More northern BC riding - Prince George

Oct. 5, 2011, 8:06 a.m.

Contrary to popular belief, there is more to northern BC than mud holes and jumps made of pallets and hockey sticks. This time we checked out an area called pidherny rec area, which recently became protected from development and lots of new building is going on with lots of government support. Props to all the people involved saving this place and improving the trails in the past 4 years since I was here last!

https://vimeo.com/30061562

Oct. 5, 2011, 4:28 p.m.

reminds me of the watershed shortly after the big cut.

Oct. 5, 2011, 4:46 p.m.

Didn't like the music but the trails look fun.

Oct. 5, 2011, 5:07 p.m.

Didn't like the music but the trails look fun.

same here

Oct. 5, 2011, 5:56 p.m.

This time we checked out an area called pidherny rec area, which recently became protected from development and lots of new building is going on with lots of government support. Props to all the people involved saving this place and improving the trails in the past 4 years since I was here last

what kind of govy support, I heard the govy guy over there in PeeG wasn't as into spending the $$$ as the guy out here ?

arent they moving the golf course out to pidherny so they needed to make amends for that?

I havent ridden there in 5 yrs

Oct. 5, 2011, 6:01 p.m.

what kind of govy support, I heard the govy guy over there in PeeG wasn't as into spending the $$$ as the guy out here ?

arent they moving the golf course out to pidherny so they needed to make amends for that?

I havent ridden there in 5 yrs

The government support is definitely nothing near what you guys are getting out to the west. From what I understand, the golf course move for scrapped and the land at pidherny is now a BC forest service recreation area. So the trails are now "legitimate" and sanctioned. As such, lots of the big manky old stunts got cut down, but lots of new work (by vollies unfortunately) is being done. Some new lines are going in and stuff like that, and its all "legal". That's what I meant by gov support…not a spending spree like smithers and burns lake!