Crank It Up - Helmet Cam run

Oct. 4, 2006, 9:43 a.m.

Crank it Up don't hurt me..no more.

www.FVMBA.com 

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti-

Oct. 4, 2006, 9:51 a.m.

See, that is why they need more nOOb jump trails. To keep newbs like this off of A-Line.

Who crashes on Crank It Up?

:rolleyes:

Excellent choice of song though.

Got huck?

Oct. 4, 2006, 9:55 a.m.

You must hate me on A line then. Stop me and say Hi if I'm pissing you off kay?

viperfunk.com

Oct. 4, 2006, 9:56 a.m.

That is funny little video. Too bad about the crash. You sure hit a big rock buddy. I am glad to see you got up and rode the rest of the trail.

(Edited so as not to sound like a hater)

Woof Woof

Oct. 4, 2006, 10:16 a.m.

weird how the filmer takes all the small lines on the trail and then rides off the biggest joyride drop?

:wales: :england: :scotland:

Oct. 4, 2006, 10:33 a.m.

Where are the big lines on Crank it Up?

www.FVMBA.com 

-Mario Andretti-

Oct. 4, 2006, 12:32 p.m.

GO FASTER!!! Go as fast as you can, you had no speed into ANY feature, that is the only way to clear tables, especially when making the move to Aline and DM, funny you can hit the big Joyride drop and not clear those tables, as far as the harder lines on Crank it up, look left when coming up the the jumps before the wallrides, hip left to small step up, and right after the first wall(you should be behind it by now) turn right and drop in and mach up the second wall…..

mtbskierdad

Oct. 4, 2006, 12:39 p.m.

Perhaps the one doing the filming was staying behind the lead rider intentionally? This makes the person filming the same speed, or a little slower, than the one they are following.

Not sure why the lead rider is being made fun of for trying to progress and falling…I know I have fallen in the oddest of places.

In fact, I helped pick a guy up while cruising down karate monkey who ate it pretty hard while riding in a straight line. The same guy was rolling down joyride later in the day and aired into the long face under the gondy off that built up ledge thingy.

I caught up with him later in the day and he told me that the first few runs are always terrible for him.

Perhaps the lead rider in this vid is the same way?

The only complaint I have about this vid is the feeling of sea sickness from watching it :)

dear DW,
since you got like a million bucks now, can i borrow $2850 for a Revolt frame?

thanks,
steve

Oct. 4, 2006, 12:53 p.m.

See, that is why they need more nOOb jump trails. To keep newbs like this off of A-Line.

Who crashes on Crank It Up?

:rolleyes:

Excellent choice of song though.

People go there to ride A-line.. If anything you need more tracks like A-line, but aint you got enough!.

And if your complaining about them, then you should be good enough to pass them.

W Homer Cycles
JamsSite

Oct. 4, 2006, 12:56 p.m.

Perhaps the one doing the filming was staying behind the lead rider intentionally?

Hmmm…BINGO!!!!

The only complaint I have about this vid is the feeling of sea sickness from watching it :)

I hear you on the sea-sickness thing. I am still trying to dial in the camera angle and focus point. Still it is fun making these little vids as it just gets me more stoked to ride.

www.FVMBA.com 

-Mario Andretti-

Oct. 4, 2006, 12:57 p.m.

Should the bashing of riders that are "less skilled" than you not be reserved for pinkbike?

06 - Giant Faith2 - New pedals - the ones they put on stock must have been a joke.. i did not laugh

Www.shorerider.com

Oct. 4, 2006, 1:48 p.m.

Yeah whats with the hate on, i thought it was a neat vid and broguht back good memories. You make a dumb crash that hurts but laugh it off later with your buds on the way up for another run.

Good choice in music!

Oct. 4, 2006, 2:02 p.m.

Cool vid…how come the quality gets remarkably better after the crash?

Oct. 4, 2006, 2:08 p.m.

Cool vid…how come the quality gets remarkably better after the crash?

To make a long story short……super cheap helmet camera.

www.FVMBA.com 

-Mario Andretti-

Oct. 4, 2006, 2:12 p.m.

To make a long story short……super cheap helmet camera.

AKA cell phone duct taped to helemt. :P

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"