mike aitken

Oct. 8, 2008, 6:05 p.m.

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/23497/ another vid, sick but not so good quality.

I <3 Chubey!!

Oct. 8, 2008, 8:37 p.m.

thats just his electronicl section

…wyper…

Oct. 10, 2008, 12:30 a.m.

isn't he in the hospital in critical condtion now from a over rotated 360?

Just because I like boys doesn't mean I want to go out with Mike.

Oct. 10, 2008, 9:10 a.m.

isn't he in the hospital in critical condtion now from a over rotated 360?

yes, yes he is. He wasn't wearing a helmet. I'm not saying that in an offensive way or anything, this isn't a time to get upset with Aitken for not wearing one. We need to hope that he makes a good recovery.

It's crazy to realize that he was just having a chill sesh with his friends at some trails. Basically, you never know when you can just make one wierd mistake and end up like Mike. First you're just having a fun time with your friends at the skatepark, not even pushing it, and then you're in critical condition at the hospital. I know that's not hwat happened to Mike, but I'm just sayin; be careful guys haha

http://www.whistlermountainbike.com
http://www.motionmtb.com/

Oct. 10, 2008, 11:13 a.m.

ya bro it is scary! he can not move his right side, and he is being fead by a tube. scary scary stuff.

…wyper…

Oct. 10, 2008, 10:48 p.m.

perfect example, that even a dirt lid can help a lot more than hair can….

JDM POWER!

Oct. 11, 2008, 4:25 p.m.

jessus couldnt even make a nac look good man

Kids like you are why the bike riding scene sucks. Go do a goofy looking table.

This is your birthday pony.

Oct. 11, 2008, 5:04 p.m.

Kids like you are why the bike riding scene sucks. Go do a goofy looking table.

prozak. consider it.

Just because I like boys doesn't mean I want to go out with Mike.

Oct. 12, 2008, 2:47 a.m.

UPDATE:

Mike is starting to take the first few steps down the long road to recovery. He has begun to respond to his wife Trista's voice today, shifting and moving his arms and legs (especially responding to laughter).

Mike is still in a coma, but the fog is starting to lift. Trista was able to explain to Mike what happened and Mike moved each arm and leg to make sure for himself that he's ok. He also made an attempt to give Trista a hug and tried to open his eyes when asked.

He was moved from the ICU to the Intermediate Critical Care Unit. Once in his new room, his pain killers had worn off some and he tried to remove his tracheostomy tube. When the nurse tried to stop him, he faught her off. While this is great news, his condition is still critical and we've been reminded that this is just the beginning of a journey that could take years.

Mike has received an outpouring of love and support from around the world. We would like to thank each of you, as your posts have been a source of comfort to the family. We would also like you to know that we've been reading these posts to Mike, your good thoughts are getting through to him, and we feel that they will contribute a great deal to his recovery.

The Aitken family would also like to extend a special thanks to Rob-O, Chris Bennett, Keith Mulligan, Brian Foster, Stu, and Philly local J for being here for Mike and the family. We would also like to thank Chelsea Wilkes for her loving support ,Chase Hawk and the crew who helped save Mike's life by bringing him to the hospital, as well as the St. Luke's hospital staff.

We would also like to thank Fuzzy Hall, Eddie [HTML_REMOVED] Lorie Buckley, Heath Pinter, Mike Szczesny, Elf, Erin Cook [HTML_REMOVED] the ARF and the rest of the crew fighting for Mike's cause and sending their loving support from back home

http://www.mikeaitken.com

www.ryanrose.ca

Yeah?

Oct. 12, 2008, 10:09 a.m.

i still can't believe this