COVID-19

Oct. 18, 2021, 6:41 p.m.

Posted by: three-sheets

Posted by: tungsten

Smithers!??? wtf dudes, I thought you were woke?

https://www.interior-news.com/news/new-covid-19-cases-in-smithers-jump-again-to-73/

Also...  https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1448056966119632898

Less than 1% of the local population.

Only three 6 hour vaccine clinics mid day in the past week.

Churches have been fully open, amongst a population of worshippers reluctant to vaccines/government edicts.

Rural communities that think theyre immune by being isolated, but come into town to shop, drink, hang out...

Saw at least 6 grwon adults in the safeway this evening smugly not wearing masks

Yeah, so im shocked

a buddy who knows the town and specificaly the local christians/ the construction industry ect tells me its very likely much worse than reported becuz covid is not being reported,  " they  " will send one person to be tested so then they know  but they don't report the rest of the sick,

Oct. 19, 2021, 9:33 a.m.

All the small towns have been flouting the rules since the beginning and COVID Classic didn't seem to have the punch to make much of an impact where the population wasn't as dense.  I would talk to friends of mine that still live on the Sunshine Coast and they were just going on as usual having parties and only wearing masks at gun point.  It's not too surprising that a more virulent strain is kicking them in the ass now.

Oct. 20, 2021, 12:35 p.m.

More meta analysis/literature reviews in favour of mask wearing to reduce transmission: 

https://www.pnas.org/content/118/4/e2014564118

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7253999/

Oct. 20, 2021, 2:05 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

the small towns  Sunshine Coast and they were just going on as usual 

Friend went to Kelowna only one of three restaurants wanted to see her vax-port.

Oct. 20, 2021, 5:53 p.m.

establishments can lose their license if they do that ^^ and one already did in Kelowna

you could be a plant if they  don't recognise you so they ask everyone

even if they know you cuz a good customer (dumbass) tried to pull a fast one with someone else's QR

Oct. 25, 2021, 11:12 p.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

Posted by: Adam-West

A few of my friends are finally getting vaxxed but they still somehow think it's just a scam and blah blah blah. Like fuck man it's not hard just get the jab and be fuckin g done with it.

who would want the covid, what exactly could the scam BE ?

I got  an anitvax  family member who plans to ride it out, thinks this is all part of "the great reset" to reduce population some glen beck-like conspiracy theorist they follow yadayada, I just stopped talking to them completely

Depends which covid you get?

Do you get the sniffles covid or do you get the heart disease covid?

Do you get the headache covid or do you get the liver failure covid?

Apparently, you can have it and not even know. I guess thats why they keep reminding us for.. well.. almost forever now.

Oct. 25, 2021, 11:14 p.m.

establishments can lose their license if they do that ^^ and one already did in Kelowna

you could be a plant if they  don't recognise you so they ask everyone

even if they know you cuz a good customer (dumbass) tried to pull a fast one with someone else's QR

You n Serfer should sign up for that. The police sends minor's into pubs to make sure they're checking for ID properly so why not be that guy that you so want to be?

Oct. 26, 2021, 10:05 a.m.

except that I'm vaxed, so can one actually get unvaxed, is that be like becoming a born again virgin, sounds like a job you could do?

In a small town they know everybody, they have heard most of the patrons politics after a few beers, as opposed to the po-lice its the health/ liquor inspectors who will shut them down, they even know which beer the inspector likes, so no body is gets a sit-down beer in this town without a QR code & piece of ID ,

I show mine even tho I don't need to cuz they know me well , its just good public health policy

Last edited by: XXX_er on Oct. 26, 2021, 1:25 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Oct. 26, 2021, 9:55 p.m.

except that I'm vaxed, so can one actually get unvaxed, is that be like becoming a born again virgin, sounds like a job you could do?

In a small town they know everybody, they have heard most of the patrons politics after a few beers, as opposed to the po-lice its the health/ liquor inspectors who will shut them down, they even know which beer the inspector likes, so no body is gets a sit-down beer in this town without a QR code & piece of ID ,

I show mine even tho I don't need to cuz they know me well , its just good public health policy

If they decide we need boosters, then yes, you'll effectively become unvaxed. 

I'm double vaccinated,  it made sense to do it. I'm  not anti Vax by any means, but I'll be looking pretty closely at the rationale for boosters and vaccinating kids before I get a booster or vaccinate my 8 year old... super shitty to even think about...

Oct. 27, 2021, 1:02 a.m.

Well this is interesting

https://rumble.com/vnf2m9-vaxpass-its-really-to-create-an-incentive.html

Oct. 27, 2021, 7:09 a.m.

Posted by: syncro

Well this is obvious

FIFY

Oct. 27, 2021, 8:46 a.m.

Posted by: Kenny

I'm double vaccinated, it made sense to do it. I'm not anti Vax by any means, but I'll be looking pretty closely at the rationale for boosters and vaccinating kids before I get a booster or vaccinate my 8 year old... super shitty to even think about...

https://www.nsnews.com/coronavirus-covid-19-local-news/bc-to-begin-offering-covid-19-booster-shots-to-everyone-in-the-province-4553439

Rationale is that there are a number of datapoints (at least from articles in my feeds over the last few months) indicating that the vaccine's effectiveness wanes over time.  I suppose we shall see whether this becomes an annual booster to maintain effectiveness over time.

Last edited by: Couch_Surfer on Oct. 27, 2021, 8:48 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Oct. 27, 2021, 9:29 a.m.

Posted by: tashi

Well this is obvious

FIFY

Do you think that the sevment of the population that is vaccine hesitant/resistant might not find that objectionable? It plays right into the belief that the govt is lying to us and has something ro hide. It also means that  hardship is being created for businesses for no valid reason. Not seeing that as a bad thing plays right into the anti-covid narrative of govt conspiracy and coercion. Seeing govt deceit and excess control as ok is as bad as thinking thinking it's all a govt lie and some sort of conspiracy. 

This should raise some serious questions for everyone, not just those who are against the government mandates and restrictions.

Oct. 27, 2021, 9:36 a.m.

Posted by: Kenny

I'm double vaccinated, it made sense to do it. I'm not anti Vax by any means, but I'll be looking pretty closely at the rationale for boosters and vaccinating kids before I get a booster or vaccinate my 8 year old... super shitty to even think about...

Out of curiosity, what sort of education or training do you have that you feel qualifies you to assess whether or not you'll need a booster, or whether you should be vaccinating your child?

Last edited by: Schnickelfritz on Oct. 27, 2021, 9:36 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Oct. 27, 2021, 9:58 a.m.

Posted by: tashi

Well this is obvious

FIFY

Do you think that the sevment of the population that is vaccine hesitant/resistant might not find that objectionable? It plays right into the belief that the govt is lying to us and has something ro hide. It also means that  hardship is being created for businesses for no valid reason. Not seeing that as a bad thing plays right into the anti-covid narrative of govt conspiracy and coercion. Seeing govt deceit and excess control as ok is as bad as thinking thinking it's all a govt lie and some sort of conspiracy. 

This should raise some serious questions for everyone, not just those who are against the government mandates and restrictions.

I know it’s working and that people who are being lazy about it are getting their shots. 

I don’t really care what unnecessarily paranoid think, they’re lost causes.