Peru

June 2, 2012, 6:37 p.m.

Excellent! Scenery and food looks amazing. I'm already overly excited for spending my next summer backpacking across SA and you just managed to boost that even more. I really need to post the photos from my Eastern European trip(only a year late:P)

How long were you there for?

flickr

June 2, 2012, 11:21 p.m.

little people photo bomb for the win

Trip looks awesome. It's certainly on our radar for future trips.

June 3, 2012, 5:10 a.m.

Went on the Sacred Rides DH tour in 2008. Amazing food, history and scenery as well. Wayo and his crew are great. Ripped my rear derailleur off on day four and I had a spare which was good. Another fellow crashed and scraped the shaft of his rear shock so badly that he had to replace it. Wayo hooked him up with the Fox distributor in Lima personally but it did cost him $450 on the spot for a brand new shock. Extra rotors for sure as one of mine got slightly tweaked in transport (even with a Dakine bike bag). Shirk, I have a bag you can borrow if you need one? Olleros was definitely a highlight. Sounds like you had an amazing time. I'd go back again on a more pedally tour, I think there's an AM option now.

This was the XC/am tour. There really wasn't much pedaling at all. we did a few days where there was a bunch of pedaling, but still a fair bit of shuttling.

June 3, 2012, 5:12 a.m.

Went on the Sacred Rides DH tour in 2008. Amazing food, history and scenery as well. Wayo and his crew are great. Ripped my rear derailleur off on day four and I had a spare which was good. Another fellow crashed and scraped the shaft of his rear shock so badly that he had to replace it. Wayo hooked him up with the Fox distributor in Lima personally but it did cost him $450 on the spot for a brand new shock. Extra rotors for sure as one of mine got slightly tweaked in transport (even with a Dakine bike bag). Shirk, I have a bag you can borrow if you need one? Olleros was definitely a highlight. Sounds like you had an amazing time. I'd go back again on a more pedally tour, I think there's an AM option now.

Definitely recommend taking off the rotors in the dakine bags still. Also a bunch of people had the EVOC bags and I would say those bags were much nicer all around.

June 4, 2012, 9:46 p.m.

Is that beach spot Huanchaco? One of my all time best spots in the world…was there in '94 and not much has changed!

"Ripping Styles, Holmes!"
- Tommy Guererro, Search for Animal Chin

June 5, 2012, 6:16 a.m.

Did the trip in the fall of 2010 w/ Synchro. For me, the best trip of any kind I've ever taken. Absolutely loved the country, the people, and the culture. Wayo puts on an amazing experience.

I look at the photos every day and dream of going back.

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

June 5, 2012, 9:48 a.m.

Seems like everyone that has been to Peru has the same feelings I do, amazing coutnry for sure.

Here's a video from the mountain biking portion of the trip, sadly most of the footage from Olleros was unusable (I suck and pointed the camera straight down). But it still brings back happy memories!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cez48ovIlw

June 6, 2012, 7:47 p.m.

thats some beautiful scenery, nice video as well

Flickr Vimeo
Media
MotionMTB

June 6, 2012, 9:57 p.m.

Danny, you were with Cam, Claudia, Jay Martin and the crew!? Amazing photos, wish I could have been involved! Next time!

June 7, 2012, 1:29 p.m.

Danny, you were with Cam, Claudia, Jay Martin and the crew!? Amazing photos, wish I could have been involved! Next time!

That was the crew, and it was a killer crew to hang with.

June 13, 2012, 11:39 a.m.

Question for those that have done the Peru trip with Wayo: Do you think its safe to take a laptop?

I like the idea of being able to backup photos from memory card to laptop and online, but I'm pretty paranoid about theft from hotel rooms etc…

:canada: :czech:

June 13, 2012, 9:48 p.m.

Question for those that have done the Peru trip with Wayo: Do you think its safe to take a laptop?

I like the idea of being able to backup photos from memory card to laptop and online, but I'm pretty paranoid about theft from hotel rooms etc…

I brought mine and it was fine, security is not an issue. Wayo uses one the whole trip.

Shed head!

June 14, 2012, 7:56 a.m.

Yeah, there was a couple laptops in our group. No real security concerns. Most hotel front doors are locked and they know everyone coming and going.

June 20, 2012, 9:31 a.m.

WIFI memory cards are extremly cheap now and as long as your in a wifi area it can send your photos back to your home computer.

Sept. 6, 2012, 5:29 p.m.

You guys rock! Thank you for the good comments!
Cheers,
Wayo

In search for the best trails on earth!
www.inkasadventures.com