COVID-19

Feb. 17, 2021, 6:59 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Posted by: FLATCH

Posted by: tashi

The “Operating System” is a metaphor. It’s supposed to make their system of medicine easier to understand to non-experts. I guess it doesn’t  always work.

What is your objection to this type of drug platform? What are you concerns with being “plug and play” as you say?

What do you mean when you say plug and play? It’s not clear what that phrase means in this context.

What vaccine problems are you attempting to discuss? I HAVE been following actually.

Perhaps you're the one not understanding what they're doing? My objections and issue's with this are rooted in the finest of tinfoil so I'll keep those to myself. And if you've been following the vaccinated, then you should know.

Classic politician speak, answering a question without answering fuck all.

Yep you NBR liberals taught me well. I dont have a good grasp on graphs, context, semantics, or anything else like reality so why would I actually answer ?

The info's out there but none of you want it so I'm not posting it.

Sounds like you should take your ball and go home.🏈🙏

Feb. 18, 2021, 7:37 p.m.

https://youtu.be/oYK9-zvJF_k

https://www.counterpunch.org/2021/02/18/why-politicians-and-doctors-keep-ignoring-the-medical-research-on-vitamin-d-and-covid-2/

Last edited by: tungsten on Feb. 18, 2021, 7:43 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 21, 2021, 11:03 a.m.

Aside from nCov19 or NCov21 soon, there's h5n8 transmission to humans in Russia, everyone's favorite 'bolas back and reports of the Nipah virus being the next pandemic are circulating.

Be more afraid people!

Feb. 21, 2021, 2:04 p.m.

If you want to get an idea of what these outbreaks may mean, learn about Malthusian population growth, take a look at our population growth and mesh that with the normal cause of a population correction. Spoiler alert: it’s not the famine, it’s the diseases that can break out when defenses are weakened by starvation and stress. 

We’re either approaching our carrying capacity or have already exceeded it. Our natural systems that provide the necessities of life are failing. Viruses are moving from other species to us and causing outbreaks.

We’re gunna need to get good at vaccines if we want to carry on like we have been.

Feb. 21, 2021, 2:16 p.m.

De-growth. https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/degrowth-case-for-constructing-new-economic-paradigm/

Last edited by: tungsten on Feb. 21, 2021, 2:17 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 25, 2021, 4:37 p.m.

Just remember that on January 22nd, the CDC published a model in the MMWR that actually addresses their concern about what B117 will do in terms of increase per what it has done in Europe and the Middle East. They were the ones that came forward and said, look at what this might do and this surge effort in March. If we look at what’s happening in Europe and the Middle East, it’s very clear that this has had a tremendous impact there after it started out much like it has started in the United States, meaning that there were weeks where we have seen lower level transmission with a gradual increase. This past Tuesday, CDC reported that among the B117 variants in the United States there had been twelve hundred and seventy-seven such variants reported from forty-two states. If one looks at the B1351 variant from South Africa where we’ve had 19 reported cases in 10 states. And P1, the Brazilian variant, we’ve seen three cases reported in two states. Clearly, the activity is with the B117. Places like California and Florida are really at the top of that list. Florida is now reporting four hundred sixteen such cases. California, one hundred and eighty-six. Do I believe that they’re representative of what’s happening out there? No, we know we have underreporting occurring, a lack of sequencing. But just as was predicted two weeks ago, we’re beginning to see the number of B117 variants double about every ten days. This is exactly what happened in Europe before we saw the major surges. So if we look at the UK, where today 80 percent of the isolates are B117. Their cases do continue to decline. But remember, they’ve been in a lockdown now since before Christmas, a real lockdown. Their peak average seven-day new cases back then were at sixty thousand cases a day. Today they’re at thirteen thousand two hundred after that lockdown. They’re ready to start relaxing a bit of that. But again, it shows you what it took to drive that surge down. Denmark is another country where we’ve seen 42.5 percent of their samples are B117 now, up from 30 percent the week before that and 19 percent two weeks before that. At this point, they, too, are seeing this challenge with B117. And I could go through the laundry list of other countries. I won’t because it’s the same story where this starts to transmit, it spreads. It causes severe problems. The data are clear now that there is, in fact, evidence of increased severe disease. What we have to understand right now is what we will be seeing in these next weeks ahead . . . You have to understand some of the most vocal people right now who are critical of this idea that there will be a surge with B117 are the same people who early in the pandemic were critical that covid-19 was going to be a problem at all and actually said so publicly on many occasions and indicated that influenza would continue to be the most important infectious disease we’d have in the upcoming months. And I’m telling you right now, everything in my public health background, my training, and 45 years of in the trenches tells me that this is going to be a big peak.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2021/02/25/dr-osterholms-warning-covid-hurricane-on-the-horizon/

Last edited by: tungsten on Feb. 25, 2021, 4:39 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 25, 2021, 5:53 p.m.

Influenza in the USA is down significantly this winter.

Some Covid related lol news:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/25/asia/us-china-covid-swab-tests-intl/index.html

Feb. 28, 2021, noon

Posted by: switch

Influenza in the USA is down significantly this winter.

Is it still down 92 or 98%? I'll agree, that is significant.

Feb. 28, 2021, 12:05 p.m.

If he wanted to have a conversation he’d bring up something specific. 

This is classic trolling.

Maybe I'm preventing you or someone else trolling my ass, again? Nah you wouldnt give me credit to think like that.

While it’s understandable that you’d think I may be doing that I’m not. I asked you clear cut fact based questions which you didn’t answer and made it clear that you wouldn’t.  Fine with me.

Clear cut science based question where you said the OS was a metaphor? Ya, clearly science based. I dont think you'd like it if I said you're just wrong about the OS being a metaphor. So I'll say it like this: imagine IF they literally plan to update you... What was the Harvard Dr Lieber working on again?

Feb. 28, 2021, 12:11 p.m.

If you want to get an idea of what these outbreaks may mean, learn about Malthusian population growth, take a look at our population growth and mesh that with the normal cause of a population correction. Spoiler alert: it’s not the famine, it’s the diseases that can break out when defenses are weakened by starvation and stress. 

We’re either approaching our carrying capacity or have already exceeded it. Our natural systems that provide the necessities of life are failing. Viruses are moving from other species to us and causing outbreaks.

We’re gunna need to get good at vaccines if we want to carry on like we have been.

You sure.. because I thought you were a proponent of the wet market theory for Covid and the bush meat as a source for Ebola theory? And get good at vaccine's? Glad you realize they're bad :P

Feb. 28, 2021, 7:45 p.m.

Look man, you don’t understand my posts, I don’t understand yours, so let’s just leave it at that, mmmkay?

March 1, 2021, 4:41 p.m.

All eligible adults in BC to get a dose by end of July...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-immunization-plan-covid-1.5931543

March 1, 2021, 6:15 p.m.

I waiting for teh Sputnik.

March 1, 2021, 6:19 p.m.

Well duh.

March 2, 2021, 8:35 a.m.

Posted by: tungsten

I waiting for teh Sputnik.

I'm sure you're also waiting for a naked, oiled-up Putin, riding on the back of a grizzly, to come deliver it to you.