Danny Mac - Street trials...unbelievable...just watch it

May 10, 2009, 1:09 p.m.

I'm not sure if he rides big bikes regularly, but I spotted him at the Megavalanche last year hopping around doing tailwhips in the car park - I believe he came top 50 overall which is pretty impressive by almost anyone's standards.

Ryan is the only dude doing it on a real mountain bike though.

Ryan's section in Kranked 6 is kinda cool but in terms of street/trials, why does it matter what bike he rides? It's like saying people should ride the shore on a fully rigid mtb. Why limit yourself?

May 10, 2009, 1:25 p.m.

Ryan's section in Kranked 6 is kinda cool but in terms of street/trials, why does it matter what bike he rides? It's like saying people should ride the shore on a fully rigid mtb. Why limit yourself?

No kidding eh? It's like downhill, everythings evolved very much. Ryan shouldn't limit himself with "mountain bikes". It'd be like Sam Hill riding hardtail down a DH run just because he can. While Ryan's section in Kranked 6 was cool, i think he'll fade if he stops evolving.

May 10, 2009, 6:17 p.m.

If you look at what Martyn Ashton is doing in the UK, he's still fairly popular in the trials world even though he very rarely competes. He does a lot of demos, and runs his bike company but still manages to maintain a high profile even though in terms of riding he's not pushing the envelope as much as some other people (See Danny Mac).

Ryan obviously has his niche doing these super-technical shore-style lines and since he's about the only person doing it to that level, I reckon he'll be around for a while doing his thing. He's sort of forced to limit himself to "mountain bikes" because Norco don't really make a proper trials bike. My impression is that they're not interested in actually supporting trials, they only have a trials rider on the team to do shows and promote the Norco brand to the much wider MTB audience. Kids that see the demo are going to go out and buy a cheap Norco hardtail - They're not going to spank 2-3 grand on a trials bike.

Nice Evolve pun by the way - not sure if that was intentional :P

May 21, 2009, 8:25 a.m.

Hahaha, I just walked past the tree that danny does the flair off, and there was a line of about 8 kids trying to ride up it on their supermarket bikes… classic!

Keith Scott
Banshee Bikes Designer
www.bansheebikes.com
http://bansheebikes.blogspot.com