COVID-19

July 25, 2021, 4:24 p.m.

Posted by: tashi

1 If anyone is curious, the new test can detect and differentiate two flu strains and COVID. 

2 The old test only looked for COVID.   It’s still in use as it’s effective and available,  it just requires a separate test for the flu. 

3 This information is all available on the CDC link previously posted.

1. Link to new test please.

2. It's still in use even though it doesnt differentiate between corona and influenza. It will no longer be FDA/CDC approved for use after NYE 2021. Labs are encouraged to use a multiplex method of testing in the meantime.

Please stop posting half truths ;)

July 25, 2021, 4:36 p.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/100-covid-19-tests-love-1.6113813

Buddy takes 100 covid tests

I think im at about 30 now.

July 25, 2021, 4:53 p.m.

yeah but you did it for money

while buddy did it for love

or maybe you did it for love of money ?

you were threatening to move back out west, should i be wary of running into you, literaly ?

Last edited by: XXX_er on July 25, 2021, 10:43 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
July 25, 2021, 6:27 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Your understanding of the available information is incorrect. PCR is a method of testing that can be designed to test for a specific virus. Just like a car is a method of transportation, but not all cars are designed the same. The covid PCR test has been designed to only test for covid, so the flu has absolutely nothing to do with the covid PCR test. This has been known for over 18 months, it's veey old news at this point and there is absolutely no question about what the covid pcr test is and what it is designed to do. 

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diagnostics/21462-covid-19-and-pcr-testing

July 25, 2021, 11:30 p.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

yeah but you did it for money

while buddy did it for love

or maybe you did it for love of money ?

you were threatening to move back out west, should i be wary of running into you, literaly ?

Yes.

And ive already licked all your favorite windows. 

Stay scared.

July 26, 2021, 8:34 a.m.

Posted by: syncro

Your understanding of the available information is incorrect. PCR is a method of testing that can be designed to test for a specific virus. Just like a car is a method of transportation, but not all cars are designed the same. The covid PCR test has been designed to only test for covid, so the flu has absolutely nothing to do with the covid PCR test. This has been known for over 18 months, it's veey old news at this point and there is absolutely no question about what the covid pcr test is and what it is designed to do. 

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diagnostics/21462-covid-19-and-pcr-testing

Yessss a specific test for a specific genome that picks up influenza, can't tell them apart and possibly gives a false positive.

July 26, 2021, 8:53 a.m.

Yessss a specific test for a specific genome that picks up influenza, can't tell them apart and possibly gives a false positive.

Source?

July 26, 2021, 1:50 p.m.

Source?

yawn.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/pcr-tests-false-positives-myth-reality-1.6034273

I know you know this, but at this point it's just a matter of typing his keyword + "anti-vax myth" into google to try and see what lie he's pushing at any given moment.

Last edited by: Couch_Surfer on July 26, 2021, 1:56 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 26, 2021, 2:23 p.m.

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

yawn.

I know you know this, but at this point it's just a matter of typing his keyword + "anti-vax myth" into google to try and see what lie he's pushing at any given moment.

Yeah, it's too bad that Shogun seemed to be making a bit of an effort when he first came back, but now it seems he's back to his regular programming. I thought I'd give him one last opportunity but I've decided I'm going to go back to just ignoring him despite all the lies he posts Probably best if we all do the same.

July 26, 2021, 3:42 p.m.

Source?

You! and my link. You said the test was genetically designed for covid. And my cdc link said that rt pct assay can't tell the two viruses apart.

July 26, 2021, 3:47 p.m.

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

Source?

yawn.

I know you don't know this but ill take the cdc link over any news link let alone a Canadian one that might only consult with physicians ( not microbiologists). 

You guys love the easy thinking route. "Oh someone called themselves a fact checker, I'll trust that over the cdc or some guy I hate online linking it."

Meanwhile for the record, I've been saying don't trust anyone since this started.

July 26, 2021, 6:16 p.m.

You! and my link. You said the test was genetically designed for covid. And my cdc link said that rt pct assay can't tell the two viruses apart.

You seem genuinely confused on this matter so hopefully this clears it up. To start with, your CDC link does not say that the PCR assay can't tell the two viruses apart. I also did not say that the PCR test can't tell the two viruses apart. The PCR test can only identify one virus - covid - and your CDC link says this. The PCR test yields  either a positive for covid or a negative for covid. Nothing else matters as nothing else is being tested for. I don't know how to make that any more clear - PCR cannot detect influenza. Because the PCR test can only detect one thing, it does not need to differentiate between the only thing it can find and the things it is not even looking for.  

Shogun's CDC Link:

After December 31, 2021, CDC will withdraw the request to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of the CDC 2019-Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel, the assay first introduced in February 2020 for detection of SARS-CoV-2 only.

The new tests are different though and are designed to detect both covid and influenza. As per your CDC link, they recommend a test that can detect both viruses and differentiate or tell the difference between the two. These new tests are not the same as the PCR test which was designed to detect only the covid virus. You are confusing the single focus of the old PCR test with the multiplex methods of the new tests.

July 26, 2021, 7:56 p.m.

You seem genuinely confused on this matter so hopefully this clears it up. To start with, your CDC link does not say that the PCR assay can't tell the two viruses apart. I also did not say that the PCR test can't tell the two viruses apart. The PCR test can only identify one virus - covid - and your CDC link says this. The PCR test yields  either a positive for covid or a negative for covid. Nothing else matters as nothing else is being tested for. I don't know how to make that any more clear - PCR cannot detect influenza. Because the PCR test can only detect one thing, it does not need to differentiate between the only thing it can find and the things it is not even looking for.  

Shogun's CDC Link:

After December 31, 2021, CDC will withdraw the request to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of the CDC 2019-Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel, the assay first introduced in February 2020 for detection of SARS-CoV-2 only.

The new tests are different though and are designed to detect both covid and influenza. As per your CDC link, they recommend a test that can detect both viruses and differentiate or tell the difference between the two. These new tests are not the same as the PCR test which was designed to detect only the covid virus. You are confusing the single focus of the old PCR test with the multiplex methods of the new tests.

Multiplex method isn't pcr based. They are moving to a multiplex method and away from the amplification method of the pcr. 

If the latest sars2 pcr test was A-ok, it does beg the question why change the testing method at all? 

I sadly have to say it again, as for your statement about the sars2 pcr test yielding only a positive and negative and identifying one virus, why does the cdc say the sars2 pcr test can not distinguish between influenza and sars2? They are apparently grossly different viruses so this shouldn't actually be an issue.

July 26, 2021, 7:58 p.m.

I also have to clear the air here and nit pick bc this shit drive me nuts.

This is not a covid pandemic.  There is no covid test or vaccine. Covid is a set of various symptoms and diseases caused by sars2 Coronavirus. 

I would like for the whole damn world to correct itself on this..

July 26, 2021, 8:12 p.m.

I sadly have to say it again, as for your statement about the sars2 pcr test yielding only a positive and negative and identifying one virus, why does the cdc say the sars2 pcr test can not distinguish between influenza and sars2? They are apparently grossly different viruses so this shouldn't actually be an issue.

It doesn’t say that at all. 

You’re misunderstanding what the cdc has written.