COVID-19

Aug. 24, 2021, 9:55 p.m.

Posted by: KenN

You guys would still find a way to misinterpret mine :P

Aug. 24, 2021, 10:02 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

I've been talking with someone who still has concerns about the long term side effects of the vaccine and this is why they haven't gotten it yet. Of course they get most of their info from alternate sources and don't trust the MSM - which has some validity with certain outlets in the US. They feel that the MSM is suppressing/hiding the "other side" of the story. I've tried to explain to him how some of his concerns aren't valid, or how the sources/documents he's using are flawed. A big thing has been his belief that there are other therapies besides the vaccine that are effective - Ivermectin in particular. But when I explain to him the flaws in the notable Ivermectin study he ignores it. It's now a psychological fight against people who don't trust the government or MSM. He, and others like him cling to the few doctors/scientists that are concerned with the vaccine over the majority that support it. However, I can see why he has doubts and we also have to respect people's autonomy over their own bodies. So I'm ok with the idea of a vaccine card and restrictions that come with it, but the idea of forced or mandated vaccinations in most situations is something that doesn't sit well with me. One area where I'd draw an exception is health care - everyone who works in health care should be vaccinated (unless they have a valid medical reason) and if they don't want to then they should be taking a leave from work until this is all over.

Since when we do we talk ? /sarc

Here's a few for you if you're willing to respond:

- why are we vaccinating during the middle of a pandemic? Thats a no no from everything I read.

- have you ever read or come across information that the medical industry could never develop a vaccine for non sars2 Corona because it naturally mutated too fast?

- have you read or watched anything Dr. Malone has been stating? He's apparently the grand daddy of MRNA vaccines.

- Dr Robert Yeadon (sp?) former chief medical officer or close to it from Pfizer has also been saying stay the eff away for a bad paraphrase.

- have you heard the MSM mention either of those two Dr's other than a possible smear?

Aug. 25, 2021, 1:26 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Here's a few for you if you're willing to respond:

- why are we vaccinating during the middle of a pandemic? Thats a no no from everything I read.

- have you ever read or come across information that the medical industry could never develop a vaccine for non sars2 Corona because it naturally mutated too fast?

- have you read or watched anything Dr. Malone has been stating? He's apparently the grand daddy of MRNA vaccines.

- Dr Robert Yeadon (sp?) former chief medical officer or close to it from Pfizer has also been saying stay the eff away for a bad paraphrase.

- have you heard the MSM mention either of those two Dr's other than a possible smear?

1. So what, we should wait until the virus has finished running wild through the global population, crippled medical systems with the sick and killed who knows how many people before we try to stop it? That sounds like a smart move.

2. No and can't be bothered to look it up based on your history with these things.

3. Not really but have heard of him and have seen snippets that his concerns over the current vax's do not line up with his original theory/research.

4. You mean the same Yeadon that said back in Oct 2020 that "there is no scientific basis for a second wave" yet here we are entering the fourth. Yeah, I think his credibility is finished.

5. I don't pay much attention to American MSM. If I see something I question I investigate it with reliable science based sources that have references to peer reviewed research or well established scientific theory. The vast majority (>75%) of the time stuff like those first four points of yours come up as either false, misleading or misinformation that's basically bullshit and not worth a lot of time looking into. It all usually suffers from people with a healthy does of bias and/or little understanding of science trying to
"stick it to the man" over the pandemic. Conspiracy nonsense.

I was just about to close with saying the Malone thing may have some teeth but can't be bothered to check in light of all the other reputable info that's out there on covid but changed my mind out of idle curiosity and decided to have a quick look instead. Twenty seconds of work led me to why the Malone thing is all pure bullshit. His famous quote from his interview with Steve Bannon (really? that fuckwit?) was based on a botched quote in the USA Today that was corrected later that same day it was first posted. So you're basically coming up all zeroes.

Please don't ask me anything again unless you include credible sources for your info and the basis of your questions. In other words, do some fucking homework before you trot out these bullshit theories.

Edit:

Dude, we are all tired of your constant nonsense links/theories/questions with these things. I will give you some credit and note that your attitude has changed and you're being less purposely confrontational, but things were shit for so long that you have a pretty big hole to extricate yourself from if you want to fit in with this community. Because of your history people are going to scrutinize what you say a lot and cut you very little - if any - slack. Look, we all get a bit buggy from time to time, but usually we work it out with an aim of trying to find the truth. Your main issue is that you post this non-stop stream of bullshit that is fairly easy to repudiate. I can't speak for others, but I've had enough of the coivd thing and want it to be over. Because of that I am now far less inclined to try and talk to people and explain why their posts are flawed. A big part of the reason covid is dragging on is because of the willfully ignorant nitwits who for whatever reason want to prove this covid thing is all wrong and aren't following the guidelines and practices put in place to protect everyone AND get us through this thing quicker. I've gone from wanting to be amenable to now wanting to tell them to take their nonsense and fuck off into a giant hole of fiery death.

Last edited by: syncro on Aug. 25, 2021, 1:41 a.m., edited 2 times in total.
Aug. 25, 2021, 9:22 a.m.

Edit:

Dude, we are all tired of your constant nonsense links/theories/questions with these things. I will give you some credit and note that your attitude has changed and you're being less purposely confrontational, but things were shit for so long that you have a pretty big hole to extricate yourself from if you want to fit in with this community. Because of your history people are going to scrutinize what you say a lot and cut you very little - if any - slack. Look, we all get a bit buggy from time to time, but usually we work it out with an aim of trying to find the truth. Your main issue is that you post this non-stop stream of bullshit that is fairly easy to repudiate. I can't speak for others, but I've had enough of the coivd thing and want it to be over. Because of that I am now far less inclined to try and talk to people and explain why their posts are flawed. A big part of the reason covid is dragging on is because of the willfully ignorant nitwits who for whatever reason want to prove this covid thing is all wrong and aren't following the guidelines and practices put in place to protect everyone AND get us through this thing quicker. I've gone from wanting to be amenable to now wanting to tell them to take their nonsense and fuck off into a giant hole of fiery death.

Hear Hear!

Or just for KenN.... Here Here!

Aug. 25, 2021, 12:07 p.m.

https://thedispatch.com/p/how-misinformation-starts

Aug. 25, 2021, 12:53 p.m.

you ever notice how if you don't respond his name just drops off the page ?

I have

Aug. 25, 2021, 1:48 p.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

you ever notice how if you don't respond his name just drops off the page ?

I have

Yeah, but shogun has made some effort to change the way he interacts (at least I think so anyway), so I think it's fair that we acknowledge that and respond. In that post he asked if I was willing to respond so I thought I would, despite not being overly keen to. Ignoring someone may result in their being quiet, but it won't result in any sort of change or better communication if that's the desired goal. That said, I was purposely blunt with my post as I've made similar comments to him multiple times - on the board and in pm's - so it's not like he isn't aware of what constitutes good discussion on a topic. Simply throwing out random ideas based on misinformation with no reference to where they came from does not constitute good discussion. If things continue to improve more people may respond to his posts, if they don't or go backwards then most people will go back to ignoring what he has to say. Whether someone agrees with that or not, the tribe has spoken in what they feel is the best interests of our little island in the digital world.

Aug. 25, 2021, 2:18 p.m.

well I could agree perhaps we have modified his behavior to some extent, certainly when he just stays the fuck away but don't be under any illusion he is cured, it will be a constant  maintenance thing

Aug. 25, 2021, 5:34 p.m.

Laudable goals synchro but it’s pretty clearly a waste of time. 

Want an attention seeker to straighten up or fuck off?  Stop giving them attention. Easy peasy.

Aug. 26, 2021, 4:53 p.m.

Posted by: tashi

Laudable goals synchro but it’s pretty clearly a waste of time. 

Want an attention seeker to straighten up or fuck off?  Stop giving them attention. Easy peasy.

Do none of you understand tit for tat? May I remind you all that I did inform and borderline warn you fine people that I'd be giving your attitude and style back to you and none of you would like it ( and I wasn't wrong on that).

And trust me on this one: as a former bartender of 15 years, I don't need attention let alone this type from anyone here as thats easily construed as willing self abuse.

Aug. 30, 2021, 10:06 p.m.

1. So what, we should wait until the virus has finished running wild through the global population, crippled medical systems with the sick and killed who knows how many people before we try to stop it? That sounds like a smart move.

2. No and can't be bothered to look it up based on your history with these things.

3. Not really but have heard of him and have seen snippets that his concerns over the current vax's do not line up with his original theory/research.

4. You mean the same Yeadon that said back in Oct 2020 that "there is no scientific basis for a second wave" yet here we are entering the fourth. Yeah, I think his credibility is finished.

5. I don't pay much attention to American MSM. If I see something I question I investigate it with reliable science based sources that have references to peer reviewed research or well established scientific theory. The vast majority (>75%) of the time stuff like those first four points of yours come up as either false, misleading or misinformation that's basically bullshit and not worth a lot of time looking into. It all usually suffers from people with a healthy does of bias and/or little understanding of science trying to "stick it to the man" over the pandemic. Conspiracy nonsense.

I was just about to close with saying the Malone thing may have some teeth but can't be bothered to check in light of all the other reputable info that's out there on covid but changed my mind out of idle curiosity and decided to have a quick look instead. Twenty seconds of work led me to why the Malone thing is all pure bullshit. His famous quote from his interview with Steve Bannon (really? that fuckwit?) was based on a botched quote in the USA Today that was corrected later that same day it was first posted. So you're basically coming up all zeroes.

Please don't ask me anything again unless you include credible sources for your info and the basis of your questions. In other words, do some fucking homework before you trot out these bullshit theories.

1. While no one likes it, that was always an option.
2. No offence taken
3. He's someone along the lines of an important in this saga imo. Considered the inventor of mrna vaccines, I thought you might consider him as a credible source despite you focusing on his more well known publicity.

4. His credibility and his job?

5. See #2

Dont respond if its beneath you sire.

Aug. 30, 2021, 10:10 p.m.

Bacterial Pneumonia Caused Most Deaths in 1918 Influenza Pandemic

Circa 2008, Fauci co-authored that. And a random other link for anyone interested.

Aug. 30, 2021, 11:26 p.m.

Sept. 1, 2021, 8:37 a.m.

https://www.cheknews.ca/ivermectin-sells-out-at-feed-stores-on-vancouver-island-due-to-false-claims-that-it-can-treat-covid-19-876011/

It's a pandemic of the idiotic.

Sept. 1, 2021, 9:53 a.m.