed. Anyone remember Ernie Crist? Go talk to some americans who have NO legal trails to ride in their area.

God the BB sucks now. Buddy If the water if flowing over a trail causing erosion how much impact is a tire tread going to have on it in the overall picture when the water keeps flowing over afterward. Give it a break.

Most of the senior board members on here know how much effort went into keeping these trails open. Save the pity card. You were there in 94? So were a lot of these senior board members that had a hand on the whole thing!

If you are not happy with the picture then I would assume you wouldn't ride ANY trails at all when they are wet, spring or fall, cuts your season pretty short hey? You live on a freaking mountain, bedrock and glacier till, mountain biking has a less detrimental effect on it then any water flow.

This isn't America, un-tie your panties and give it a break. If you didn't see these "promotional" Redbull pictures on the internet you may have not seen them at all if you are not an avid magazine reader or you may have seen them if you are, then what?

www.tuchiwsky.com

April 16, 2011, 1:55 a.m.

I wonder how long this thread is gonna live before it's nuked.

WhistlerActionCams.com

April 16, 2011, 7:59 a.m.

needs more bp on a 29er.

Doesn't everything?

Me. Car/Web Work. Twitter. FFFFound.

April 16, 2011, 11:56 a.m.

In reality Red Bull paid to construct 100m of creek bed / trail for this shoot, which has since been removed and the forest floor has been replenished.

Brain, Brandon and David came out of this project with unreal shots, and a giant pot-stir making nsmb 40-something's (the target demographic for this project) aware of the power of collaboration between riders, videographers and photographers.

Nothing further should be said.

// What's Good // F U N E R A L // Ultramontane // DEEP SIX //

April 16, 2011, 1:09 p.m.

Can you guys cry me a river so I can shred down it on my bike?

nobody is this dumb.

April 17, 2011, 3:51 p.m.

Remember this when you are 40….

If i can still ride downhill when I'm 40 I'm gonna ride thorough all the muddy trails i can.

i googled majin super gay and this thread came up

April 17, 2011, 4:34 p.m.

If i can still ride downhill when I'm 40 I'm gonna ride thorough all the muddy trails i can.

Maybe you can sign up for some spelling lessons too.