2004 Devinci

Aug. 28, 2003, 2:36 p.m.

Originally posted by Pennywise

devinci shattered pelvis

:lol: :lol: :lol:

dh: "stealth"
fr: "compound" (like compound fracture or fortress)
dj:"poop"
xc:
cheapest model: "reasonably quick bike"
mid range : " pretty quick bike"
high end: "very quick bike"
road : "phenix" sp?

(if you choose a name from the sugestions on this board you should send the person some free shwag )

Aug. 28, 2003, 8:47 p.m.

compound and phoenix are dope names 8)

J.M.T

Originally posted by eryn

IH8XC i'll keep you in mind when all the men die, all the goats die and the batteries in my vibrator run out.

Aug. 28, 2003, 9:06 p.m.

"SPEEDLINE"

Sept. 2, 2003, 11:24 p.m.

no doubt the names nned to be changed, but i have the 2004 catalogue, and those are the names they've kept so far. i've ridden the bikes they kick ass, only 2 runs down the whistler DH course, butman was it a good impression. i just think they need to make one race model instead of all freeride models :thepimp:

.:NSTP:.

Sept. 3, 2003, 7:51 p.m.

I just want to know if it will be available as a frame only.

Sept. 5, 2003, 6:07 p.m.

Yes it will be available as frame only.

The frame will come with the following parts:

-Manitou Swinger 6 way rear shock
-Cane Creek double Xc headset
-DT Swiss Hugi FR freehub (150x12mm)
-12mm thru axle compatible with Shimano Saint rear derailleur
-Truvativ Gigapipe DH ISIS bottom bracket (83x128mm)

The frame color will be matte dark gray.

As for the price of the frameset or the bikes, I won't be able to release them until the canadian bike show (Expocycle) is over. I should post the pricing in the week of September 22th.

PS: Thanks everyone for all the feedback on names. Since the comments were not unanymous, we've decided to stick with the current names for the coming year. We will see how things turn out. Thanks again.

Devinci R&D Team

Sept. 6, 2003, 12:36 a.m.

im lovin the poop for the new dj line and i think the wilson sounds good for top dh bike, maybe something like:
the drive
the standard(makes it sound like the bar has been raise:eek: )
the leader
pilot
and lower model co-pilot
the executive

hope you like my names, i love you guys i still have a 2001 magma:thepimp: and i totally think you guys should give out shwag for name chosen haha:cool:

thanx

:canada: :::WANTED:::
used hydraulic disc front, some tires about 2.5 maybe rims pm me

Originally posted by Dirt For Breakfast
religion is a disease

Sept. 6, 2003, 8:10 a.m.

Here's a FAQ about the fact that the new bike doesn't really need a floating disc brake system:

Yes it's true, there's no suspension lock-out cause by braking forces on the new bike (or virtually none). We're not saying that floating disc brake are not good, but they are expensive and more complicated. That's why there's not a lot of bike that come stock with a disc brake floating system.

Here's how a floating system works: it prevents any relative movement between the caliper and the disc as the suspension compress. A floating system use a pefect parallelogram to make the caliper rotate at the same rate as the disc while the suspension is being compressed.

We're using the same idea with our new bike. The floating system is embedded into our suspension to work like a real floating disc brake. While we were designing the suspension, we've calculated the geometry that would minimize the relative movement between the caliper and the disc. Usually manufacturer are designing their suspension and then at the end they place the brake tabs without really considering the effect it will have on the suspension. The way we are setup we have almost no relative movement at a point where riders are not able to really fell any suspension lock-out.

The easiest way to see if a suspension will lock under hard braking is a simple parking lot test. At a stop, stoke the suspension normally, then stoke it while the brakes are fully applied. If the suspension feels stiffer while the brake are applied, it means that you will have suspension lock-out. Depending on the type of suspension design and the caliper position, this effect will be noticeable at different levels. Some design definetly need a floating disc brake.

We like to keep things simple, reliable and affordable. We were able to do the maths for the suspension lock-out, but the real test was with the tests riders. During the field testing we had 8 test riders and they were unanimous about the fact that the bike has no brake lock-out (the engineers would tell you: virtually no brake lock-out).

I hope it answer your question, if it's not clear don't hesitate to tell me. Thanks

Devinci R&D Team

Sept. 6, 2003, 8:20 a.m.

pilot
co-pilot
janitor

J.M.T

Originally posted by eryn

IH8XC i'll keep you in mind when all the men die, all the goats die and the batteries in my vibrator run out.

Sept. 8, 2003, 9:10 p.m.

ya my names are cool:D:D

:canada: :::WANTED:::
used hydraulic disc front, some tires about 2.5 maybe rims pm me

Originally posted by Dirt For Breakfast
religion is a disease

Sept. 9, 2003, 9:30 a.m.

Originally posted by Devinci R[HTML_REMOVED]D
I hope it answer your question, if it's not clear don't hesitate to tell me. Thanks

Thanks for sharing info on your bikes. It means alot to see guys like you, PIP, FOX, DW (ridemonkey) among others…. interacting with riders.
-d

Speed Metal DH-
BANSHEEBIKES.com

Sept. 9, 2003, 8:59 p.m.

I second (or is it third) "compound" - that's a sick name, and I don't want any swag, I just think the world would be a better place with a bike called "The Compound."

Cam

Sept. 10, 2003, 12:28 p.m.

nice I want that frame

Sept. 12, 2003, 2:20 p.m.

New Devinci Freeride Bikes: Pictures and Prices

Devinci Wilson 2004
MSRP $ CAN: 5399.99$ (subject to change)
FRAME SPECIFICATIONS: Freeride Full suspension frame
AVAILABLE SIZES: S, M, L
FORK: Marzocchi 888 R 200mm
REAR SHOCK: Manitou Swinger 6 Way
HEADSET: Cane Creek Double Xc
REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Saint M800 GS
FRONT DERAILLEUR: -
CRANKSET: Truvativ Holzfeller 44T
CHAINGUIDE: E13 SRS chainguide
SHIFTERS: Shimano Deore XT M750
CASSETTE: Shimano HG70 9s 11-32T
CHAIN: Shimano HG73