COVID-19

July 31, 2021, 8:54 a.m.

Posted by: thaaad

I'm actually a little surprised that the trolling has gone on for over a hundred pages. 

That's a pretty big commitment tbh.

They've been dredging me for years yo.

July 31, 2021, 8:58 a.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

So tell me again how that makes me a liar if it does say the test does not differentiate?

Does a test that only identifies COVID "facilitate detection and differentiation" of COVID and influenza?  To me it sounds like they are recommending a test that will identify both "in preparation for flu season".

As shoreboy said, they have tests for both. Why are they moving away from what they designed specifically a year ago?

July 31, 2021, 9:03 a.m.

Posted by: tashi

Posted by: syncro

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

You can judge me however you like. It doesnt change you cant go by the defined words they used let alone answer a question from me. I throw lots of different questions/angles out to see which you or someone else wants to talk aboot. Basically like choose your own adventure. However, you and a few others choose to make it about me. You fail to conversate. The verbage said both differentiate and facilitate detection btw but that doesnt really matter does it.

Quoted for posterity. I never thought I'd see someone say they can redefine the English language so it says whatever they want it to say.

Pretty sure he’s trying to claim that it’s us (plus the medical and government professionals) that are attempting to redefine words, not that he can do it. 

Bizarre.

You could just ask what I meant? 

I also don't recall saying the whole medical and science community were using the wrong words so please quit misdirecting things.

Aug. 2, 2021, 9:17 a.m.

What are peoples thoughts on a mass vaccincation program in the middle of a pandemic? @ShoreBoy - isnt that a technical no no?

Aug. 2, 2021, 9:37 a.m.

Since I saw a pnas.org article on a previous page, I'll leave this one here for some reading material.

Reverse-transcribed SARS-CoV-2 RNA can integrate into the genome of cultured human cells and can be expressed in patient-derived tissues

Aug. 2, 2021, 9:52 a.m.

Something I've noticed a huge increase of is the amount of police responding to calls that arent emergency based, as in they dont have their lights and sirens on when en route to their destination. Some time after the police arrive, the fire truck or ambulance does.

I've notice this because I quit bartending and drive a truck around delivering stuff. The west end has been busy AF WRT to emergency vehicles since the vax program started but before that, there was nowhere near the amount of emerg vehicles in or around the west end (not even close).

This happened during past heat wave we had as well. Police would show up well before the Ambulance could. This might be a logical fallacy of 2+2 = Shoguns math but I dont think its anecdotal.

Aug. 2, 2021, 10:15 a.m.

I lived in the west end (Haro and Chilco) for about 7 years and there were fire trucks, police cars and ambulances responding without sirens in our neighborhood and on our block every day. 

There are a ton of older folks living in the apartments down there and the care services are constantly down there. 

Anecdotal info the same as yours, and I haven't been down there for about a year but there were definitely loads of emergency services in that area before the pandemic.

Aug. 2, 2021, 10:25 a.m.

I lived in the west end (Haro and Chilco) for about 7 years and there were fire trucks, police cars and ambulances responding without sirens in our neighborhood and on our block every day.

There are a ton of older folks living in the apartments down there and the care services are constantly down there.

Anecdotal info the same as yours, and I haven't been down there for about a year but there were definitely loads of emergency services in that area before the pandemic.

I wont argue the retirement age aspect but lets say, in my opinion, there was a definite increase of emergency vehicles after end of May. I could add, in the winter and spring months, there was no police car arriving first. Ambulance or fire truck yes, police not on site.

Here's a frightening thought for you: you might've met me ;)

Last edited by: aShogunNamedMarcus on Aug. 2, 2021, 10:25 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Aug. 2, 2021, 10:45 a.m.

We haven't lived there for almost a year so like you say things might be different now,  was just adding some perspective.

Aug. 2, 2021, 12:06 p.m.

With paramedic shortages and longer wait times for service police may well be the first to arrive.

Aug. 3, 2021, 12:20 a.m.

Aug. 3, 2021, 12:23 a.m.

That must be a big disappointment for you.

Aug. 3, 2021, 6:29 a.m.

Protected sex is fine though.

Aug. 3, 2021, 11:50 a.m.

Protected sex is fine though.

lol.

That must be a big disappointment for you.

Didn't you have anal sex w/a pig once?

Last edited by: tungsten on Aug. 3, 2021, 11:51 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Aug. 3, 2021, 1:16 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

With paramedic shortages and longer wait times for service police may well be the first to arrive.

A firefighter acquaintance was saying recently that his crew had to transfer an accident victim to the hospital because there were no paramedics/ambulances available to respond, which is a major deviation from normal procedures.