COVID-19

July 27, 2021, 9:57 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

So what you're saying is it does say the test doesn't differentiate ? 

Nope. In a way you could say that the PCR test does differentiate because it can't find evidence of the influenza virus. That would be an incorrect use of the word differentiate though as differentiation means means being able to tell the difference between two or more things. As the PCR test only looks for one thing, it doesn't have to differentiate between anything else. Consider this analogy where goggles represent a way to test for viruses and apples represent viruses.

You walk into a produce store looking for apples wearing a specially designed pair of goggles that only allows you to see completely red apples. The apple section is filled with bins with all sorts of apples - red ones, green ones, yellow ones and even some mixed colour ones. The apples are all mixed up into different bins in various combinations. As you walk through the apple section the only apples you can see though are ones that are totally red due to the goggles you're wearing. What you see is that some bins have no red apples, some bins have a few red apples and some bins are filled with red apples. The green, yellow and mixed colour apples are there, but you can't see them because of the goggles. So in a way, the goggles can differentiate between red apples and all the other ones because they can only see the red ones, but they can't detect the presence of the other types of apples.

A week later you go back wearing a new and improved pair of goggles that not only allows you to see red and yellow apples, they also allow you to tell the difference between the two. There's a red light in the goggles that flashes when you see red apples and a yellow light that flashes when you see yellow apples.

If all you want to do is look for red apples, then the original goggles are still fine and work just great. If you want to look for different kinds of apples and be able to tell them apart then you can wear the new googles. Either way, if you want to find red apples you have a couple of different ways to do it that will work.

Like I said in a previous post, you have a comprehension problem of some sort going on here. I don't know what the cause is, but I think it would be worthwhile for you to consider it. Good luck.

July 27, 2021, 10 a.m.

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

Cites "Alternative News" twitter account as 'proof'. It would be funny if it wasn't spreading dangerous misinformation.

It's sad more than anything else.

July 27, 2021, 2:21 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

Cites "Alternative News" twitter account as 'proof'. It would be funny if it wasn't spreading dangerous misinformation.

Out of morbid curiousity, I scrolled through that twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/NewsAlternative

No real surprise, it's absolutely filled with the worst lies, misinformation, innuendo and stupid memes that can be found on the internet.   Cultish would be a way to describe reading it.

July 27, 2021, 3:46 p.m.

No real surprise, it's absolutely filled with the worst lies, misinformation, innuendo and stupid memes that can be found on the internet.   Cultish would be a way to describe reading it.

At least they are honest with their name.  It's not news, it's a news alternative.  Like tofurky, or Cheez Wiz.

July 27, 2021, 3:59 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

At least they are honest with their name. It's not news, it's a news alternative. Like tofurky, or Cheez Wiz.

Personally, when I want an alternative to the news, I play Xbox if its raining or go biking if its sunny.

Last edited by: Couch_Surfer on July 27, 2021, 3:59 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 27, 2021, 4 p.m.

It's another person that quote the same thing and interpreted it the same way. Not sure why he linked to watchtower instead of the cdc but secondary proof of what I was talking about.

July 27, 2021, 6:18 p.m.

At least they are honest with their name.  It's not news, it's a news alternative.  Like tofurky, or Cheez Wiz.

Alternative facts + alternative english = Alternative News.

July 27, 2021, 10:17 p.m.

So tell me again how that makes me a liar if it does say the test does not differentiate?

Does a test that only identifies COVID "facilitate detection and differentiation" of COVID and influenza?  To me it sounds like they are recommending a test that will identify both "in preparation for flu season".

To me it simply means it cant tell them apart.

July 27, 2021, 10:25 p.m.

So what you're saying is it does say the test doesn't differentiate ? 

Nope. In a way you could say that the PCR test does differentiate because it can't find evidence of the influenza virus. That would be an incorrect use of the word differentiate though as differentiation means means being able to tell the difference between two or more things. As the PCR test only looks for one thing, it doesn't have to differentiate between anything else. Consider this analogy where goggles represent a way to test for viruses and apples represent viruses.

Like I said in a previous post, you have a comprehension problem of some sort going on here. I don't know what the cause is, but I think it would be worthwhile for you to consider it. Good luck.

You can judge me however you like. It doesnt change you cant go by the defined words they used let alone answer a question from me. I throw lots of different questions/angles out to see which you or someone else wants to talk aboot. Basically like choose your own adventure. However, you and a few others choose to make it about me. You fail to conversate. The verbage said both differentiate and facilitate detection btw but that doesnt really matter does it.

July 27, 2021, 10:26 p.m.

Just for the record, that was the first time I went to that @. It also wasnt proof ya jabronis.

July 27, 2021, 10:36 p.m.

So tell me again how that makes me a liar if it does say the test does not differentiate?

Does a test that only identifies COVID "facilitate detection and differentiation" of COVID and influenza?  To me it sounds like they are recommending a test that will identify both "in preparation for flu season".

To me it simply means it cant tell them apart.

The current PCR test for COVID-19 will tell you if have SARS-CoV-2. The current PCR test for COVID-19 will NOT tell you if you have influenza. The current PCR test is SPECIFIC to the COVID-19 virus. Does that clear it up?

July 27, 2021, 11:05 p.m.

You can judge me however you like. It doesnt change you cant go by the defined words they used let alone answer a question from me. I throw lots of different questions/angles out to see which you or someone else wants to talk aboot. Basically like choose your own adventure. However, you and a few others choose to make it about me. You fail to conversate. The verbage said both differentiate and facilitate detection btw but that doesnt really matter does it.

Quoted for posterity. I never thought I'd see someone say they can redefine the English language so it says whatever they want it to say.

July 28, 2021, 4:20 a.m.

It's another person that quote the same thing and interpreted it the same way. Not sure why he linked to watchtower instead of the cdc but secondary proof of what I was talking about.

Just for the record, that was the first time I went to that @. It also wasnt proof ya jabronis.

Ya guys, posting that link was “secondary proof” not “proof”. 

Duh.

July 28, 2021, 4:22 a.m.

Quoted for posterity. I never thought I'd see someone say they can redefine the English language so it says whatever they want it to say.

Pretty sure he’s trying to claim that it’s us (plus the medical and government professionals) that are attempting to redefine words, not that he can do it. 

Bizarre.

July 28, 2021, 8:13 a.m.

fully vaxxed 🙌