From The Inside Out

Dec. 5, 2011, 1:46 p.m.

I liked it, there were a few flat parts but I would pick From the Inside Out over Life Cycles anyday.

Can I also say that I love having these movies available on iTunes? Just over $10, I get an HD version of the movie that I can stream to my TV, and have a copy on my iPhone for when work gets boring. I would probably buy more regular movies if they were priced similarly. Movie industry take note!

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

Dec. 5, 2011, 4:45 p.m.

Can I also say that I love having these movies available on iTunes? Just over $10, I get an HD version of the movie that I can stream to my TV, and have a copy on my iPhone for when work gets boring. I would probably buy more regular movies if they were priced similarly. Movie industry take note!

I assume you mean "Bike Movie Industry" because hollywood does this already. Digital copies with DVD/Blu-Ray combo's is pretty much the standard now and if a movie isn't available on iTunes then something is wrong with it. Most Bike Movie's are coming out on iTunes though. A lot are even being re-released on iTunes. Come on Ride to the Hills!!!

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Dec. 5, 2011, 7:30 p.m.

Such a good movie! favorite film since roam

, however, notice the black guys pants don't leave much to the imajination.

Dec. 5, 2011, 9:24 p.m.

I assume you mean "Bike Movie Industry" because hollywood does this already. Digital copies with DVD/Blu-Ray combo's is pretty much the standard now and if a movie isn't available on iTunes then something is wrong with it. Most Bike Movie's are coming out on iTunes though. A lot are even being re-released on iTunes. Come on Ride to the Hills!!!

I'm talking cost. Hollywood movies are still $20+, which I feel is a ripoff for a digital copy.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

Dec. 5, 2011, 11:58 p.m.

purchased this and Porters new 3-minute gaps films on the weekend @ Cove..

havent had a chance to view em yet, but i was glad to help suport those few crews that are still making MTB films in this day n age, and willing to press actual copies instead of just digital versions..

im kinda partial to DH race footage so im gunna guess ill like 3-minute gaps better but until i view both i wont know..

I'll be honest I was pretty underwhelmed overall by 3MG. some good stuff, I really liked Gwin pinning the shit out of things, but thanks to the UCI's wank rules I get the impression it's hard for guys like clay to get a ton of footage to work with.

inside out, I was stoked. powell river was sick, semenuk sick, peeg ok, aggy with some insane steep lines, hopkins with huuuuge jumps, fernie could have ended half way through, shuswap was good, stevie smith has a heinous beard; probably to keep him from going too fast when he's doing SICK two-wheel drifts, kenny smith is insane, and I even like the idea behind the section in the alpine w/ vanderham.

anyway, overall from the inside out is my fave movie in a loooong time.

Check my stuff for sale!

Dec. 6, 2011, 9:22 a.m.

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/231497/

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Dec. 6, 2011, 10:40 a.m.

… Come on Ride to the Hills!!!

That would be AWESOME. But a re-release in a fancy steel-book case with free stickers and some other stuff would be even sicker.

DO IT!!!!!

inside out, I was stoked. powell river was sick, semenuk sick, peeg ok, aggy with some insane steep lines, hopkins with huuuuge jumps, fernie could have ended half way through, shuswap was good, stevie smith has a heinous beard; probably to keep him from going too fast when he's doing SICK two-wheel drifts, kenny smith is insane, and I even like the idea behind the section in the alpine w/ vanderham.

anyway, overall from the inside out is my fave movie in a loooong time.

Just ordered it yesterday - and to be honest I am totally stoked on the one hand, but on the other I am a wee bit apprehensive, you know - simply because the last bike films I bought were not that good. Seasons was the last one I liked.

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/231497/

Unreal yard, and unreal riding.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Dec. 6, 2011, 11:20 a.m.

if memory serves me right the makers of RTTH got sued by Metallica and various other bands for no license over the music used in the film..

basicly it was a cease and desist order.. pretty sure thats why RTTH never made the jump from VHS, yes i still have a copy and its among one of my all time fav. freeride videos.

i could be way off base here to, this info is so old now i dont even remeber where i heard it, haahh

Dec. 6, 2011, 11:30 a.m.

Yep, I think that was the issue. There was a time when the issue got discussed on here.
I still have the copy, but the vcr needs fixing.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Dec. 6, 2011, 5:39 p.m.

RTTH for pulled by it's distrib( FOX..?) after a licensing issue….

Too late, history was made.

One of my only regrets as a rider is how much I dodged Jorli during the shooting of that flick.

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

Dec. 7, 2011, 8:33 a.m.

Yep, I think that was the issue. There was a time when the issue got discussed on here.
I still have the copy, but the vcr needs fixing.

Any movie that gets a comparison to RTTH is on my to-watch list.

My highschool's technology room had a VHS to Digital machine, I snuck in and copied my tape of RTTH before we wore it out. I think it is probably the oldest file I have and one of the most viewed.

Dec. 7, 2011, 8:39 a.m.

Ok so I watched it last night….

First off, let me state that this is the first MTB flick I have sat down to watch on purpose in many moons. I like the CC, and the work they do/have done, props to these guys for gettin er done. Lots of young folks should take note of their dedication and work ethic.

It is amazing in many ways that have been discussed already.

Lets look at what's wrong….

Time lapses. Way too many, overdone feature in almost every movie.

Self-stroking from cini's. Over it.

It's funny how someone else stated that the film did not have the usual gratuitous establishing shots etc……well yes it did.

It also featured waaaaaay more nature channel than any MTB vid should have.

It was short, even the people I watched it with found it repetitive in spots. Pull out all the time lapses, nature shots and fill, and it's a pretty short flick.

Oh, and don't cry the low budget blues for the these boys, ya they were running on a small budget, and work very hard, but there were many expensive things going down in there( thanks to Anthill maybe…?).

No one probably remembers, but CKD took a pretty big hit out of the big flicks that year, and we def didn't spend as much as the CC.

As an ex filmmaker I think it would have been wise to add 5 mins of personality to the flick, and remove 5 mins of "art".

It's really too bad Ambie bailed CKD 2 woulda been banger. Instead the footage was whored out in pieces.

Flame me to bits, but if these guys want to hit the big show, the critiques are far more valuable than the accolades.

All in all. Top Notch. I am a picky bitch. Haha.

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

Dec. 7, 2011, 8:40 a.m.

My highschool's technology room had a VHS to Digital machine, I snuck in and copied my tape of RTTH before we wore it out. I think it is probably the oldest file I have and one of the most viewed.

hmm, I just found mine my old vhs copy, that's a must do.

Dec. 7, 2011, 8:41 a.m.

oh and btw, it's easy to compare to RTTH considering the final seggie is dare I say an homage to RTTH….?

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

Dec. 7, 2011, 9 a.m.

It's really too bad Ambie bailed CKD 2 woulda been banger. Instead the footage was whored out in pieces.

All in all. Top Notch. I am a picky bitch. Haha.

"cough cough" pick the peices and make ur next film ALREADY DAMMIT!!! "cough cough"

you and Mr. J. Levine both i feel left stuff on the table that was worthy of continuing with sequels..

i've said it before but i think a joint effort between you guys would make a steelar film.

:clap: