COVID-19

April 7, 2021, 12:57 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Posted by: XXX_er

they kinda know who lives where or whom they will encounter just hearing the address of the call come in cuz they are dealing with the same 30 people in this town, in a place like PG its the same 100 people

That’s fair, but in a place like Minneapolis?

Anyhow this is way off topic.

I think you would be suprised, if you ever hear the term " known to police " they got known cuz the Po-Po were talking shop at your local Timmy's ho's

April 7, 2021, 2:07 p.m.

Interesting article about the current covid plan in BC (and Canada). As I was reading it I'm wondering what all the covid nay sayers would be thinking as they already feel things are too restrictive and yet these experts are saying we need to really lock things down. In talking with a few friends who are against all the "restrictions" we have here I keep correcting them on their concept of a lockdown as we've had a pretty good level of freedom here for a while. We should have completely shut things down for about 4-6 wks at the tail end of last summer and kept our borders closed or at minimum had very strict travel restrictions. Reading this article and combining it with info from others it seems like there's a good chance we might be at this for another year or more. 

https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2021/01/08/Get-Real-Canada-Get-Zero/

April 7, 2021, 2:23 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

Interesting article about the current covid plan in BC (and Canada). As I was reading it I'm wondering what all the covid nay sayers would be thinking as they already feel things are too restrictive and yet these experts are saying we need to really lock things down. In talking with a few friends who are against all the "restrictions" we have here I keep correcting them on their concept of a lockdown as we've had a pretty good level of freedom here for a while. We should have completely shut things down for about 4-6 wks at the tail end of last summer and kept our borders closed or at minimum had very strict travel restrictions. Reading this article and combining it with info from others it seems like there's a good chance we might be at this for another year or more. 

God that sounds awful, but this Brazilian strain is taking off fast here and it sound sway scarier that the vanilla COVID.  Ontario is supposedly going to announce a full lockdown and it seems like we are not taking these news variants seriously enough considering that we are basically getting hit as hard and the vast majority of us are a long way from a vaccine.  I am all for going for zero.

April 7, 2021, 2:53 p.m.

Would be really helpful if a couple of the really well publicized Canucks got really really sick.

Last edited by: tungsten on April 7, 2021, 2:54 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 7, 2021, 9:51 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

Posted by: Stuminator

Of course the dude didn't deserve to die, but the media is not keen to mention he was not an exemplary citizen, I think is the point trying to be made. (Convicted of 8 crimes in an 8 year period)

And why is that important?

Also, why is this relevant to the Covid thread?

Because usually, before the police engage people, they look up their record. Simple things like, do I need some backup?  As for covid... maybe the counterfeit bill he passed off was from China and was actually a vector for covid19a ;)

How do the cops look up their record without engaging?

Got me on that. I was thinking to the usual car pull over. But at the same time, maybe he was known.

April 8, 2021, 9:29 a.m.

It doesn't look good.  BC has more P1 variant than the entire US and the vast majority of the Canadian cases.  

Canada has emerged as one of the only countries in the world with significant outbreaks of three different variants occurring at the same time — turning us into a giant experiment on the world stage.

April 8, 2021, 10:25 a.m.

Posted by: syncro

His "I told you so article" is worse.

https://thetyee.ca/News/2021/04/07/How-BC-Fumbled-Third-Wave/

Last edited by: Couch_Surfer on April 8, 2021, 10:26 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 8, 2021, 11:05 a.m.

Yah it all fleshed out here... https://thetyee.ca/News/2021/04/02/Canada-One-Big-Pandemic-Response-Experiment-Zero-COVID/

It's teh capitalists, stupid!

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/contributors/2021/04/07/throwing-money-at-big-pharma-wont-guarantee-vaccine-supply.html

Last edited by: tungsten on April 8, 2021, 11:34 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 8, 2021, 11:36 a.m.

Posted by: tungsten

Yah it all fleshed out here... https://thetyee.ca/News/2021/04/02/Canada-One-Big-Pandemic-Response-Experiment-Zero-COVID/

It's teh capitalists, stupid!

I think you meant to say "it's the stupid capitalists".  The smart ones would know that letting COVID rip costs them more in the long run.  At least nobody is talking about how smart the Swedish approach is anymore.

An extensive French study has surveyed nations’ responses to COVID-19 and concludes that those taking an aggressive “Zero COVID” approach fared better than others by both health and economic measures.

April 8, 2021, 11:31 p.m.

https://commonground.ca/the-pandemic-a-consequence-of-a-war-on-life/

April 9, 2021, 9:34 a.m.

Man. I have to write a book.  I bet I could cobble together a woke thoughtstream devoid of evidence like this article Tungsten just posted.  I just need a pen name that is less "colonial".

April 9, 2021, 9:36 a.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Man. I have to write a book.  I bet I could cobble together a woke thoughtstream devoid of evidence like this article Tungsten just posted.  I just need a pen name that is less "colonial".

The general theme of most of those articles is to start with a conclusion, then string together a series of thoughts to jump to said conclusion.  It's basically the opposite of analysis.

April 9, 2021, 10:12 a.m.

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

Posted by: chupacabra

The general theme of most of those articles is to start with a conclusion, then string together a series of thoughts to jump to said conclusion.  It's basically the opposite of analysis.

Exactly.  And they use a general theme that is hard to argue as the backdrop.  In this case "man is degrading the environment" is hard to argue, but then with a couple paragraphs Bill Gates is trying to control junior's brain.  Whaa?  I thought this was about COVID?

April 9, 2021, 10:30 a.m.

It's pretty much the equivalent of shooting a bunch of arrows at the side of the barn, then drawing a circle around the biggest cluster of arrows.  "Look, what a great archer am I".

April 9, 2021, 11:53 a.m.

That womans intellect is greater than the sum all yours combined squared.