4by4

Jan. 10, 2004, 7:12 p.m.

nice!

Originally posted by ReCkLeSs RiDeR

Good Job Al.:) **

Jan. 10, 2004, 11:05 p.m.

Originally posted by trail worker
**new frame,thing is fucking sick.It rides SO well.38 pounds,feels like a feather.My goal is to get it down to 36lbs though,and still keep it strong enough for the riding i'm doing.Fox propedal shock is dreamy…pedals insanely well.
did i say it rides like a dream?:D
Left side
Left side 2
Front
Right side

Thanks to Ross Nichol(Ruff) for selling me the frame. **

that fork on that bike makes it a 7by4 if you had tha proper fork on that bike it would ride alot better :mullet:

Jan. 11, 2004, 5:58 p.m.

Originally posted by MR T
that fork on that bike makes it a 7by4 if you had tha proper fork on that bike it would ride alot better :mullet:

well then,i guess i had better call it a 4by7 from now on:rolleyes:
For my intended purposes(shore/dh style riding),it rides great.If i was riding DJ and urban on it,then it wouldn't ride so great.
same can be said for the other way around…If i was riding the stock 4 inch fork,how good would that be…really?

Jan. 12, 2004, 7:47 p.m.

Originally posted by Painting_of_Rebelion
wha?? man I love mine, sure you can't just bash over things, but it flows trails like a big DH bike will never be able to…Just watch Kinradie flyin' his on Drop in season 1…I'd say it's up to just about anything as long as you're not looking to race DH…meh, to each their own mate…

Yep, I guess it depends on what we have in mind for DH. When I ride mine at Whistler, I love it….especially a groomed trail like A-line.

Jan. 12, 2004, 7:52 p.m.

:werd:

so a-line is like a realy maintained trail eh? are there more natural like trails? I've got to make the Journey up this summer, I can't wait to ride that park…I've only been drooling over it for the last year or so :lol:

so do you ride the stock set-up? like 4x4…I've not changed anything realy, but I'm looking into a new fork…I love my 4x4 soooooo much…

:scotland:

:trinity: RIP Charles Edward DelaForest…

Born: September 1978 - Murdered May 2005

Gone but not forgotten, I miss you brother. :trinity:

Jan. 12, 2004, 7:53 p.m.

I took it for the first "trail ride" i've been on in ages.Felt really really good on just about everything…it's quite a bit less travel than what my shore had,but i didn't find myself bottoming on anything.bike felt very balanced and the low standover hight was great…i could really get behind the bike on the steeps.
overall it was a fun ride,that's for sure.Can't wait to try it on some bigger stuff,though.

Jan. 12, 2004, 7:56 p.m.

Thats a really smart setup.

Jan. 12, 2004, 8:01 p.m.

Originally posted by Painting_of_Rebelion
**:werd:

so a-line is like a realy maintained trail eh? are there more natural like trails? I've got to make the Journey up this summer, I can't wait to ride that park…I've only been drooling over it for the last year or so :lol:

so do you ride the stock set-up? like 4x4…I've not changed anything realy, but I'm looking into a new fork…I love my 4x4 soooooo much… **

Depends when you go. At times when it gets really dry in the summer, it can get rutted up with braking bumps. For the most part, Whistler does a good job maintaining it. Definitely worth the trip.

I ride a 03 4by. 26/24 with a 5" adjustable psylo (usually at 4 inches). Race Face oversized stem/bar, Kujo tires, King rear hub. Other than that, pretty much stock.

Jan. 13, 2004, 10:08 a.m.

Originally posted by C.C.
**Depends when you go. At times when it gets really dry in the summer, it can get rutted up with braking bumps. For the most part, Whistler does a good job maintaining it. Definitely worth the trip.

I ride a 03 4by. 26/24 with a 5" adjustable psylo (usually at 4 inches). Race Face oversized stem/bar, Kujo tires, King rear hub. Other than that, pretty much stock. **

that is how a 4by4 should be set up

Jan. 14, 2004, 5:18 p.m.

Looks like a great ride. I have a 4x4 as well or should I say 4x6. Sliders up front. Did you say the fox propedal is great? I am having bottoming out problems with my plain vanilla. Can I ask how much you paid for the shock?

4byrider

Jan. 15, 2004, 12:27 p.m.

You finally got it, nice build, the boxxer looks very sharp. Let us know what you think of the converstion when you've done it. My wife likes how here 4by4 works ever since I did the mod on her bike.

"There's a feeling I get when I look to the West"

Jan. 15, 2004, 3:10 p.m.

woah,if i ever get a squishy(which is doubtful) i would buy that exact setup, looks soooooo sweet :thepimp: :thepimp: