COVID-19

July 26, 2021, 8:36 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

I sadly have to say it again, as for your statement about the sars2 pcr test yielding only a positive and negative and identifying one virus, why does the cdc say the sars2 pcr test can not distinguish between influenza and sars2? They are apparently grossly different viruses so this shouldn't actually be an issue.

Please quote directly from your CDC link where it says that the "PCR test can not distinguish between influenza and covid (sars2) or something similar.

July 26, 2021, 8:40 p.m.

I know you don't know this but ill take the cdc link over any news link let alone a Canadian one that might only consult with physicians ( not microbiologists). 

You guys love the easy thinking route. "Oh someone called themselves a fact checker, I'll trust that over the cdc or some guy I hate online linking it."

Meanwhile for the record, I've been saying don't trust anyone since this started.

I’ll put as much effort into looking into your stupid anti-vax lies as you do.  

Completely unrelated, can you tell us yet who won the 2020 USA Presidential election?

July 26, 2021, 8:51 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

I sadly have to say it again, as for your statement about the sars2 pcr test yielding only a positive and negative and identifying one virus, why does the cdc say the sars2 pcr test can not distinguish between influenza and sars2? They are apparently grossly different viruses so this shouldn't actually be an issue.

Please quote directly from your CDC link where it says that the "PCR test can not distinguish between influenza and covid (sars2) or something similar.

I already did on pg 102, July 24th at 250pm according to the forum.

July 26, 2021, 8:51 p.m.

Posted by: tashi

It doesn’t say that at all. 

You’re misunderstanding what the cdc has written.

It says exactly that. See post above.

July 26, 2021, 8:59 p.m.

What you quoted from the CDC, and what you think they said are not at all the same thing.

So I say this with all sincerity, no bullshit, no trying to make fun of you, my only advice to you at this point is to sign up for some sort of remedial reading or English class as your ability to comprehend what is written is lacking. It may that you have some sort of undiagnosed reading comprehension problem, but whatever is going on is preventing you from understanding what you are reading and it's also preventing you from being able to have meaningful conversations with people. Again, this is not a joke at your expense, but you have a problem that you should give some consideration to.

Good luck getting things sorted, hopefully it works out for you.

Last edited by: syncro on July 26, 2021, 9:08 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 26, 2021, 9:07 p.m.

It doesn’t say that at all. 

You’re misunderstanding what the cdc has written.

It says exactly that. See post above.

Okay sure. You’re right, everyone else is misinterpreting the CDC, including the medical professionals that actually deal with it.

July 26, 2021, 10:44 p.m.

What you quoted from the CDC, and what you think they said are not at all the same thing.

So I say this with all sincerity, no bullshit, no trying to make fun of you, my only advice to you at this point is to sign up for some sort of remedial reading or English class as your ability to comprehend what is written is lacking. It may that you have some sort of undiagnosed reading comprehension problem, but whatever is going on is preventing you from understanding what you are reading and it's also preventing you from being able to have meaningful conversations with people. Again, this is not a joke at your expense, but you have a problem that you should give some consideration to.

Good luck getting things sorted, hopefully it works out for you.

The second paragraph of the pg102 post was just copy n pasted from the cdc link. The cdc page is now different. Have fun with that one.

July 26, 2021, 11:02 p.m.

LOL - not only are you a liar, you’re a particularly bad one at that. The quote in your post reads exactly the same as the words on the CDC webpage that your post links to.

July 26, 2021, 11:14 p.m.

Here’s screenshots of both side by side as proof that the passage you copied from the CDC website is still there.

July 27, 2021, 8:32 a.m.

LOL - not only are you a liar, you’re a particularly bad one at that. The quote in your post reads exactly the same as the words on the CDC webpage that your post links to.

So what you're saying is it does say the test doesn't differentiate ? 

I'm not the only liar either.

July 27, 2021, 8:34 a.m.

Here’s screenshots of both side by side as proof that the passage you copied from the CDC website is still there.

So tell me again how that makes me a liar if it does say the test does not differentiate?

July 27, 2021, 9:18 a.m.

Okay sure. You’re right, everyone else is misinterpreting the CDC, including the medical professionals that actually deal with it.

Ya, it would be comical if it wasn't so annoying.  People like Shogun want to believe that they are "in the know" so badly that they are easy prey for some asshole troll with a passable knowledge of science to come up with theories for them.  They actually believe that medical professionals around the world are either in on it and keeping it secret, or too stupid to figure out like they did.  Cuz they smrt.

July 27, 2021, 9:24 a.m.

Cites "Alternative News" twitter account as 'proof'. It would be funny if it wasn't spreading dangerous misinformation.

Last edited by: Couch_Surfer on July 27, 2021, 9:25 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 27, 2021, 9:26 a.m.

So tell me again how that makes me a liar if it does say the test does not differentiate?

Does a test that only identifies COVID "facilitate detection and differentiation" of COVID and influenza?  To me it sounds like they are recommending a test that will identify both "in preparation for flu season".

July 27, 2021, 9:26 a.m.

Does a test that only identifies COVID "facilitate detection and differentiation" of COVID and influenza?  To me it sounds like they are recommending a test that will identify both "in preparation for flu season".