Zimmerman found not guilty..

July 14, 2013, 11:34 a.m.

^ you convinced me. I'm not gonna carry a loaded Glock anymore.

July 14, 2013, 11:49 a.m.

if you want to be obtuse that's your perogative. i did say previously though that this issue is a bigger can of worms than what appears on the surface and most people simply aren't willing to invest the time it takes to ask the right questions about their own behaviour in order to start making positive change.

if everybody says "who gives a shit" then we have what we have. if people start saying that certain behaviours aren't acceptable then maybe change can begin to happen.

maybe use a different example - why did you quit smoking? did it have anything to do with the boys?

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

July 14, 2013, 12:10 p.m.

thinking a Canadian can make a difference in a corrupt State over 3500 miles away is completely naive. go armchair quarterback!

Don't go there for holidays. Their economy will suffer.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 14, 2013, 12:17 p.m.

You are comparing quitting smoking to America's 2nd Amendment to Bear Arms? I'll stick to being obtuse.

I stand by what I say - no Canadian will make a difference in this outcome.

July 14, 2013, 12:36 p.m.

You are comparing quitting smoking to America's 2nd Amendment to Bear Arms? I'll stick to being obtuse.

in a way, yes.

indulge me here and answer the questions though.

i will give that immediately yes we're not going to have an impact. but to me that represents what's typically wrong with our way of thinking - if we can't change things right here, right now, then why bother making the effort.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

July 14, 2013, 2:02 p.m.

social attitudes can make a difference.

ever notice that fewer people these days are useing fag, gay and the ever popular "i spelled it ghey so i'm not a bigot" slurs compared to a few years ago? by tolerating such behaviour you make it acceptable.

don't do it because it will make a difference, do it becuase it will make you a better person which in turn may influence someone else to change their behaviour.

And with that thinking comes this delusion that no one is racist at all.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

July 14, 2013, 2:48 p.m.

three cheers for justice.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/19/marissa-alexander-gets-20_n_1530035.html

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

July 14, 2013, 3:19 p.m.

Pretty sure this case goes beyond the 2nd amendment. There is a racial element in this case.

www.ryanrose.ca

Yeah?

July 14, 2013, 4:38 p.m.

three cheers for justice.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/19/marissa-alexander-gets-20_n_1530035.html

A judge threw out Alexander's "stand your ground" self-defense claim, noting that she could have run out of the house to escape her husband but instead got the gun and went back inside. Alexander rejected a plea deal that would have resulted in a three-year prison sentence and chose to go to trial. A jury deliberated 12 minutes before convicting her.

Makes sense to me.

July 14, 2013, 5:01 p.m.

And so it begins, my thoughts are it's gonna get real ugly before it gets better.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/07/new-black-panthers-zimmerman-verdict-means-war/#Sd0VgD2QpLptGxGp.99

Read some of the comments…..

July 14, 2013, 5:15 p.m.

And so it begins, my thoughts are ifs gonna get real ugly before it gets better.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/07/new-black-panthers-zimmerman-verdict-means-war/#Sd0VgD2QpLptGxGp.99

Read some of the comments…..

The comments from your site on this article are just as scary.

July 14, 2013, 5:25 p.m.

The comments from your site on this article are just as scary.

Not my site Cam, just a link to comments made by an idiot that I found online.

Would his words be less hateful if I had found a link from MSNBC?

Hmmm?

July 14, 2013, 5:33 p.m.

Pretty sure this case goes beyond the 2nd amendment. There is a racial element in this case.

Oh - like "I hate this kid beating on my face". I get it.

syncro - here's what you are up against.

July 14, 2013, 5:34 p.m.

A judge threw out Alexander's "stand your ground" self-defense claim, noting that she could have run out of the house to escape her husband but instead got the gun and went back inside. Alexander rejected a plea deal that would have resulted in a three-year prison sentence and chose to go to trial. A jury deliberated 12 minutes before convicting her.

Makes sense to me.

And then if Alexander had done as they say she should have done and her husband decided to kill the 3 children. Well, they would be going after her for not going back in to get them.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

July 14, 2013, 6:08 p.m.