Nwd 9

Dec. 7, 2008, 12:33 p.m.

Darren Berrecloth can also backflip on dirtjumps now… but so can everybody else
And I still think there was alot of creative new ideas in this movie

haha yeah I was going to mention that the newest thing about his part was a trick that most 15 year old kids can do in Whistler. What do you think is new and creative? I just don't see it. Maybe you mean they didn't use any Marilyn Manson or Bender?

Me. Car/Web Work. Twitter. FFFFound.

Dec. 8, 2008, 12:48 a.m.

haha yeah I was going to mention that the newest thing about his part was a trick that most 15 year old kids can do in Whistler. What do you think is new and creative? I just don't see it. Maybe you mean they didn't use any Marilyn Manson or Bender?

the sport is to small to have its paraphenalia judged by someone
who means nothing to it.
maybe put some actions infront of those words and show us what you've done lately, NWD makes some pretty damn good films and darren's done his time.. whats Ron done?
so easy to judge yeah?
sorry.. carry on.

Freeride, Its whats for dinner

www.thevishfiles.com
www.ninjai.com
www.karmakula.com

Dec. 8, 2008, 1:34 a.m.

they used Army of the Pharaohs, I was stoked, still haven't watched it all but its now on my ipod so it'll happen

Just because I like boys doesn't mean I want to go out with Mike.

Dec. 8, 2008, 6:56 a.m.

I was pretty stoked to see racing back in NWD…not so stoked to see it was almost all slo-mo. But then what else should I have expected?

Dec. 8, 2008, 8:14 a.m.

the sport is to small to have its paraphenalia judged by someone

when you're being asked to shell out 30 bucks or whatever it is, damn rights you better expect your stuff to be judged and talked about. and the fact that mr. battlefield earth is actually right makes his criticism all the more enjoyable.

no offense to the riders in the flick, but of all the bigger budget number X bike flicks out there, nwd are consistently amongst the weakest in the genre: crappy music, crappy effects, lots of shots in deserts and exotic locales where no one is really interested in riding, and dirt jumps. there's no point for the racing footage because it's being done by others who are way better at it.

"It's, like, so much fun."

Dec. 8, 2008, 9:23 a.m.

^^^^30 wholw dollars eh?

We live in a world where people are dvd crazy and buy every piece of shit that rolls into the store costs 26.99, then 4.99 in a month.

I wish those guys would put the effort into their scripts that we have to put into stringing together a few bike lines.

I liked the flick, thought it was a step-up for NWD.

Robbie is the king.

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

Dec. 8, 2008, 10:08 a.m.

NWD movies stepped up from the boring category to the good category with number 9. Its far from amazing, but I was able to sit through the entire movie feeling stoked on riding.

Dec. 8, 2008, 10:24 a.m.

NWD movies stepped up from the boring category to the good category with number 9. Its far from amazing, but I was able to sit through the entire movie feeling stoked on riding.

I haven't had that feeling after any of the NWD that came after Ride The Lightning.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Dec. 8, 2008, 10:28 a.m.

STACY KOHUT IS MY TRAINER!

But seriously, did we really need to see a Crankworks section? Especially put to angry reggae? Oh, the flip off the U thing beside the road gap reminds me, what ever happened to Benton Hennig? Did I mention I hate Brad Ewen? Fuck that guy.

I'm not really sure what happened to Benton. Great rider and a great kid but he just seemed to lose interest in being on the team once he got all his bikes and gear. When something was arranged for him he'd show up and ride hard but otherwise he didn't seem to put in any effort. He didn't stay in contact either which makes things really hard. It's too bad because I really enjoyed having him on the team.

Dec. 8, 2008, 11:15 a.m.

I watched it all last night some random stuff, but pretty damn sick. Enjoyed it alot.

Just because I like boys doesn't mean I want to go out with Mike.

Dec. 8, 2008, 12:11 p.m.

DB in Utah. He only does tables. Seriously, 90% of the section is him doing tables. Oh he just did a level-lifted 3. He also does a fakie wallride, just like he has in EVERY other NWD. Nothing new at all, except his wallride 360 at the end, but its wayyyyy smaller than Boyko's banger in NWD 8.
Music: guitars and thrashy drums. Sounds like numetal trying to sound like old metal.

Everybody is entitled to his own opinion. But saying this is like saying that Wade Simmons cannot ride a bike. Seriously, this may be your opinion, but somehow you always end up thrashing some riders for what they are doing. I personally think that DB is not compareable to the guys from the Aptos DJ crew - the environment each rider is riding and growing up in is different for each one of us and (more importantly) the professionals.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Dec. 8, 2008, 2:29 p.m.

i dunno. I think BP's review seemed more positive this time around than negative. He seemed to have a few good things to say. Maybe wait til it's on firesale instead of ripping it off the internet? The bordo-culture comment was pretty damn funny.

"Ripping Styles, Holmes!"
- Tommy Guererro, Search for Animal Chin

Dec. 8, 2008, 2:38 p.m.

^^^^30 wholw dollars eh?

We live in a world where people are dvd crazy and buy every piece of shit that rolls into the store costs 26.99, then 4.99 in a month.

I wish those guys would put the effort into their scripts that we have to put into stringing together a few bike lines.

I liked the flick, thought it was a step-up for NWD.

Robbie is the king.

I'm hoping that enough people start to steal shitty MTB movies on the internet, and it forces companies to stop seeing videos as anything other than a marketing tool, rather than as a way to actually make money. EDIT: I don't mean this specific NWD is any shittier than what we've come to expect or anything, I'm talking about the status quo of mtb movies in general here.

Then instead of having awful production companies make stuff that's totally out of touch (Freeride Entertainment for example), bike companies like Kona, etc., will have to step up and use it. Look at the Levi's video, or the Nike video, if you don't believe that videos can be an effective marketing tool.

And yeah, as much as Robbie Bourdon is not my kind of rider, I have to say he lays it down hard in this NWD. Good for him.

I'm not really sure what happened to Benton. Great rider and a great kid but he just seemed to lose interest in being on the team once he got all his bikes and gear. When something was arranged for him he'd show up and ride hard but otherwise he didn't seem to put in any effort. He didn't stay in contact either which makes things really hard. It's too bad because I really enjoyed having him on the team.

I'd have to say that I think the people you're choosing to support now are a much better direction for you than Benton.

Everybody is entitled to his own opinion. But saying this is like saying that Wade Simmons cannot ride a bike. Seriously, this may be your opinion, but somehow you always end up thrashing some riders for what they are doing. I personally think that DB is not compareable to the guys from the Aptos DJ crew - the environment each rider is riding and growing up in is different for each one of us and (more importantly) the professionals.

I'm not comparing DB to anyone but himself in my criticism. He is a pro bike rider, and I think it's a fair criticism if he hasn't progressed at all in a long time. Here's what he did this time around:
1ft table, horns, table, table, 1 ft table , 1ft table, level lift 3, wallride table, fakie wallride, footplant, indian air, footplant, wall table, 3 table, 3 whip, 1ft table, flip, wall 3.

That's 9 tables and 9 other tricks if you include throwing the horns as a trick (oh and it is). Yeah, flipping is new for him, but prettymuch any kid in Whistler can do those now.

I just think that this shows how "big mountain epic lines" is where innovators go when they get old, and it's lame. If I want to see someone ride big mtn lines, I want it to be Shandro or Simmons.

Me. Car/Web Work. Twitter. FFFFound.

Dec. 8, 2008, 3:03 p.m.

personaly i think the entire NWD team need to take a year off, and do some soul searching on WHY they first made a film..

regain that spark and start fresh.. every NWD in recent years seems like the same old people doing the same ol' style…

this is the first year of NWD im NOT gunna purchase.. unless i find one on stupid cheap sale..

kind of funny how a basic/decent DH race video is easier to watch and enjoy then a BIg budget freeride film…

p.s. i think Cory and Jeremy need to work together and put out a KICKASS film, that shows the big boys how its done..8-)

you guys both had stellar first films and i bet between teh 2 of you, u could produce a true GEM…

Dec. 8, 2008, 3:20 p.m.

I heard something about Sterling Lorence taking part in making a mtb flick, can anybody confirm anything?

vimeo
Flickr