Zimmerman found not guilty..

July 15, 2013, 5:07 p.m.

Not really.

As a two of us have said, a man stalked and killed child by a firearm after instigating. Perhaps Bettman has it right.

Whats pathetic is this: a white women gets nabbed from a bus stop across from a Police Dept in either Chicago or Detroit and raped mid afternoon. No national news there outcry there..

Peoples sample size is way off base.

That's different. This is about what was done AFTER the shooter was caught.

It's was never brought up in the trial that Zimmerman had phoned 911 about forty times with regards to suspicious people on the premises - everyone of them black. He has also been arrested a couple times on violence related issues.

IMO, the verdict is probably correct based on the trial, but Zimmerman went looking for trouble while carrying a gun and his testimony isn't credible.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 15, 2013, 5:27 p.m.

And then bend over to accept it with a smile.

that's like sending up the bat signal for splinky!

July 15, 2013, 7:23 p.m.

If roles were reversed Trayvon wouldnt get a trial. Cops wouldve shot him

July 15, 2013, 7:38 p.m.

If roles were reversed Trayvon wouldnt get a trial. Cops wouldve shot him

You know it seems to me that any young, black male carrying skittles in front of Zimmerman's house has the right to shoot Zimmerman if he comes out. Pretty strong precedence that just being black and being there can get you killed.

Stand Your Ground must work both ways or does it only work if your not black? What a ridiculous interpretation of a self defence law.

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

July 15, 2013, 9:02 p.m.

Apologies in advance to Lucifer,

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha

July 15, 2013, 9:07 p.m.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha

He was complaining about when I the military nut agreed with with KenN. That the temp in the special section of hell reserved for Hitler and the ilks like Cliffy Olson dropped 75 degrees.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

July 15, 2013, 11:19 p.m.

You know it seems to me that any young, black male carrying skittles in front of Zimmerman's house has the right to shoot Zimmerman if he comes out. Pretty strong precedence that just being black and being there can get you killed.

Pretty strong point. How did the things get to the point where common sense actually seems to justify killing another human being?
So glad my family and I dont have to live in that cesspool down there.

July 16, 2013, 12:26 a.m.

Listened to the interview with one of the jurors. She said the first vote was half not guilty, half guilty.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 16, 2013, 4:11 a.m.

Zimmerman protests in Oakland turn violent; waiter struck in face

So they are trying to protest the idea that Martin was racially profiled for looking like a hoodlum, and the best way to do that is to take to the streets and ransack the city, acting like a pack of hoodlums?

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

July 16, 2013, 4:54 a.m.

[QUOTE=ol' dirty;2765715]The "First World Problem" comment I was referring to is earlier in the thread and has been discussed. Cam's already covered it well and my views line up with his.

The fact that Zimmerman isn't white doesn't negate that this is a race issue.

When you have the nerve to say this…

I can't be bothered to discuss anything more with you.

I feel like throwing out the good old Jerry 'you dont know me' but alas, it appears you take the internet a little to seriously. I dont so much have the nerve to say it seriously, but I do have the balls to joke about it. Because lets face it, nothing is sacred.

Howeever, if you think racism is only a non white problem, then you're right, we shouldnt discuss anything.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

July 16, 2013, 8:25 a.m.

Farmer - what do you expect from Oakland?

for you ohmagerd media suckas

July 16, 2013, 9:51 a.m.

Dearest Zed,

Only considering what directly affects you or those closest to you is what causes nimbyism, family feuds and the sort of small-minded, paranoid thinking that had Zimmerman follow Trayvon in the first place.

I'm straight but I care about gay marriage. I'm white but I care about minority rights. I'm a man but I care about violence against women. I'm Canadian but I care about civil rights all over the world. I am treated fairly in most circumstances but I care about justice for those who are mistreated because they are vulnerable. I got a speeding warning from a cop the other day while someone nearby was apparently smoking a joint - so it stunk of weed as he was talking to me through the window. We were packed for a family vacation and it wasn't clear where the odour was coming from but he didn't search our vehicle. Would a native Canadian receive the same benefit of the doubt? Pretty unlikely.

I applaud you for acting locally. And if you'd prefer not to think globally that's your business - but those who aren't informed beyond who Kanye is fucking or who is leading the NHL points race often vote. They have an impact on those of us who take the time to inform ourselves and talk about issues. Our neighbours to the south are a great example of how an uninformed portion of the populace impacts an entire nation. Ever seen those interviews at Tea Party rallies?

You have the right to inform yourself as you choose - but if you aren't informed about an issue and you comment on it you should expect a backlash. And then bend over to accept it with a smile.

Love you brother!

Nicely said..

July 16, 2013, 9:56 a.m.

The four black men will be found guilty and sentenced to death. They will not be given a permit to return to vigilante justice, profile white people based on their appearance, stalk them, kill them, and be found not guilty again.

July 16, 2013, 10:23 a.m.

And they were arrested as soon as it was determined they were the top suspects. They were not interviewed by the local sheriff and then allowed to walk free.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

July 16, 2013, 10:31 a.m.

This story is very layered and obviously race played a part in both Zimmerman profiling Trayvon and how the police handled the arrest, but for me the most nauseating part of all this is that the court just basically gave the OK to any pussy that wants to goad someone into a fight and then shoot them once they start losing the fight. That is fucked.