Life Cycles movie opinions

Dec. 28, 2010, 11:28 p.m.

ha ha, this thread is full of fun. I have not seen it yet. Art is subjective some like some don't. :coo:

What did i learn today from reading this? Art is not appreciated by all in the same way. That and Vegas wants to ass rape Hypa at the Water Shed in delta:kiss:. That made me lol.:crazy:

Life is like riding a bicycle – in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

A. Einstein

Dec. 29, 2010, 12:46 a.m.

Hmmmm, who cast the first stone. Don't prancy round like you're all class flyboy.
Pissing in the wind only gets you wet…

mind your own business flashdance

Bahahaha, really earning the "baby" part of your name. Calm down there trigger.

Me. Car/Web Work. Twitter. FFFFound.

Dec. 29, 2010, 3:16 a.m.

I guess Life Cycles is a serious matter now. Kinda like making fun of religion.

Mountain Biking IS serious business, remember?

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 1, 2011, 11:55 p.m.

Just bought it off iTunes, I really liked the movie. Thought the narration was a little corny but I enjoyed seeing the artsy and scenic shots. I did get a bit tired of all the slo-mo though, I wish they had a segment in there with no slo-mo to change things up.

All in all: 9/10 imo

Jan. 2, 2011, 6:33 p.m.

he is stoked because he is a rider and sees sweet riding.

i don't know if you need an adrenaline soaked buttplug firmly inserted in your ass at all times, have something to prove to the internet, or just lack the simple ability to take a fucking mountain bike movie for what it is (a fucking mountain bike movie)

they clearly had a VERY specific idea in mind when they made this movie. it doesn't jive with your tastes? so fucking what? don't watch it.

it is a badass movie with badass riding with badass cinematography. and if you say otherwise you are completely wrong.

Hypa always has his shit-covered foot in his mouth, and apparently he's got a butt plug too? Heehee……..Ooooohhh neg rep hypa? You gonna cry now?

Shed head!

Feb. 12, 2011, 5:37 a.m.

I just finished watching it. Above all, Riley's segment is just awesome. My general opinion: The stoke I got is different from the one I got from Digger's last Digg…..but stoked nevertheless.

Actually so stoked that I go out for a ride now.

STOKED.

- Kristen Ulmer

Feb. 12, 2011, 11:17 p.m.

overhyped. that about sums it up in a word not listed in the dictionary.

I thought it failed to represent what it was trying to be. 2 styles of riding… boring.

Too much slow-mo, WAY too much slow-mo.

1/10.

Feb. 12, 2011, 11:42 p.m.

Well I watched it.

It seemed really good, if it was some kids filmography art project.

Overall I think the effects just masked pretty meh footage. Didn't really get much stoke at all from it. I found the "finally" series on dirt tv to be much better viewing. Everything about Life Cycles was way oversold and cheesy. Between time lapses and slow mo there really wasn't much left.

Feb. 13, 2011, 12:04 a.m.

I think it would have been better with more car chases and explosions, perhaps if directed by Michael Bay. Actually it should have been exactly like NWD 10, only better, and instead of slow motion, they should have used footage of the space shuttle taking off.

www.travelswithtyler.com

Feb. 13, 2011, 4:45 a.m.

Apparently, most of you misunderstood the idea behind the movie - they explicitly have stated in the trailer that Life Cycles is not a bike movie but a movie about a bike, and in a way about the cycles of life, or that life (like a bike) moves/gets moved in cycles, cyclical so to speak.
There is more to it than what some of you are (apparently) able to see or want to see. Ok, it is corny, cheesy even - but so what?

Sell it on craigslist or delete the download and be happy. Have a nice day, I am right now busy preparing my stuff to go out for a ride.

- Kristen Ulmer

Feb. 13, 2011, 11:38 a.m.

That was kind of my point. People are upset because it's not another type of movie and not enjoying it or accepting it for what it is. I've already said that I think it's the best mountain bike movie I've ever watched, but to each their own.

www.travelswithtyler.com

Feb. 13, 2011, 12:28 p.m.

I just watched it last week and really enjoyed it. The cinematography was outstanding. My only complaint was that it ended too soon.

Feb. 13, 2011, 12:40 p.m.

I just watched it last week and really enjoyed it. The cinematography was outstanding. My only complaint was that it ended too soon.

My feelings exactly.

I have watched it twice so far and would happily watch it again.

>>---------> (x)
My flickr

Feb. 13, 2011, 1:01 p.m.

I didn't lose that much sleep over it. Just gave it a watch and shared my opinion.

If they were going for that cycle of life and life of a cycle thing well I think it was just super corny and pretty weak. It was a mix between a terrible documentary, a mediocre biking movie, and a cool art project.