MEC Bikefest Photo Clinic Contest

June 9, 2014, 3:29 p.m.

This past weekend at Reuben Krabbe was at MEC Bikefest North Shore to incorperate a new and informative sports photography clinic. He took a small number of aspiring photographers to a few different trail setups nearby Inter River Park. Stephen Matthews and Max Berkowitz served as rider models for the clinic. Reuben took us through angles, lighting, etc to take our photography to the next level. I found that my focus was drawn to how the other photographers worked to get their shots..take this one for example:

As part of this exciting event, I'm eligible to win a $100 MEC gift card, for getting a lot of likes on Instagram. Want to see some of the other photos from other photographers? Search for #mecphotoclinic on Instagram.

Click here to "like" my photos, if you are so inclined. Please, please, VOTE FOR ME! A vote for me is a vote for world peace and the cure to constipation.

For those of you not on Instagram, chime in here and let me know which is your favourite..one thing to note is that Instagram forces me to crop my shots into 3:2, from their native 16:9 which makes it hard to get proper composition..it really changes the shot, like in #1 below. You can't even see Ash in the frame, which to me is what the photo is all about.

Shot#1:

Shot#2:

Shot#3:

Shot#4:

My Flickr gallery has all of the shots that I took..Maybe your favourite is in here instead..either way, let me know what you think!

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

June 9, 2014, 10:19 p.m.

Save the photo to your phone, then screenshot the photo in the photos app so that you get a white border and the whole photo like in this Instagram post. Sometimes the "important" bits fit in the whole Instagram crop like so.

Personally I like shot #2

:japan:

June 10, 2014, 1:10 p.m.

I rode through the clinic on Sunday and was very disappointed, despite trying to style it out, that my riding didn't generate a flurry of flashes. More a collective "meh".

June 10, 2014, 1:24 p.m.

Save the photo to your phone, then screenshot the photo in the photos app

Personally I like shot #2

Kaz that's fucking genius!

Also a vote for #2.

flickr