Oct. 19, 2009, 8:20 p.m.

UBC CYCLING CLUB PRESENTS THE VANCOUVER PREMIERE OF
ROCKSTAR ENERGY'S
BARRED FOR LIFE
A Freeride Mountain Bike Film By
Chain Link Productions
www.chainlinkproductions.com

Tuesday November 3rd
UBC Norman Bouchard Memorial Theatre (The Norm)
6138 Student Union Blvd
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z1

Doors at 8pm
Movie Starts At 9pm
All-Ages Welcome
Tickets $5 for Cycling Club Members $10 for Non-Members
Available From Club Execs, At the Door, West Point Cycles or Dunbar Cycles
note: member discount only available at door or from execs
Facebook Event Page
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=160304991725
Email: [email protected] for info
Cycling Club Facebook Group
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4585501234[HTML_REMOVED]ref=ts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2kSm-6ScgI

https://vimeo.com/2349551

RIDERS:
Cam McCaul
Trond Hansen
Ben Boyko
Steve Romaniuk
Jordie Lunn
Luke Strobel
Trent Kidd
Greg Watts
Andrew Taylor
Geoff Gulevich
Ryder Kasprick
Andreu Lacondeguy
Kyle Hansen

SPONSORS:
Rockstar Energy Drink
Decline Magazine
Downhill Zone
The Halfjell Bike Park
Pinkbike.com

Locations:
Norway
British Columbia- Canada
Alberta- Canada
Utah- USA
Oregon- USA

Oct. 19, 2009, 9:10 p.m.

they really need to start making vids with different riders

Oct. 19, 2009, 10:41 p.m.

awesome, gonna have to check that one out

Oct. 20, 2009, 7:29 a.m.

so going there

Oct. 20, 2009, 9:03 a.m.

sounds like a great way to spend my tuesday if i may say so! :)

Oct. 20, 2009, 10:29 a.m.

Its going to be a sick film, sick time, awesome people, and awesome cause! If anyone wants to contribute to a gear/swag toss shoot me a pm, Im still waiting to hear back from our sponsors as to what we can be giving away.

The event is all ages and we encourage everyone to come. Tuesday is karaoke night at a very close watering hole as well if of age folks get thirsty after the film.

As curtis pointed out, find tickets At the Door, West Point Cycles, Dunbar Cycles, or shoot one of us a PM.

Get stoked…see ya there!

Edit: join the facebook event group for updates as the date gets closer, invite everyone you know!

Oct. 21, 2009, 8:12 p.m.

I went to the club's web address but the page hasn't been updated in almost 10 years. Can anyone tell me how to get in touch w/ or join?

Oct. 21, 2009, 9:33 p.m.

The movie is sick! just got a copy of it….other than the lack of ryder kasprick and overused songs. id recomend go seeing it.

Oct. 21, 2009, 10:41 p.m.

yeah sorry about the page. I'm the new webmaster this year. I just got access to the site today so it will be updated shortly. In the mean time the facebook group for the club is your best bet. We're having a meeting/ride/drink tomorrow night at 6pm. Meeting at room 107b in the SUB.

Oct. 22, 2009, 1:24 a.m.

The movie is sick! just got a copy of it….other than the lack of ryder kasprick and overused songs. id recomend go seeing it.

Where did you buy it?

Oct. 22, 2009, 7:01 a.m.

yeah UBC cycling. so funny, hadn't thought about that club in awhile. I used to be the social rep, like 5 or 6 years ago. Had some great times riding with all those guys. If I was around I'd attend, I'm sure it'll be fun. Good to see there's still people keeping it alive.

Mmmmmmm Sunshine! :rawr:

Oct. 22, 2009, 9:11 a.m.

maaannn….:( we really need to do something like that here…sucks we can't but sure sounds a lot of fun to do it…

Carlos Gutierrez
Costa Rica Freeride & Downhill

Oct. 23, 2009, 12:28 a.m.

i've had my copy for over a week now (steed cycles) and have watched it about 10 times too! great movie but there's no scene selection option for the dvd and for $40…..i thought there'd be that option for sure. so fast forward it is but it does suck if you want to watch one specific rider/scene.

all in all, great riding, great music so you can't go wrong.

Oct. 23, 2009, 1:49 a.m.

i've had my copy for over a week now (steed cycles) and have watched it about 10 times too! great movie but there's no scene selection option for the dvd and for $40…..i thought there'd be that option for sure. so fast forward it is but it does suck if you want to watch one specific rider/scene.

all in all, great riding, great music so you can't go wrong.

This is complete bullshit! The latest Cranked DVD was the same. Seriously, without a word of a lie, I could add chapter markers to a DVD in 5 minutes. As a video professional I find this to be incredibly lazy and just plain cheap.

Who the the hell is authoring these things? Really. For this reason alone I won't buy this DVD, even though it looks beautiful. In fact I'm going to start emailing people but if the producers are anything like the cranked producers, they will ignore me and continue making a substandard product and letting consumers down.

No excuse for this.

Oct. 26, 2009, 2:55 p.m.

That trailer really sucked. Boring, predictable, repetitive. If I didn't think Kyle hansen was the coolest thing since sliced bread, I probably wouldn't of given this the time of day.

yawn