Day 1 attempts:
http://www.pinkbike.com/video/146784/

Day 2 sticks it:
http://www.pinkbike.com/video/146836/

nobody is this dumb.

July 2, 2010, 11:41 p.m.

Wow, that was crazy! Good advertising for COC too, I wanna go and try :P

July 3, 2010, 1:27 a.m.

Good for Mike, but he certainly didn't "create" it like it says in that vid.

Woooo, it's a new trick because it's on a mountain bike! Nevermind that it got done ON A QUARTER like 4 years ago, and a bunch of times since. :rolleyes:

Me. Car/Web Work. Twitter. FFFFound.

July 3, 2010, 8:10 a.m.

It's gonna hurt if his front wheel slips and he lands balls first on the cable.

treezz
wow you are a ass

July 3, 2010, 5:16 p.m.

Crazy trick for sure. but it doesn't have any style to it (yet) so i cant really say i like it.

Ridemonkey Forums turning into the new Pinkbike?

July 3, 2010, 7:36 p.m.

Good for Mike, but he certainly didn't "create" it like it says in that vid.

Woooo, it's a new trick because it's on a mountain bike! Nevermind that it got done ON A QUARTER like 4 years ago, and a bunch of times since. :rolleyes:

please don't bring yet another thread down with your pessimism , thanks :)

nobody is this dumb.

July 3, 2010, 8:52 p.m.

please don't bring yet another thread down with your pessimism , thanks :)

WOooooooo THINK POSITIVE! Give Paul B a 10/10 for an unlanded flipwhip attempt at Sea Otter! It's Mountain Biking, so it's the thought that counts!

July 4, 2010, 7:14 p.m.

lol ron, work on your delivery dude.. sarcastic wanker.
however, he does kinda sorta just a tiny little bit have a point.. but he just can't see past his nose on this subject.
this trick has been bagged already, just not on a mountain bike (thats been documented?).. and for mike to work on and figure out the technique and timing that is put into a trick like this? is much appreciated both as a rider and a spectator.
there are a few different influences in the sport of mtbing.. some mtber's look at FMX.. some look at BMX … we are in the middle of these two sports i feel.. and its only natural we draw inspiration from one or the other.
why all this bitching Ron? yeah you have a point.. but you're also missing the full picture by finding fault in the frame it sits inside, no ones perfect..

Freeride, Its whats for dinner

www.thevishfiles.com
www.ninjai.com
www.karmakula.com

July 4, 2010, 9:42 p.m.

Antagonist anyone?………………

Shed head!

July 5, 2010, 12:57 a.m.

lol ron, work on your delivery dude.. sarcastic wanker.
however, he does kinda sorta just a tiny little bit have a point.. but he just can't see past his nose on this subject.
this trick has been bagged already, just not on a mountain bike (thats been documented?).. and for mike to work on and figure out the technique and timing that is put into a trick like this? is much appreciated both as a rider and a spectator.
there are a few different influences in the sport of mtbing.. some mtber's look at FMX.. some look at BMX … we are in the middle of these two sports i feel.. and its only natural we draw inspiration from one or the other.
why all this bitching Ron? yeah you have a point.. but you're also missing the full picture by finding fault in the frame it sits inside, no ones perfect..

To be fair the fault is with the industry and the filmers and their description, not with Mike; he pushes it pretty fucking hard and good for him. BUT, the trick is burly enough as it is without being a world's first, so we don't need to sell it as such. Nobody "created" tailwhips on mountain bikes, or backflips…

July 5, 2010, 1:34 a.m.

To be fair the fault is with the industry and the filmers and their description, not with Mike; he pushes it pretty fucking hard and good for him. BUT, the trick is burly enough as it is without being a world's first, so we don't need to sell it as such. Nobody "created" tailwhips on mountain bikes, or backflips…

ride your bike.

in the mountains, preferably.

while your sitten at your desk im banging laps.

July 5, 2010, 6:42 a.m.

It's like in High school, you guys remember? …..at the end of the day not anyone I know of listened to this one particular student any longer, not the teachers and not the students, and the chicks did not either - so basically it is just a matter of time.

Oh, and sick trick.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

July 6, 2010, 4:21 p.m.

ride your bike.

in the mountains, preferably.

…without a helmet.

July 6, 2010, 5:02 p.m.

…without a helmet.

At this point L Ron hitting his head would likely be an improvement.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.