Before I start printing...

Nov. 24, 2008, 10:25 a.m.

I would delete the 'website' wording, and use the gray for contact@. That way it is still obvious what your website URL is.

I agree. That would look sharp.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
— Sigmund Freud

:canada: :usa:

Nov. 24, 2008, 10:50 a.m.

Yeah computers are tiring.

Nelson, you should just letterpress the thing!

I think you need to draw me a logo ;) You know you wannaaaaa….

Nov. 24, 2008, 4:19 p.m.

I agree with ditching the word website, also the 1 at the start of your phone number looks like an I, which is a bit annoying. I would also rather see the website address separate too and maybe all your contact details stacked vertically.

ie.

phone number
email
website

Just my thoughts, feel free to ignore.

Nov. 24, 2008, 4:52 p.m.

i want to see a cow on there, with a cheesecake coming out of its butt

australia was actually founded by criminals and its original purpose was for england to send over its criminals so the brits wouldnt have to deal with them in England, minding this was over 100 yrs ago.

Nov. 24, 2008, 8:41 p.m.

For the record, I really love the "website" distinction you have with the curled bracket, especially with the gloss on matte.

Me. Car/Web Work. Twitter. FFFFound.

Nov. 24, 2008, 8:49 p.m.

you need a picture of yourself giving the wink and the double gun on your card.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Nov. 24, 2008, 10:37 p.m.

Greatest advice that I ever got from a professional photographer ( Joe McNally) is that it has to catch the eye from across the room and someone accross the room should be able to identify exactly who that is by the look of the card and not by what is printed on it.

I to am a sucker for all black cards with minimal writing on it.
Most people will just type your name into the address bar for your website so I don't think that the website portion on the back needs to be there.
The front is very nice, simple and elegant.
The back needs some work.

What type of photography do you do? Black represents high fashion, high priced style photography and people will be turned off immediately if they sense a high price.
Did you have any other ideas drawn up?
This is all constructive criticism.

Nov. 24, 2008, 11:36 p.m.

I like the design of the card, it's clean and straight to the point. The only problem I can see you might run into is the Parentheses and the words website in a dark gray or screened black. Are you going digital or offset. The Parentheses and website might wash out if it goes digital, you might have to play with the screen percentage to get it right. And if you go offset just make sure you submit your files as grayscale, well same as the digital files too! I've seen this alot in my former life as a prepress slave in a print shop.

Nov. 25, 2008, 7:13 a.m.

I think you need to know what the perpose of the card is as well. You stated earleir it is branding. If that is your goal, I would personally remove the email address and just put the website. People will be able to contact you easily enough from the site and directing people there helps with your brand. I would personally stick with | phone # | Website | in simple minimalist font like the front.

Nov. 25, 2008, 8:16 a.m.

Just another thought, my other half recently had cards made up, she had a number of cards made up with a photo on the front (different photos on different cards) and her details on the back in white on a shocking pink background, certainly stands out and actually looks the bollocks, had them done through Moo and Flickr. Maybe the pink isn't for you, but why not have a variety of your favorite photos on the one side, makes the card a bit more interesting and gives you a talking point when handing them out

Nov. 25, 2008, 10:36 a.m.

Just another thought, my other half recently had cards made up, she had a number of cards made up with a photo on the front (different photos on different cards) and her details on the back in white on a shocking pink background, certainly stands out and actually looks the bollocks, had them done through Moo and Flickr. Maybe the pink isn't for you, but why not have a variety of your favorite photos on the one side, makes the card a bit more interesting and gives you a talking point when handing them out

Too risky. A good card will get someone to look at his whole portfolio, but one with a picture that they happen not to like will turn them away.

Besides, the man shoots for National Geographic, shit's gotta be classy!

Me. Car/Web Work. Twitter. FFFFound.