lafarge

Dec. 9, 2009, 8:48 p.m.

i was saddened as i walked by lafarge today to see this…

first of big set

former 3rd hip in bigset

former 4th hip and berm

just gotta bring the big jumps into the woods i guess. sad to see lots of our hard work dissapear though.

kevan

Also, some people like skinnies. What better way to teach rear-wheel awareness - of which there is precious little around here? Besides, give it 5 years, and theyll be retro-chic again.

Dec. 9, 2009, 8:56 p.m.

What a mess!

I can see what the cites intentions were by filling in the gaps on the largest jumps, but what they dont realize is theyre just going to attract more noobs to attempt them and potentially kill themselves.

Dec. 9, 2009, 9:02 p.m.

wtf thats sooo gay!!!!! lafarge is officially ruined

Dec. 9, 2009, 9:20 p.m.

Why in the hell would they table a jump like that. I'm hoping they get someone who actually knows what theyre doing to get a good rebuild going.

vimeo
Flickr

Dec. 9, 2009, 10:11 p.m.

this might explain things a bit.
http://www.pipelinebikepark.com/index.php?categoryid=8[HTML_REMOVED]p2_articleid=47

from what i understand, the city is concerned about liability (what else is new).

Dec. 9, 2009, 11:49 p.m.

):

Flickr Vimeo
Media
MotionMTB

Dec. 10, 2009, 12:16 a.m.

well i wont be riding there any more just another city park that no one over that age of 12 can ride. City parks are suppose to appeal to everyone's skill levels, but they are all built for beginners and intermediates. Dont get me wrong I think it is awesome that kids have a place to go ride and learn. but city parks should have at least some options for advanced rider. for example take the new bike park in kelowna, it has everything from small beginner tables to bi advanced hips and gaps. there is something there for everyone. just my opinion, I'm just choked that the city came and took the last public place I like to ride away.

Edit:
I like how pipeline said jumps in the trees will be left, (fourth hip, and berm) and there is a picture of it plowed…..

…wyper…

Dec. 10, 2009, 12:44 a.m.

booo! so much for my lafarge trip

Dec. 10, 2009, 6:58 a.m.

"If you have any questions, comments, or would like to help build the future of the park, please don't hesitate to drop us a line here at [email protected] or contact Dave Palidwor from the City of Coquitlam @ 927-3546"

Dec. 10, 2009, 1:05 p.m.

broken

Dec. 10, 2009, 4:46 p.m.

well i wont be riding there any more just another city park that no one over that age of 12 can ride. City parks are suppose to appeal to everyone's skill levels, but they are all built for beginners and intermediates. Dont get me wrong I think it is awesome that kids have a place to go ride and learn. but city parks should have at least some options for advanced rider. for example take the new bike park in kelowna, it has everything from small beginner tables to bi advanced hips and gaps. there is something there for everyone. just my opinion, I'm just choked that the city came and took the last public place I like to ride away.

Edit:
I like how pipeline said jumps in the trees will be left, (fourth hip, and berm) and there is a picture of it plowed…..

from the very beginning there was never supposed to be anything in the woods and we knew that when we built the berm…it was there for like 3 years though

Dec. 10, 2009, 5:06 p.m.

^^^wow, thats an honest statement that shows appreciation and understanding.

Who woulda thunk it coming from that skinned coyote with the flashy fur???

Who is this undertaker cat? What makes a sketchy bmxer toast the coast at Ardumm?

oops derail…..sorry…

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

Dec. 10, 2009, 5:21 p.m.

when we rebulit the big set we knew that there wasnt suppose to be a jump in the forest from former warning so we built a berm and it seemed fine with the city for a long time. i think it was the hip being too close to the fence/ walkway that really got notice, however there has been a hip there for at least 4 years… we will most likely be spending some time working there to keep the jumps maintained and keep them the same feel as they use to however if the lips get rolled and they turn to into garbage (most likely) then my time as well as the other builders that worked on the rebuild will be taking their efforts elsewhere.

Also, some people like skinnies. What better way to teach rear-wheel awareness - of which there is precious little around here? Besides, give it 5 years, and theyll be retro-chic again.

Dec. 11, 2009, 2:27 a.m.

when we rebulit the big set we knew that there wasnt suppose to be a jump in the forest from former warning so we built a berm and it seemed fine with the city for a long time. i think it was the hip being too close to the fence/ walkway that really got notice, however there has been a hip there for at least 4 years… we will most likely be spending some time working there to keep the jumps maintained and keep them the same feel as they use to however if the lips get rolled and they turn to into garbage (most likely) then my time as well as the other builders that worked on the rebuild will be taking their efforts elsewhere.

Is there a possibility of making a small gap to the table at least to try to eliminate rolling? or is that too much of a hazard?

I mean something that dips to make it not rollable but still caseable for those trying to get the cojones to clear it.

Dec. 11, 2009, 9:32 a.m.

Is there a possibility of making a small gap to the table at least to try to eliminate rolling? or is that too much of a hazard?

I mean something that dips to make it not rollable but still caseable for those trying to get the cojones to clear it.

Having a table at all on that jump is a horrible decision. To hit it properly, you nose in… kids trying to hit it right and feeling like they can come up short is probably going to add alot more injuries than before. Somebody wasn't thinking.

vimeo
Flickr