(NBR) - Blog of my sailing trip up the BC coast

June 26, 2010, 9:28 p.m.

Not sure if anyone would be interested in this, but I've been keeping a blog going documenting my sailing trip up the coast of BC. Contains my attempts at photography and writing, so no guarantees about the quality of content. I started it mostly to update friends/family. But as it's been pretty well received amongst people reading it, I figured a few people here might enjoy it.

http://talofalee2010.blogspot.com/

We left in May and we're currently in Prince Rupert waiting for another crew member. Plans are to mosey over to Haida Gwaii then make our way back down to Van.

Here's a few sample shots:

Anyways, please give it a look! Comments are welcome/appreciated!

June 26, 2010, 9:47 p.m.

Awesome times dude. How long have you been on board? How many crew are on board?

June 26, 2010, 10:18 p.m.

Looks amazing!

June 27, 2010, 2:57 a.m.

Really loving the Orca shots!
really jealous of your trip, sounds super fun

June 27, 2010, 8:45 a.m.

this is truly awesome, i'm really enjoying reading your blog. 50' sailboat - nice. i've done a week-long trip in a 27 footer from the mainland to the island, but that was a long time ago. sailing is fun.

great pictures btw. looking forward to reading more about your adventure.

June 27, 2010, 9:29 a.m.

Thanks for giving it a look! Really glad some people are actually reading it after spending all this time writing it :lol:

Awesome times dude. How long have you been on board? How many crew are on board?

We left Vancouver on May 17th with a bit of a stay-over in Port McNeill. All total we've been onboard 42 days so far. We should be back in Vancouver by Aug 1.

Crew has mostly been the Captain and 2 crew. The Captain is back in Vancouver now but another friend is showing up today.

June 27, 2010, 9:38 a.m.

I am currently in a bit of a hurry, have only taken a quick look at most of the pictures - and me and my wife are really really jealous.

Thanks a million for sharing. I was sometimes reminded of the beautifully albeit old book by M. Wylie Blanchet - The Curve of Time.

Keep up posting. :)

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

July 5, 2010, 7:42 p.m.

shameless bump for some updated posts. last time i'll bump it, I promise

bears, whales and seals. oh my!

July 5, 2010, 8 p.m.

Although I don't get off of the boat, I do get to sail up and down the coast often and I never get bored of it. Last month I made 2 trips up to Haida Gwaii. Theres sooo many places that I love to stop and and check out…good for you on getting the chance.I enjoyed the pictures of Butedale.

July 5, 2010, 10:31 p.m.

Looks like an amazing adventure. Got any more pictures of the boat under sail? I know it's difficult to find the best vantage point when you're actually on the boat.

July 12, 2010, 2:30 p.m.

Awesome pics, and love the writeups too. Thanks for sharing, I'll definitely keep checking in. Makes me miss BC!

July 12, 2010, 3:44 p.m.

I am currently in a bit of a hurry, have only taken a quick look at most of the pictures - and me and my wife are really really jealous.

Thanks a million for sharing. I was sometimes reminded of the beautifully albeit old book by M. Wylie Blanchet - The Curve of Time.

Keep up posting. :)

Oddly enough I just spent 3 days on the actual Curve of Time boat, going from Port Hardy to a place called Triangle Island.

"Ripping Styles, Holmes!"
- Tommy Guererro, Search for Animal Chin

July 12, 2010, 3:50 p.m.

Oh yeah, the dolphins playing alongside your boat are actually dall's porpoises. Pretty damn fast, that's for sure.

"Ripping Styles, Holmes!"
- Tommy Guererro, Search for Animal Chin

July 12, 2010, 4:08 p.m.

Thanks for the blog! Sailing up the BC coast is one thing I'd absolutely love to do in the next couple years. Much jealousy :)

Bicycles!

July 14, 2010, 3:46 a.m.

Oddly enough I just spent 3 days on the actual Curve of Time boat, going from Port Hardy to a place called Triangle Island.

Wow.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer