editing programs?

Jan. 30, 2010, 1:06 a.m.

what programs do you guys use to edit your video ive been playing around with Adobe Premiere pro CS3 but what do you guys use? what do you think is the best? what do you guys like? pretty new to this i got a Flip HD and inspired for xmas lol wondering about editing

Jan. 30, 2010, 1:13 a.m.

I work exclusively with Final Cut Studio at work and home and love it. I would recommend using what ever suits your workflow the best and what you are most proficient with.

Jan. 30, 2010, 1:17 a.m.

I use Sony Vegas Pro 9.0 its pretty good not to difficult to use havnt had any issues with it. I was going to try premiere but heard it was more more for advanced editors ( not me ) so I went with Sony Vegas.

Jan. 30, 2010, 4:32 a.m.

Yeah…I agree with Porkchop…I just installed Sony Vegas a week ago,I'm still playing with it to get used to it…

On Adobe Premiere, I installed and after 3weeks I just gave up on it and got rid off it…to advance for this rookie on video editing…

In the mean time, all my videos I have edited on Movie Maker…not much features but does the work for now…

Carlos Gutierrez
Costa Rica Freeride & Downhill

Jan. 30, 2010, 6 a.m.

I use Final Cut Pro. I have used Premiere Pro, but find FCP to be better. Get good at whatever you have, then move up to something more advanced.

Jan. 30, 2010, 7:22 a.m.

I used Premiere CS3 Pro but it' true about it being way to much program for the basic user. If all you want to do is hack together some basic footage with an audio track over it than there is way easier programs to use. I used to edit for a TV station though and I started using Premiere because it was a lot like what I was used to. Now I've been using Premiere for so many years that I don't know any better.

Jan. 30, 2010, 11:12 a.m.

yeah you can basically get good at any program if you got the time to watch tutorials on youtube

Jan. 30, 2010, 2:18 p.m.

I use Premier CS4, but I think with video programs it's whatever you take the time to learn. I learned premier years ago and have a hard time switching. Vegas was frustrating so I went back.

Feb. 1, 2010, 9:43 p.m.

I have imovie and Premier pro Cs4 but Im having trouble learning to use it.

flickr

Feb. 1, 2010, 10:50 p.m.

I have used vegas, adobe and final cut. Hands down final cut wins, but adobe is very similar. Vegas on the other hand i can not stand the work flow just didnt click with me. If you can get final cut nothing will beat it.

www.thecoastalcrew.com

Feb. 1, 2010, 11 p.m.

Premiere Pro here. It can first seem a little daunting at first, but after a few kicks of the can I've got a pretty good handle on things (transitions, audio, titles, etc.).

Any Premiere Pro/Encoder guys care to comment on why my laptop uses 100% of my CPU and thus encodes H.264 stuff faster than on my quadcore i7 (which only shows about 10-20% CPU utilization)?

Feb. 1, 2010, 11:54 p.m.

Unless I'm a complete dunce and missed it I dont think you said what system you where on a PC or a Mac? Because if your on PC then Final Cut Studio is not an option, but in my opinion it is the best from workflow to creative post production options.
BUT
If you are working on a PC then I would suggest using sony vegas to get your feet wet, really easy to find a pirated version, really easy to install a pirated version and the learning curve to do basic stuff is a lot less steep than Adobe, Final Cut or avid/pinacle.

ps. no matter what you decide on some learning is going to be involved and patience can and probably will be tested at points.

TANGENT
bikegangGANG

Feb. 5, 2010, 9:18 a.m.

Vegas to learn, then move to Adobe.

Feb. 6, 2010, 10:46 a.m.

I learned on Adobe Premiere Pro but my computer sucked and it kept crashing so I switched to Sony Vegas. I used that for a while till I got my new Mac. For the past 3 years I have been using Final Cut and have no thoughts of using anything else. I like Final Cut the most but Premiere Pro is somewhat similar in the layout. I actually like Sony Vegas more than Premiere when I was on a PC though.