COVID-19

Oct. 5, 2021, 10:47 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

For the ones who are in everyone’s face about it and have pride in their ignorance, Shame. For those who engage in mass protest where it doesn’t belong, shame, for those who won’t get vaccinated because of their dislike for “the man”, shame! 

For those who willingly put others at risk to further their own agenda, SHAME and🖕🖕🖕

And what do you say about all of you who took the vaccine for what amounts to no reason whatsoever while condescendingly shitting all over everyone else?

Because the freaking TV told you to do your part so you did and now you're entitled?

Oct. 5, 2021, 10:48 p.m.

I'd like to start something here:

NoVax'er: people who dont, wont or havent taken the COVID vaccine it.

Anti-Vaxxer: people who are against all vaccine's.

You idiots need to make this distinction.

Oct. 5, 2021, 10:51 p.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

all we have to do is chose to  stop talking to you

then you have to go to that other site you troll at

Aaaaand what other site is that?

And please, do lead the way for the others to stop talking to me because I'm apparently irrestible to you. Try it.

Five e-bux says you cant.

you win

you are smarter than us

blah blah blah

WINNING!

... right?

You owe me 5 e-bux yo.

Oct. 5, 2021, 10:54 p.m.

Posted by: RAHrider

And please, do lead the way for the others to stop talking to me because I'm apparently irrestible to you. Try it.

gauntlet thrown. OK everyone, he asked for it. Don't talk to him anymore.

Ahh but your comprehension is weaker than XXX'er's will since he replied right away, proving my point. And since he failed the bet, right away mind you, then no else gets to follow his old ass into boredom.

Oct. 5, 2021, 10:57 p.m.

just your classic troll, he goes away if you stop talking to him,

if he makes sense maybe you wana give yer head a shake ?

You completely glossed over the fact that he said you make ZERO sense along with the rest of your buds here.

Bidness as usual.

Oct. 5, 2021, 10:59 p.m.

Posted by: RAHrider

gauntlet thrown. OK everyone, he asked for it. Don't talk to him anymore.

So buddy is getting arrogant and has thrown down the gauntlet  whom amongst you can resist his abuse, doesnt think NSMB can live without him ?

You guys are way too serious about this forum stuff. And keep in mind, the gauntlet was thrown down to you; not to any of your underlings. You failed.

Pay up.

Oct. 5, 2021, 11:04 p.m.

So how does everyone feel about (any) medical professional wearing their scrubs outside, on public transit, taking a lunch break or grabbing some java.. etc?

Arent we STILL in the middle the worst pandemic that world has ever known? Dont care if its a dental tech or surgeon, they need to start playing their part.

Oct. 5, 2021, 11:06 p.m.

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

Went for brunch with a friend this morning.  Gotta admit, I like showing my passport at the door knowing that the pro-pandemic crowd aren’t allowed in.  I’ve always liked concierge lounge access at YVR and hotels on vacation, now I get that everywhere.

Did you know the staff doesnt have to be vaccinated to work in a restaurant?

Oct. 6, 2021, 7:31 a.m.

I have no more patience left for that group.

They won’t listen to me, or to you, or to anyone that’s not part of their ‘tribe’.  The right wing has decided (stupidly) that this is an us vs them political issue.  Until they decide that it’s an all of us vs the virus public health issue, nothing will change.  Yelling and shaming won’t help, but it’s a form of catharsis for the rest of us.

Since they’ve made this calculation, they should just hurry up and get infected already.  That’s realistically what they’ve gone with.  I’d just like to see the insurance companies cutting Covid related expenses from policies if people are choosing to go unvaccinated.

What makes their political identity so ridiculous is the fact that if trump had won and been in charge of the "wonderful vaccine, perhaps the greatest vaccine of all time"(spoken in a trump voice), ALL Republicans would have already gotten it and the booster! It is absolutely crazy that the republican leaders have chosen the vaccine developed under the trump government to fight against because Joe is in charge of giving it out.

I think you are right that the unvaccinated will all get covid. I think the health care system has basically realized that vaccinating the last few is near impossible so they are just figuring out how to slow down the spread enough that our Healthcare system can handle the extra sick people. 

In regards to the unvaccinated hockey player who got myopericarditis, that is not uncommon with viral infections. All the scary side effects people are worried about getting from the vaccine, you can also have with the infection + you have an infection. It's weird to me that people are so scared of the vaccine but not the infection.

Oct. 8, 2021, 9:32 p.m.

+ Merck is selling its high-touted new Covid pill Molnupiravir, whose development was federally financed by NIH and the Department of Defense, back to the U.S. government for 40 times what it costs to make.

https://theintercept.com/2021/10/05/covid-pill-drug-pricing-merck-ridgeback/

+ Anti-vaxism is itself a kind of brain-eating virus…A Cumberland, Maryland man murdered his brother and sister-in-law in their Ellicott City home last week because his brother, a local pharmacist, had administered COVID-19 vaccines.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/bs-md-cr-burnham-follow-20211006-srubyenoujenvkd5igalidruwm-story.html

Oct. 9, 2021, 11:28 a.m.

Posted by: KenN

memery

Oct. 9, 2021, 11:35 a.m.

I have no more patience left for that group.

They won’t listen to me, or to you, or to anyone that’s not part of their ‘tribe’.  The right wing has decided (stupidly) that this is an us vs them political issue.  Until they decide that it’s an all of us vs the virus public health issue, nothing will change.  Yelling and shaming won’t help, but it’s a form of catharsis for the rest of us.

Since they’ve made this calculation, they should just hurry up and get infected already.  That’s realistically what they’ve gone with.  I’d just like to see the insurance companies cutting Covid related expenses from policies if people are choosing to go unvaccinated.

Legit question: How can you distinguish somones politicals leanings from their medical views or medical decisions? I know you hate the white right and they seem to be your preferred scapegoat but how does that even come into play when dealing with a world wide pandemic? As for listening to you, in my case, why would I? I dont need to hear that because you're in alignment with the medical industry I'm wrong; just why would I listen to you? You dont listen to me and you sure as shit dont respect me. That extends to all the stupid right wing NoVax'ers too.

Just part of the viscious cycle from situational design. We're supposed to be at each others throats. I recall telling Mic that earlier in this thread. You be falling for it.

Oct. 11, 2021, 3:38 p.m.

While standing in line today, still wearing a mask, I thought about the fact that our vaccines are so good that if everyone got one, covid would go the way of polio. 

This is so frustrating. And its not that they have some sort of real opposition to science or vaccines. In fact most of them have all their vaccines. They also accept everything science/Medicine when they get sick. It is just a small minority holding everyone else hostage. Thank God for the passport. At least I can go have dinner out with my wife. I wonder how long until the unvaccinated get herd immunity from contracting the infection? One more year of this?

Oct. 12, 2021, 12:05 p.m.

I really like this meme for how it succinctly describes how vaccines work at a population level.

https://nsmb.com/forum/attachment/1246/

Oct. 14, 2021, 9:11 p.m.

5th estate is ripping the lid open on the Canada/China vaccine debacle right now....