COVID-19

Sept. 16, 2021, 10:42 p.m.

**Posted by: Couch_Surfer

**... it largely came down to if you had a bachelor degree of some form, you were significantly more likely to understand and accept evolution, and if you only had a high school diploma you were much less likely to understand and accept it. That's on a scientific theory that is essentially proven fact at this point. I have little doubt that on something more complex and unknown such as the specifics around a novel Coronavirus, the percentages of basic understanding are much much worse. But twitter amplifies all opinions and lies spread faster and further than truth.

Such an easy explanation for that. I'll give you the role as the professsor and I'll be the questioning "student" - would you pass me if I denied evolution (but was still in a science based course)? That's rhetorical dont worry. Higher education is where you fine tune your acceptance of the structure.

Sept. 16, 2021, 10:46 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

And this!

edit: COVID - COronavirus Vaccine ID

Last edited by: aShogunNamedMarcus on Sept. 16, 2021, 10:52 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 16, 2021, 10:49 p.m.

Posted by: Madman
-The fuck are we having an election for right now? my subjective take is we're not going to see anything positive out of it.

If voted out, it's an easy out for Tru'doh to disappear back to Cuba.

Sept. 17, 2021, 8:02 a.m.

Pretty much because there are well established laws against that.

Sept. 17, 2021, 9:01 a.m.

Who let the dogs out?

Sept. 17, 2021, 10:11 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Such an easy explanation for that. I'll give you the role as the professsor and I'll be the questioning "student" - would you pass me if I denied evolution (but was still in a science based course)? That's rhetorical dont worry. Higher education is where you fine tune your acceptance of the structure.

Get help.  Science and education isn't out to get you.

Last edited by: Couch_Surfer on Sept. 17, 2021, 10:20 a.m., edited 4 times in total.
Sept. 17, 2021, 10:39 a.m.

Pretty much any professor I've ever met, if you were able to sufficiently demonstrate that Evolution was false, would not only pass you, they would likely nominate you for a Nobel Prize.... which you would probably win. 

This may be news to you, but most scientists get raging hard-ons for disproving 'settled' science.

Sept. 17, 2021, 10:58 a.m.

Sooo anyone keeping up with the Ivermectin tales and Japan or India?

For those who dont want to search it up, Japans Medical Chairman is calling for its widespread use while I think it was Utter Pradash province in India is thanking Ivermectin and claiming to be covid free b/c of it.

Isnt it odd how a parasite medication is working on a novel virus?

More lies.

Sept. 17, 2021, 5:24 p.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

Also not implying xxx'er went to a uni or community College on his own merit.

actualy i didnt need to go cuz based on my ability to booze n cruz, party like a roKstar, fix hotcars, roll a good joint ... I had the lifetime gig at 18

I don't really recommend my method altho it did work for me

YMMV

Betcha I can roll a better one with half the experience as ya.

yeah but then could you actualy fix anything ?

Needed to fix A 66 mustang and tens of thousands of pieces of HW, 

what would your MTTR be ?

shot gun approach to parts usage ?

ability to not stick both feet in your mouth at every turn  which so far doesnt look promising ?

or would the customer be calling your manager and sayin " don't send that asshole back here "

Sept. 18, 2021, 9:46 p.m.

Posted by: RAHrider

This is unfortunately so true. I guess this is a bad time to let people know that contracting viruses can cause cancer? HPV, epstein-barr (aka mono) both have good track records to having long term health consequences for some. No one knows the long term consequences of COVID or the Vaccine. Not sure why they want to risk getting the virus, potentially being hospitalized and any long term consequences of having the virus yet don't want to risk a vaccine?

Because for some of us who are holding out, we basically arent that afraid of this virus.

Maybe its because I dont have cable and have failed to receive my regularly scheduled programming for the past two years?

Good for you for holding out. I hope you are social distancing and wearing a mask and not complaining that people don't want you in their restaurants or yoga studios. Because young healthy people don't get the vaccine for themselves, it's to keep from passing it to other people, people who may not be as lucky as you to have perfect health.

It drives me crazy that people refuse to get a vaccine to help themselves (AND OTHERS) but when they get sick they are willing to take every experimental drug to help themselves.

You are right that you have the right not to get a vaccine, but you had better damn well not act in such a way that you may spread the infection to others. Our ICUs in BC are at their limit due to COVID patients, over 90% of whom, like you are not vaccinated. I'm starting to think a proportion of the unvaccinated people are just selfish. There are those that can't get the vaccine for very good reasons but for those that have no reason, they won't take a risk (on a vaccone) to help their community but when it is to help them fight the covid infection they caught, DO EVERYTHING!!!!

It's clear that a proportion of the unvaccinated are not protecting themselves or others because they are filling up the hospitals.

Last edited by: RAHrider on Sept. 18, 2021, 10:15 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 19, 2021, 8:29 a.m.

I was at one of the craft brews and a Karen came in trying convince the owner to not check for Vax and come to a protest, he told Karen they intend to do whatever food and beverage tells them to do which means checking for vax

i went for a beer yesturday to a different establishment, they scanned the code off my phone with the cash register which went into the DB, checked for my vax info, quick n easy I gave the owner a thumbs up

apparently the unvaxed will not be able to do a lot of things

Medical bro tells me the vax hesitant who are now caving in are pissed at the staff giving out the vax, fuck them eh

A friend was hurt in a car accident, becuz the town is a covid hotspot she is being transfered to a hospitol 4 hrs away in prince rupert where they had a 85% vax rate early on ... not fair

Last edited by: XXX_er on Sept. 19, 2021, 8:30 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 19, 2021, 5:49 p.m.

I was at one of the craft brews and a Karen came in trying convince the owner to not check for Vax and come to a protest, he told Karen they intend to do whatever food and beverage tells them to do which means checking for vax

i went for a beer yesturday to a different establishment, they scanned the code off my phone with the cash register which went into the DB, checked for my vax info, quick n easy I gave the owner a thumbs up

Medical bro tells me the vax hesitant who are now caving in are pissed at the staff giving out the vax, fuck them eh

A friend was hurt in a car accident, becuz the town is a covid hotspot she is being transfered to a hospitol 4 hrs away in prince rupert where they had a 85% vax rate early on ... not fair

Sucks about uour friend. They aren't really talking about the full hospitals and icus on the news. I think it's because being open is actually pretty safe for the vaccinated and they don't want to freak people out about being open. I also think they are hoping that because so many are vaccinated they will hit a plateau instead of continuing to sharply increase. Let's be honest, the only reason we still have to wear masks is to protect the unvaccinated. Remember that idea that syncros (and others) floated to keep the high risk people stay home and let the low risk people just live with covid, the passport basically does this by excluding the unvaccinated. I guess sycro had the right idea all along....

Here is a story about an unvaccinated man who's family begged and pleaded and eventually got him transfered across the country to get ecmo. 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/19/health/florida-man-inspires-covid-vaccinations/index.html

Once again, not willing to take a small risk to help his neighbours but when it helps him, do everything. Could you imagine being someone waiting for three years for a lung transplant and now every dying unvaxinated patient wants the lungs, ventilator, ecmo that you need for your non preventable, non covid lung disease?

Sept. 19, 2021, 8:26 p.m.

Posted by: RAHrider

Sucks about uour friend. They aren't really talking about the full hospitals and icus on the news. I think it's because being open is actually pretty safe for the vaccinated and they don't want to freak people out about being open. I also think they are hoping that because so many are vaccinated they will hit a plateau instead of continuing to sharply increase. Let's be honest, the only reason we still have to wear masks is to protect the unvaccinated. Remember that idea that syncros (and others) floated to keep the high risk people stay home and let the low risk people just live with covid, the passport basically does this by excluding the unvaccinated. I guess sycro had the right idea all along....

Here is a story about an unvaccinated man who's family begged and pleaded and eventually got him transfered across the country to get ecmo.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/19/health/florida-man-inspires-covid-vaccinations/index.html

Once again, not willing to take a small risk to help his neighbours but when it helps him, do everything. Could you imagine being someone waiting for three years for a lung transplant and now every dying unvaxinated patient wants the lungs, ventilator, ecmo that you need for your non preventable, non covid lung disease?

I think you are wrong, there are still way too many unvaxed,

I am reading about over flowing ICU wards/ canceled non- covid HC/ nurse burnout everywhere in NA including Canada and they are all unvaxed

localy my buddy the nurse sez they have lost patience with the unvaccinated who are clogging up the system

Last edited by: XXX_er on Sept. 19, 2021, 8:28 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 19, 2021, 8:44 p.m.

Do we really want to dine and drink in establishments that don't follow Public Health Orders?  Theres a good chance they aren't following proper Food Safe, WorkSafe and other standards.

Sept. 19, 2021, 8:54 p.m.

Alberta offered the crayon eaters 100$ and got no takers

apparently by withholding bar priveledges  Vax bookings are  WAAAY up