It’s basically done. (2007 turner dhr)

March 29, 2007, 10:54 p.m.

^ I'm not going to even start. Cause I'll be banzored again.

Sober

March 29, 2007, 10:57 p.m.

^ I'm not going to even start. Cause I'll be banzored again.

???

Start with what? (I dont know why im asking, cuz you already said you wont "start" )

I just dont get it.

thinkin bout bikes

March 29, 2007, 11 p.m.

Every thread on this forum is turning into a shitshow haha.

Would you get a paint of your choice on that ATB?

oh hai!

March 29, 2007, 11:48 p.m.

i'm going with "rep box green"

April 12, 2007, 12:01 a.m.

HAWT!!!

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

April 12, 2007, 7:48 a.m.

whoa! is that a custom frame you designed? and put together? What did software did you use to design it? How do you get the right thickness you want? Single pivot? Sweeet!

is this guy serious?

i sure hope not….for his sake, at least…

"i'll be on the grind 'til it all collapse / and if its mine; word is bond / i'm-a take it right back"

April 12, 2007, 8:54 a.m.

HAWT!!!

Damn you connor, for making me re-think my grand scheme for bike acquisitions!

is this guy serious?

Why not? Look at the pic, it's obviously taken from a design area of some sort, and considering there's no badge in the images it's not unreasonable to think that it's designed by ATB.

The "(2007 turner dhr)" in the title was added after the fact.

iforonewelcome.com

April 12, 2007, 9:16 a.m.

Dave Turner doesn't F around. He is Serious Business.. ~$2500 US, pretty fair for a full on race bike. I love my older one..

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

April 12, 2007, 9:53 a.m.

is this guy serious?

i was serious. under the circumstances it seemed reasonable. i get the impression that there are at least a few engineers around here and coming with a bike design would take a bit of time, but isnt far fetched. once i get my degree, have the time and access to a machine shop id like to give it a try.

April 12, 2007, 10:50 a.m.

Why not? Look at the pic, it's obviously taken from a design area of some sort, and considering there's no badge in the images it's not unreasonable to think that it's designed by ATB.

The "(2007 turner dhr)" in the title was added after the fact.

uhh….?

hahaha, have you EVER seen a Turner DHR before? they haven't changed that much for 2007, gimme a break. if you know someone designing bikes that complicated, professional, and precise, and the only outlet they have is posting it on a bulletin board, let me know! i couldn't imagine someone with the engineering knowledge like that be so simple-minded about how to go about marketing his new frame design.

"i'll be on the grind 'til it all collapse / and if its mine; word is bond / i'm-a take it right back"

April 12, 2007, 11:11 a.m.

uhh….?

hahaha, have you EVER seen a Turner DHR before? they haven't changed that much for 2007, gimme a break. if you know someone designing bikes that complicated, professional, and precise, and the only outlet they have is posting it on a bulletin board, let me know! i couldn't imagine someone with the engineering knowledge like that be so simple-minded about how to go about marketing his new frame design.

OK, top three things to identify a Turner DHR:

1. Rectangular tubes
  2. 1.5" headtube
  3. Massive decals all over the frame proclaiming it to be a DHR from Turner

That pic of the 07 has none of those.

And yes, this BB has had some prototype shots creep on it in the past, it's also had posts from some pretty talented welders showing off their work.

So when someone sees a new frame that they can't identify, be it because it's new or because it's a boutique frame (and this is both), and that person expresses a genuine interest in the elements of design, perhaps posting dick-ish comments isn't the best way to keep the conversation moving.

iforonewelcome.com

April 12, 2007, 11:23 a.m.

I think we're all missing the real point, that this is probably top 3 sickest DH bikes for 07..

I still like the Sunn Radical too..

April 12, 2007, 11:32 a.m.

I think we're all missing the real point, that this is probably top 3 sickest DH bikes for 07..

Too true.

What's the third? Intense Socom? Lapierre DH-230?

iforonewelcome.com

April 12, 2007, 11:34 a.m.

if you know someone designing bikes that complicated, professional, and precise, and the only outlet they have is posting it on a bulletin board, let me know!

atb may not be a genius, but he does play one in the local community theatre group. I have no doubts he could design that bike on his lunch break at work between slagging connor and building shoe lifts so he can finally break the 5'2" barrier.

April 12, 2007, 11:47 a.m.

I think that we are all missing the real point, and that is that atb makes really nice frames.

ESC 4 Life.

I create feelings in people that they themselves don't understand.

"Perhaps it was the Noid who should have avoided me." - Mayor West