heljib, jerryrig, helmet cam

Aug. 21, 2010, 12:03 a.m.

Amazing view from the front…

Try running it with the camera behind?

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Aug. 21, 2010, 12:33 a.m.

Amazing view from the front…

Try running it with the camera behind?

i thought about that, then i figured you'd get a similar angle with someone following behind you.. i'm sure it would be different and pretty cool looking.. but the front view i feel is the shot to focus on.
i added cable Tension to the Rig tonight and got rid of the blue pole, i managed to shave 1 pound in doing so, going to do wind tests (car tows) to see if the wind drag is less without the blue pole.
i was also thinking a neck brace would be an added safety option for filming with this rig.. however, that wont help with the sudden twist in the neck if i were to snag a tree, i can't plan out what and how my neck would twist with a crash like that, all i know is if its pulling my neck one way, i'm going to try and follow where ever it takes me, however, i still believe the pipe clamp or fiberglass will break before this is an option.

Freeride, Its whats for dinner

www.thevishfiles.com
www.ninjai.com
www.karmakula.com

Aug. 23, 2010, 7:21 p.m.

i thought about that, then i figured you'd get a similar angle with someone following behind you.. i'm sure it would be different and pretty cool looking.. but the front view i feel is the shot to focus on.
i added cable Tension to the Rig tonight and got rid of the blue pole, i managed to shave 1 pound in doing so, going to do wind tests (car tows) to see if the wind drag is less without the blue pole.
i was also thinking a neck brace would be an added safety option for filming with this rig.. however, that wont help with the sudden twist in the neck if i were to snag a tree, i can't plan out what and how my neck would twist with a crash like that, all i know is if its pulling my neck one way, i'm going to try and follow where ever it takes me, however, i still believe the pipe clamp or fiberglass will break before this is an option.

Don't just worry about the weight factor, you got to take in count the leverage on the pole vs your neck. I would say save your neck and don't use this thing too often. I second the shoulder brace/harness idea that someone had. It does give a cool perspective though.

I'm the best at being modest !

Aug. 23, 2010, 10:42 p.m.

just mount it to a leatt- should be fine!

j/k- great angle- nice progression!

safety concerns,for sure- put def. has its applications!

while your sitten at your desk im banging laps.

Aug. 23, 2010, 11:09 p.m.

trust me, i don't plan on ride with this regularly, this thing is very hard to ride with. however i definately plan on using it for insert shots in edits.
i'm confused though.. those double back flips and and any flip for that matter done on a bicycle is a safety concern no? given you learn in foam or water first.. Then to dirt.. i don't get how everyone cares? i treat this no different to anything i do on my bike.. i start slow and work my way up, this rig takes getting used to, but can definitely be controlled with some practice.
i appreciate the feed back though, thank you again.

www.thevishfiles.com
www.ninjai.com
www.karmakula.com

Aug. 23, 2010, 11:23 p.m.

Were you the guy who went riding with a baby on his back?

Aug. 23, 2010, 11:50 p.m.

friend of mine asked me the other day why i even still post on here.. i guess it is a waste of time.
yeah that was me, why? i'm running a freeride baby camp school, enroll your baby now and i'll thow in next season half off.

www.thevishfiles.com
www.ninjai.com
www.karmakula.com

Aug. 28, 2010, 9:30 p.m.

sick angle. don't die

Aug. 29, 2010, 2 a.m.

actually it was the baby riding with him strapped to its front.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Aug. 29, 2010, 3:50 a.m.

….i don't get how everyone cares?…… i treat this no different to anything i do on my bike.. i start slow and work my way up, this rig takes getting used to, but can definitely be controlled with some practice.
i appreciate the feed back though, thank you again.

You don't get how everyone cares? Because it's NSMB. That's how/why. There's some foolin' around and some young'uns here…but there are MANY of us with common and experienced sense. Tell your Buddy he doesn't get it.

Crashing…firmly attach a 6-8ft pole to your neck and there is no room for error…NONE. A big fat fuckin' zero.

Be careful.