New Website for Your MTB Films

April 3, 2006, 2:34 a.m.

Hi, i'm new on here but trying to drum up a bit of interest in my new website

http://www.extremesportsfilms.com

Just getting it off the ground at the moment and i have a few clips on which are mostly uk based, would love to get some north shore type stuff on so if there are any amateur movie makers out there that want there films hosted get in touch.

Cheers

Roy

April 3, 2006, 3:53 a.m.

sweet site, good work!

Keith Scott
Banshee Bikes Designer
www.bansheebikes.com
http://bansheebikes.blogspot.com

April 3, 2006, 7:28 a.m.

Hi, i'm new on here but trying to drum up a bit of interest in my new website

http://www.extremesportsfilms.com

Just getting it off the ground at the moment and i have a few clips on which are mostly uk based, would love to get some north shore type stuff on so if there are any amateur movie makers out there that want their films hosted get in touch.

Cheers

Roy

Yah iWeb! ;) How are you finding managing a larger website, using it?

I have some MTB home movies, a couple from Mt.Fromme 2004/2005 and a bunch more from the local trails. Feel free to watch and link to them if you wish.
RootsRocksFlow.com

There'll be a bunch more going up this year - idea is to show off some of the local trails, to those who aren't jumping road gaps and riding super-skinny stuff all the time.

EDIT: The 'Day of Deliverance' movie link on the bottom of the front page, is broken. (file does not exist)

April 3, 2006, 9 a.m.

Cheers for the comments Builttoride. didn't expect another scot to be the first to reply.

Danski, just watched all your movies and well impressed, just the sort of thing i'm looking to add to the site. Was in Vancouver at the start of March for a bit of sight seeing and then snowboarding in Whistler, absolutely loved it, would definitely like to head back in the summer for some mountain biking.

re. iWeb, it works well for what i'm doing at the moment although there are restrictions you have to work around. may move up to something better at some point but as this is the first time i've created a website it makes it so easy so sticking with it for now.

Fixed the day of deliverance movie, typo on the hyperlink.

April 3, 2006, 9:20 a.m.

Danski, just watched all your movies and well impressed, just the sort of thing i'm looking to add to the site. Was in Vancouver at the start of March for a bit of sight seeing and then snowboarding in Whistler, absolutely loved it, would definitely like to head back in the summer for some mountain biking.

re. iWeb, it works well for what i'm doing at the moment although there are restrictions you have to work around. may move up to something better at some point but as this is the first time i've created a website it makes it so easy so sticking with it for now.

Cheers, glad you liked them. I'm actually just uploading the remaining Fromme APR2005 movie, should be online in minute. :)

iWeb will hopefully evolve. I've used it myself for the family site, but found the restrictions a pain. I currently use Wordpress along with a FLIKR and a Podpress plugin, which works well and I like the idea of web based admin, from any machine.

BTW - If you have more than one Mac and you want to sync iWeb projects on both, then this little tip may be useful.

April 3, 2006, 11:09 a.m.

Cool man, I may send you some vids in the future…

April 3, 2006, 4:22 p.m.

thats sick, i'll be checkin er' out on a reg basis, keep us up to date.

life is like the sickest trail you can ever think of. it keeps on going, over all the bumps and mud, through the beautiful breezy grass, past the stunning epic views and sailing in the air during the hangtime. and at the end we all roll on ok, ready for yet another trail. another day.

April 4, 2006, 1:24 p.m.

cheers for the comments guys, i'm totally stoked that everybody seems to like my wee website. From guys reading the posts here i've got some more good stuff for the website and will update it in the next day or so so keep checking back.

Cheers

Roy

April 4, 2006, 3:34 p.m.

what sort of bandwidth will you have?

April 4, 2006, 6:06 p.m.

if thats cool iam gonna send u some vids????? eamil me back [email protected]

F TFJC

April 4, 2006, 11:14 p.m.

Taylor P, My current deal has 800MB of storage space and a 10GB monthly download allowance with charges if i go over that, i'm currently getting close to using all of that capacity and will be upgrading to the next level soon which has 2.5GB storage and 20GB download allowance, i will upgrade the package as demand requires. I want this to be the place to go if your looking for any clips of anything of an extreme sports nature so i'm willing to spend a bit of cash, although it's not much at the moment, but who knows where the website could potentially go. Cheers, Roy.

April 4, 2006, 11:17 p.m.

just emailed you dave (locationplus), look forward to hearing from you.

April 5, 2006, 11:38 p.m.

just added all vids received in the last few days to the website but keep em coming.