Crazy steep

Dec. 5, 2018, 8:23 a.m.

https://youtu.be/7mti2aGmQeE

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 10, 2018, 4:31 a.m.

crazy old

Dec. 10, 2018, 8:46 p.m.

Posted by: Sethimus

crazy old

He's gonna get crazy old doing that shit. Dude is nuts.

Dec. 19, 2018, 11:21 p.m.

Jordie is a really nice guy. Actually all of these Rampage types that I’ve met are. 

I can’t help but feel that this ends badly for many of them. Who is to blame? In my opinion, Redbull 

These guys are obviously great riders and they’re trying to make a living riding. They’re not racing so what they’ve turned to is bloodsport. Do the most outrageous stuff you can find on a bike and film it. The audience goes nuts, for about a week at which point they need to up their game to stay in it.

It’s terrible. They’re people. Good people, and they’re being forced down this pathway of self destruction. It’s almost like Cage fighting for f’sakes. The world ooohhh and ahhhhhs and then someone gets hurt and they’re on their own. 

I love wicked riding. I do not agree that riders should be risking their lives to entertain us.

Dec. 20, 2018, 12:36 a.m.

Posted by: Ddean

I love wicked riding. I do not agree that riders should be risking their lives to entertain us.

yeah you have to wonder if the cameras got put away how far would riders push things?

Dec. 20, 2018, 4:48 a.m.

at the end of the day nobody has a gun to their heads. we all make life choices. "these guys are obviously great riders and they're trying to make a living  riding". how about put the bike down and try to make a living doing something else.

Dec. 20, 2018, 7:47 a.m.

Agree with Dean, it is a blood sport. The money up for grabs at the Rampage is laughable. A baseball player who stands in center field and bats three times a game makes that money that in 4 innings. It's all about you tube views to make a living, having to stay relevant or just fade away. In this case he had to split his nutsack open to make a living. Must be bizarre to have to live with that everyday, if I don't push it no one will care.

Last edited by: Brocklanders on Dec. 20, 2018, 7:48 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Dec. 20, 2018, 6:12 p.m.

No one is forcing them to do it.

Red Bull certainly has the money to pay them more.

Baseball players are lucky enough to be good in a sport that pays well.

Look at some of the lines in Rampage, just thinking about Fairclough's line. How badly hurt he could have gotten if it didn't end well?

Lots of differing opinions.

Dec. 20, 2018, 6:56 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

No one is forcing them to do it.

Red Bull certainly has the money to pay them more.

Baseball players are lucky enough to be good in a sport that pays well.

Look at some of the lines in Rampage, just thinking about Fairclough's line. How badly hurt he could have gotten if it didn't end well?

Lots of differing opinions.

well not physical force, but you can't deny that there is pressure there to push the bar possibly beyond their comfort level. 

i can see the day when a pro is going to die in one of these comps when something goes wrong, but i damn well hope it never happens.

Feb. 6, 2019, 10:58 p.m.

Wow! One of the extreme bike stunts I've seen.

Feb. 7, 2019, 4:43 a.m.

Posted by: robern

Bike stunts? Are you Ernie Crist's son?

Feb. 7, 2019, 5:41 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

Posted by: robern

Bike stunts? Are you Ernie Crist's son?

Now that's bringing up a name that is bound to hit a few sore spots.