COVID-19

June 3, 2021, 2:26 p.m.

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

Also.  Beetlejuice effect starting here.  Knock it off.

June 3, 2021, 2:26 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Posted by: XXX_er

is aquiring the  Shogunesque  persona shortly behind board intellectual superior ?

The funny thing is that he seems to have moved on from us and this Wuhan lab thing was one of the very few conspiracy theories that he floated (and we ridiculed... or at least I did) that might have a sliver of truth.

No dude,all the whiners complaining to Cam got me banned. That combined with all the winning I was doing, well, winners don't hang around a bunch of losers eh ;)

As for slivers of truth, does Pfizer and ergo gsk own the Wuhan lab in question.. internets full of the crazy.

June 3, 2021, 2:27 p.m.

Posted by: tashi

A zoonotic source is more likely, but a human source is also quite possible.  You're jumping the gun if you think that the source has been conclusively identified.

Maybe you're just still hopeful that Trump wasn't right?

June 3, 2021, 2:29 p.m.

Anyone reading about spike proteins basically circulating as a toxin? Be interesting to know what you losers think...

June 3, 2021, 2:39 p.m.

I duno who complained, wasnt me in any case spending all your time here acting like an asshole is how you got your own ass banned if thats what actualy happened as opposed to they wouldnt let you use the computer in the psyche ward, in any case without you around things are way more civil cuz  there is enough air in the room for everyone and it would be nice if things stayed that way

Last edited by: XXX_er on June 3, 2021, 2:45 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
June 3, 2021, 6:18 p.m.

Whelp, you guys fucked that one up.

June 3, 2021, 7:58 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

Looks like chupacabra should replace KenN as the board's intellectual superior.

LOL.  I have no idea how we got COVID, but I get a little defensive if people say looking at China for answers is racist.  It might have escaped the lab.  It also might be from bat stew.  I would just like to know and the search starts in Wuhan and with the Chinese government.

I agree with your assessment  of the Tyee article. I'd read it before it was posted here and thought it was very weak and had little substance. That sort of article is damaging to the Tyee as with them being a left wind media organization it gives fuel to those on the right to discredit them. I think they usually do a good job of being objective in their left leaning way, but that article was crap. That's why I had to throw a dart at KenN after he posted it and your comment was tee'd up perfectly.

FYI I've know Ken off teh boards for a while, and while we're not best friends or anything we get along just great in real life. I know he's a smart dude and respect his opinion, which is why it's so much fun to take a poke at him for the odd slip up.

June 3, 2021, 7:59 p.m.

Serious question, what's the Beetlejuice effect? I never saw the movie so have no idea what you refer to.

June 3, 2021, 8:34 p.m.

Serious question, what's the Beetlejuice effect? I never saw the movie so have no idea what you refer to.

Glad that was you that asked cause I'm lost as well

June 3, 2021, 8:43 p.m.

Posted by: Adam-West

Glad that was you that asked cause I'm lost as well

pm incoming

June 3, 2021, 8:49 p.m.

I apologize for such an old reference.

June 4, 2021, 9:37 a.m.

Looks like chupacabra should replace KenN as the board's intellectual superior.

LOL.  I have no idea how we got COVID, but I get a little defensive if people say looking at China for answers is racist.  It might have escaped the lab.  It also might be from bat stew.  I would just like to know and the search starts in Wuhan and with the Chinese government.

I agree with your assessment  of the Tyee article. I'd read it before it was posted here and thought it was very weak and had little substance. That sort of article is damaging to the Tyee as with them being a left wind media organization it gives fuel to those on the right to discredit them. I think they usually do a good job of being objective in their left leaning way, but that article was crap. That's why I had to throw a dart at KenN after he posted it and your comment was tee'd up perfectly.

FYI I've know Ken off teh boards for a while, and while we're not best friends or anything we get along just great in real life. I know he's a smart dude and respect his opinion, which is why it's so much fun to take a poke at him for the odd slip up.

For sure, I just love to argue with everyone.  I respect KenN's opinion.  I like the Tyee as well but I think there is a tendency on the left to conflate the Qanon/Chinese weaponized COVID conspiracy theory with the possibility that a mistake was made in a lab.  It makes sense too because the first time I found out there even was a lab in Wuhan was when our very own Beetlejuice pointed it out.  When 99.9% of the information coming from a specific source is grade A horse shit it is easy to miss the 0.1%.

June 4, 2021, 9:39 a.m.

I apologize for such an old reference.

Ah man,. now I am old for this too.  My Geena Davis pic didn't ring any bells for people?

Last edited by: chupacabra on June 4, 2021, 9:39 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
June 4, 2021, 11:40 a.m.

Today I learned that there are grown ups don't know about Beetlejuice.

I'm as blown away as the time I met a grown man who loves comedy and didn't know The Big Lebowski.

Last edited by: tashi on June 4, 2021, 12:21 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
June 4, 2021, 12:03 p.m.

You better sit down for what I’m about to tell you.