My ankle injury, nasty photos inside

March 30, 2006, 3:43 p.m.

that must've scared the fuck out of you when you first saw what youd done. heal up soon. riding season's upon us.

wow, M&M, you're a fucking dick!

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..

March 30, 2006, 5:26 p.m.

ewww look at all that gewwy poop!

March 30, 2006, 5:49 p.m.

oh my god

:ireland: Pickem-up Truck

March 30, 2006, 8:08 p.m.

shit, that is gnarly, ur gonna have one awesome scar though

March 30, 2006, 10:04 p.m.

Haha, thanks for the replies! To answer some questions, it was a really slow crash, I'd had a few quick stacks earlier that day, with no bad result… This one, well, i rolled to a drop off, with nowhere near enough speed, and my front wheel caught. Then my handlebars turned sideways, so i jumped off and fell about 5 feet onto a rocky downslope. My mate, who was already down, said i landed on my left foot, it stayed there, and i kept going. I can still remember the sound it made…
Instant, ridiculous pain. I rolled to a stop, with my foot hanging over the edge of a little ledge. So i thought, i had to get it above my heart, rest ice ELEVATION compression… So i dragged my leg around with my foot hanging about 180 degrees up my leg… AAhh, the wait for the ambulance guys was agony.
But yeh, i got a free helicopter ride, which was nice!

Thanks for the healing vibes guys! Much appreciated!

March 30, 2006, 10:11 p.m.

that is one of the most hardcore things ive seen.

March 31, 2006, 12:02 a.m.

Definitely disgusting! Heal up well dude!

-m

March 31, 2006, 2:59 p.m.

Holy fuck.

Good luck on the recovery. Hopefully you'll ride again!

Sober

March 31, 2006, 5:41 p.m.

I'm still cringing - that's the worst injury I think I've seen and I'm going to be picturing that in my head on my next ride. Do you remember the whole time after the injury? I can imagine you must have gone into some kind of shock eventually I would think…

Anyway, heal up! Glad to hear it turned out better than it could have!

March 31, 2006, 6:07 p.m.

Well, I'm already riding again, not riding anywhere more difficult than bike paths, but I'm back out there! It hurts like hell, but my physio said that's to be expected! If it hurts to much i have to stop, but until then! Wooooh, damn it's good to be on the bike!

To wesleymantooth, yeh i remember everything, i was wishing i could go into shock! The only bit i don't remember is when the ambulance officers put my foot back into place. Luckily my brain has blocked out that memory, because according to my mate, they had to really wrench it around. It took a lot of force and sounded quite horrible… He vomited pretty much straight away when they did that!!!