COVID-19

April 4, 2021, 5:09 p.m.

Of course the dude didn't deserve to die, but the media is not keen to mention he was not an exemplary citizen, I think is the point trying to be made. (Convicted of 8 crimes in an 8 year period)

April 4, 2021, 5:42 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

Of course the dude didn't deserve to die, but the media is not keen to mention he was not an exemplary citizen, I think is the point trying to be made. (Convicted of 8 crimes in an 8 year period)

And why is that important?

Also, why is this relevant to the Covid thread?

April 4, 2021, 6:49 p.m.

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

It's not.  Unless you're the attorney for the defense of the police officer that murdered him...

April 5, 2021, 10:15 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

For people that know anything about the effects of those drugs on the body and having observed Floyd’s behaviour it should be pretty clear that they were not the main factor in his death. I would even say that their role in his death would have been negligible and the loss of blood and oxygen to his brain would have been the main causes. To try and intimate that the drugs were a determining cause in Floyd’s death would be like saying a pot that caught fire on the stove was a determining factor in it burning to the ground when the rest of the house was already ablaze.

You need to look at the drug levels in his system compared to whats commonly fatal for a mortal. Unless I got faked news'd again that is.

April 5, 2021, 10:21 p.m.

Because usually, before the police engage people, they look up their record. Simple things like, do I need some backup?  As for covid... maybe the counterfeit bill he passed off was from China and was actually a vector for covid19a ;)

April 5, 2021, 10:56 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Because usually, before the police engage people, they look up their record. S

u need a new dealer

April 5, 2021, 11:07 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

Because usually, before the police engage people, they look up their record. S

u need a new dealer

Are you xxx'er?

April 6, 2021, 11:32 a.m.

you realize one no longer needs to text the HD mechanic or the blues player ?

there are now retail outlets on main street that take visa/ mastercard/ debt

The owner is likeley  a member of the chamber of commerce

Last edited by: XXX_er on April 6, 2021, 1:44 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 6, 2021, 6:25 p.m.

Because usually, before the police engage people, they look up their record. Simple things like, do I need some backup?  As for covid... maybe the counterfeit bill he passed off was from China and was actually a vector for covid19a ;)

How do the cops look up their record without engaging?

April 6, 2021, 7:19 p.m.

they kinda know who lives where or whom they will encounter just hearing the address of the call come in cuz they are dealing with the same 30 people in this town, in a place like PG its the same 100 people

April 7, 2021, 4:11 a.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

they kinda know who lives where or whom they will encounter just hearing the address of the call come in cuz they are dealing with the same 30 people in this town, in a place like PG its the same 100 people

That’s fair, but in a place like Minneapolis?

Anyhow this is way off topic.

April 7, 2021, 5:43 a.m.

Here's what you need to know. When police first approached Floyd they took him out of the car he was in, handcuffed him and sat him down on the sidewalk. He was fully cooperative at that time. Floyd got upset when they tried to stuff him in the back of a cop car amidst claims that he was claustrophobic. During that time he stated he couldn't breathe. After Floyd fell out of the car the police ended up pinning him to the ground. Now here's the really important part that I put in  bold for convenience:

"A Minnesota judge released footage from Lane and Kueng’s body cameras in early August 2020 — new evidence that showed their attempts to put Floyd into the squad car, and his repeated requests for the officers to consider his health. The videos also showed Chauvin kept Floyd pinned to the ground and knelt on his neck for about nine minutes, including for nearly three minutes after Floyd became non-responsive."

So does past criminal history matter when for 7-8 minutes someone has been complaining they can't breathe, they slowly fade to unconsciousness and then continue to be deprived of blood and oxygen for another 3 minutes? The reason the media is not keen to mention his criminal history is that it is not relevant and doing so only creates bias against Floyd by showing his life as somehow less worthwhile because he was a criminal.

April 7, 2021, 5:46 a.m.

Getting back to covid, I wonder if the Canucks season is now finished with 18 of them being on the NHL's covid protocol?

Last edited by: syncro on April 7, 2021, 5:52 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 7, 2021, 11:04 a.m.

These new variants have me shaking in my boots. I have a history of bad pneumonia and just regular common colds floor me for about a week and leave me chesty for about 2-3 more weeks after the fever breaks. 

Pretty sure one of these new strains that are putting 30 year olds in the ICU would end me.

April 7, 2021, 12:50 p.m.

^^ it feels like a new pandemic. anecdotally, i now know 3 or 4 people that have tested positive in the last couple of weeks. up until now, I didn't know anyone in my immediate circle that caught it.

for those into podcasts, this was a good listen about the 3rd wave in canada: https://www.cbc.ca/radio/frontburner/the-final-showdown-how-to-fight-the-3rd-wave-1.5972117

Last edited by: Couch_Surfer on April 7, 2021, 12:50 p.m., edited 1 time in total.