COVID-19

Aug. 3, 2021, 2:06 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

Didn't you have anal sex w/a pig once?

lol - you left yourself wide open for abuse. 

I shall refrain to protect the innocent.

Aug. 3, 2021, 11:33 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

Sorry, I mis-typing all over the place today.

Let me re-phrase - didn't you have anal sex with ham once? In public?

Aug. 4, 2021, 12:20 a.m.

Posted by: syncro

Sorry, I mis-typing all over the place today.

Let me re-phrase - didn't you have anal sex with ham once? In public?

the details are highly exaggerated

Aug. 5, 2021, 11:48 p.m.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2021/08/05/phylogeographic-mapping-of-newly-discovered-coronaviruses-pinpoints-the-direct-progenitor-of-sars-cov-2-as-originating-from-mojiang-china/

Aug. 6, 2021, 8:52 p.m.

Time to shut things down in the Okanagan.  Dumb asses.

Aug. 7, 2021, 10:08 a.m.

Time to shut the border with Alberta. Dumb asses.

Last edited by: tungsten on Aug. 7, 2021, 10:14 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Aug. 8, 2021, 11:18 a.m.

Can someone please tell me why we’re going to start letting the yanks in. To me this is a VERY bad idea, vaxxed or not.

Aug. 8, 2021, 11:31 a.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Can someone please tell me why we’re going to start letting the yanks in. To me this is a VERY bad idea, vaxxed or not.

It's the election, dummy! lol...

Aug. 8, 2021, 1:33 p.m.

Why would it be a problem to let vaccinated travelers cross the border?

Aug. 8, 2021, 3:11 p.m.

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

Because fully vax'd can carry delta ('merica is swimming in it you know that right?) and pass to unsuspecting who may pass to vulnerable and vice versa.

Who knows, maybe the 4th wave down there has already produced the "yanke" varient they don't knows about yet eh?

Aug. 8, 2021, 5 p.m.

Delta variant is already prevalent here in Canada, breakout infections are rare and we have a very high vaccination rate.  

Americans can already fly here.  People crossing would have to show proof of vaccination and present a negative test (from at most 72 hours prior to crossing).

Seems like this is relatively low risk.

....Canada's running genome sequencing tests on all sars2 samples now?

Aug. 8, 2021, 5:02 p.m.

Here's another link regarding updating informed consent.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7645850/

I'm going to guess no one heard about Patrick King in Alberta?

Last edited by: aShogunNamedMarcus on Aug. 8, 2021, 5:04 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Aug. 8, 2021, 5:59 p.m.

Because fully vax'd can carry delta ('merica is swimming in it you know that right?) and pass to unsuspecting who may pass to vulnerable and vice versa.

Who knows, maybe the 4th wave down there has already produced the "yanke" varient they don't knows about yet eh?

Delta variant is already prevalent here in Canada, breakout infections are rare and we have a very high vaccination rate.

Americans can already fly here. People crossing would have to show proof of vaccination and present a negative test (from at most 72 hours prior to crossing).

Aug. 8, 2021, 6:07 p.m.

Americans can already fly here. People crossing would have to show proof of vaccination and present a negative test (from at most 72 hours prior to crossing).

First would be tungsten’s point. Prevalent is not the same as overwhelming as is happening in many southern states again. Secondly, there is no real way to tell if someone has been vaccinated. And has our resident whack job would tell you, testing is not foolproof. Also why aren’t the yanks letting us in?

Last edited by: FLATCH on Aug. 8, 2021, 6:09 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Aug. 8, 2021, 7:08 p.m.

First would be tungsten’s point. Prevalent is not the same as overwhelming as is happening in many southern states again. Secondly, there is no real way to tell if someone has been vaccinated. And has our resident whack job would tell you, testing is not foolproof. Also why aren’t the yanks letting us in?

I’d like to see the numbers on breakout infections in vaccinated people with Delta. My reading is that it’s very small. So if we have a strong vaccination program, this is low risk imho.

There are vaccination records. People will have to provide that evidence. Do you have data on testing error rates?  

All of these things combined still seem to me to be of low risk.  

I think my feeling on this is that the point of getting vaccinated, and of having a strong vaccination program is that we start to re-open and get back to “normal”

Last edited by: Couch_Surfer on Aug. 8, 2021, 7:10 p.m., edited 1 time in total.