COVID-19

Oct. 14, 2021, 10:08 p.m.

Posted by: three-sheets

5th estate is ripping the lid open on the Canada/China vaccine debacle right now....

What debacle? We still got vaccines in decent time frame and are one the highest vaccinated populations on the planet. Evidence is even beginning to show up that us spreading out the time frame between 1st and 2nd doses has actually been beneficial. Yay Canada.

Our federal failures have far less to do with vaccine procurement and far more to do with mixed messaging and the absolute shit control of the borders - especially airports - when this thing kicked off. Looking back on it all I'd say the feds did fairly well in their response even though it could have been better.

Oct. 15, 2021, 6:20 a.m.

I think he's talking about the Cansino vaccine

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/cansino-deal-canada-nrc-fifth-estate-1.6208241

Oct. 15, 2021, 9:33 a.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

I think he's talking about the Cansino vaccine

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/cansino-deal-canada-nrc-fifth-estate-1.6208241

Yeah I knew that, just saying that in terms of vaccine rollout the failure of that deal didn't really have a large effect on vaccine rollout here at home. From a political standpoint it was a shitshow and just goes to show that China can't be trusted.

Oct. 15, 2021, 6:07 p.m.

Smithers!??? wtf dudes, I thought you were woke?

https://www.interior-news.com/news/new-covid-19-cases-in-smithers-jump-again-to-73/

Also...  https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1448056966119632898

Last edited by: tungsten on Oct. 15, 2021, 10:13 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Oct. 15, 2021, 11:27 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

https://www.interior-news.com/news/new-covid-19-cases-in-smithers-jump-again-to-73/

Also...  https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1448056966119632898

Less than 1% of the local population.

Only three 6 hour vaccine clinics mid day in the past week.

Churches have been fully open, amongst a population of worshippers reluctant to vaccines/government edicts.

Rural communities that think theyre immune by being isolated, but come into town to shop, drink, hang out...

Saw at least 6 grwon adults in the safeway this evening smugly not wearing masks

Yeah, so im shocked

Oct. 16, 2021, 9:10 a.m.

Posted by: RAHrider

While standing in line today, still wearing a mask, I thought about the fact that our vaccines are so good that if everyone got one, covid would go the way of polio. 

This is so frustrating.

It is right?

As I've alluded to I'm everywhere due to my job, from Richmond to West van and I've been in a few lines myself recently. And in elevators, tight hallways, malls, etc. 

What's interesting from my pov is that you can tell who's vaccinated bc they almost all don't wear a mask despite the mandate for everyone to wear one inside. Yes they could be a no vaxxer but most of us are playing by the rules. And I mean all sorts of age groups, from the younger at risk problematic 20 somethings to seniors - a lot of people are shirking the mask mandate.

So even though it's becoming apparent that the vaccine doesn't stop the spread, the vaccinated seem to have either a false sense of security and they don't care to do their part anymore or there's just a yuge double standard that the problem people are the non vaxxed.

Oct. 16, 2021, 9:12 a.m.

Saw at least 6 grwon adults in the safeway this evening smugly not wearing masks

Yeah, so im shocked

Aaaaand was there any Karen's or Ken's shaming them and streaming them /rhetorical 

Lets say no shock here either.

Oct. 16, 2021, 11:08 a.m.

Posted by: tungsten

Also... https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1448056966119632898

https://www.chp.ca/about/leader/

not really, first of all its the bible belt don't ya know, ^^ home of the CHP, they tell me Rods parents were hippies or SFT, maybe he felt the need to rebel, so besides the CHP I think there are 7 or 8 churches in town they are all anti vax, all must meet so no suprise about the big out break at the christian school, I think they closed it at some point duno if its open again?

then you got people who go to camp so they work at site C/ CGL/ Bruce jack and probably some others, lots of work rigs with Alberta plates, so that is a perfect way for the Covid to get around

But to be fair I know local counterculture/ woke types/ vegetable swapping hippies who aren't vaxed, i've seen one of them at a party chugging off a pop bottle full of water cut with the LSD she bought off some sketchy dealer in a bar but no way she is gona take a vax. So those are some good reasons why the vax rates are lower than averageand Covid is getting around

I was talking to an MD at the bike area and asked are things getting better wutup ? She sez no the Covid situ is not getting better, after 18 months people are still not getting it, ferinstance if half a family has covid instead of the whole family quarantining half stays home and the rest keep going to work or school or whatever, she said we will see how things shake out in a couple weeks, that was 2- 3 weeks ago AND ... things got worse

my buddy who owns one of the craft brew tells me about the people whining in general about being denyied service, so they try to sneak in with a doctored QR or trying to get him to rebel against the health edicts, so we nod at one another and go oh yeah that person of course.

He also told me the heath dept was in twice yesturday checking (and becuz they like his beer) so not following the health rules is not a good idea cuz a business could be shut down for the next 3 months until the current edict expires

apparently things are better to the west but pretty suck from here to Alberta

Last edited by: XXX_er on Oct. 16, 2021, 11:34 a.m., edited 6 times in total.
Oct. 16, 2021, 11:32 a.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

then you got people who go to camp so they work at site C/ CGL/ Bruce jack and probably some others, so that is a perfect way for Covid to get around

I bet it's that Derwood character, he's probably been licking door knobs again.

Oct. 16, 2021, 11:49 a.m.

At my work we covid test before we get on ship then again after 5 days and then again after 11 days, also doing daily temp readings and vaccines are mandatory now. 

I think we're doing a pretty good job, I can only think of one positive case in our crew since the start and that was at the very beginning of a dry dock and he got sent off ship in time before anyone else could get it. 

That said I'm realllly tired of the whole thing and just want it to go away. A few of my friends are finally getting vaxxed but they still somehow think it's just a scam and blah blah blah. Like fuck man it's not hard just get the jab and be fuckin g done with it.

Oct. 16, 2021, 12:12 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

Posted by: XXX_er

then you got people who go to camp so they work at site C/ CGL/ Bruce jack and probably some others, so that is a perfect way for Covid to get around

I bet it's that Derwood character, he's probably been licking door knobs again.

I heard he is fully vaxxed as is his family, only goes out for groceries and undergoes the same testing regimen as batman.

That being said, a few close contacts got the vid and i pretty much spent most of september and the first week of october being a hermit.

...and for a big wtf.....4 days to get test results from public health vs. 15 minutes at work.

Last edited by: three-sheets on Oct. 16, 2021, 12:18 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Oct. 16, 2021, 12:49 p.m.

I see the noose tightening on the un-vaxed so I am not sure how the vax hesitant expect this all to shake out ?

They can't go for a beer/ eat in a restaurant/ go to a movie/ fly/ take a boat / take a train/ work at some jobs and that list of jobs is getting bigger so it sounds to me like they can buy food/ fuel/ sit at home with no money coming in ?

I've backed away from a lot of things/ staying lowprofile/ masking/ no telkwa BBQ/ no rodeo/ no fall fair/ some events at the craft brews/ the folk music society wisely canceled

I put 400kms on the new E-bike in septemebr, other than the odd bail its pretty safe

Oct. 16, 2021, 12:55 p.m.

Posted by: Adam-West

A few of my friends are finally getting vaxxed but they still somehow think it's just a scam and blah blah blah. Like fuck man it's not hard just get the jab and be fuckin g done with it.

who would want the covid, what exactly could the scam BE ?

I got  an anitvax  family member who plans to ride it out, thinks this is all part of "the great reset" to reduce population some glen beck-like conspiracy theorist they follow yadayada, I just stopped talking to them completely

Oct. 16, 2021, 1:08 p.m.

I heard he is fully vaxxed ...

I quickly read that and thought you said he is fully waxxed. That wouldn't surprise me at all.

Oct. 16, 2021, 1:45 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

I heard he is fully vaxxed ...

I quickly read that and thought you said he is fully waxxed. That wouldn't surprise me at all.

Well.....that too, but not for his health..