COVID-19

Jan. 4, 2021, 8:33 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Anybody here actually get it? I’ve just finished getting through it.

You've had quite the month. Any chance the seizure was related to the covid?

Jan. 4, 2021, 8:37 p.m.

and then you have shit like this:

"A pharmacist who was arrested on charges that he intentionally sabotaged more than 500 doses of the Covid-19 vaccine at a Wisconsin hospital was “an admitted conspiracy theorist” who believed the vaccine could harm people and “change their DNA,” according to the police in Grafton, Wis., where the man was employed."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/04/us/pharmacist-accused-of-tampering-with-vaccine-was-conspiracy-theorist-police-say.html

Last edited by: syncro on Jan. 4, 2021, 8:43 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 4, 2021, 10:33 p.m.

I’m pretty sure I got it late December of last year.

Jan. 4, 2021, 10:43 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

Posted by: FLATCH

Anybody here actually get it? I’ve just finished getting through it.

You've had quite the month. Any chance the seizure was related to the covid?

From the hospital stay?

Jan. 5, 2021, 6:37 a.m.

Don’t know yet, but I will be going over that eventually when I get to talk with the neurologist in early February. I actually hope so, but the timing doesn’t really line up but with this virus who really knows yet. It was probably more likely that I caught it from the er at Abbotsford hospital. A couple days after I got released after being there for six nights, Fraser Health admitted that they had an outbreak at Abbotsford hospital.

Jan. 5, 2021, 6:55 a.m.

When you get tested after a day or two you will receive a text telling you your results, if your positive you punch in a code provided and reply. Within 15 minutes I got a call from Fraser Health to inform me of what I need to do and your isolation dates. Then you get asked about your recent contacts and where you have been in the last week. She didn’t really say much when I told her that I had been in the hospital for the entire week. About half an hour later a different woman from Fraser Health called and wanted to go into extreme detail about my hospital stay. During our conversation it occurred to me that only once did I see anyone cleaning and that was just a wet mop through my room. In the ER everyone  Used a common bathroom and not once did I see anyone clean it. That should have been done after every use I would think. I spent two nights in that ER because you have to test negative before they move you to a ward.

Jan. 5, 2021, 9:44 a.m.

See. We need to create more positions and pay those people more so they will be filled.

Same for care homes.

Last edited by: tungsten on Jan. 5, 2021, 12:28 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Jan. 5, 2021, 10:11 a.m.

Yes,yes,yes. And better supervision and support.

Last edited by: FLATCH on Jan. 5, 2021, 10:16 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 5, 2021, 4:04 p.m.

Jesus Flatch that sucks ass.  I always think I am going to get sick when I go to the hospital.

So far so good in my house but I have been pretty much a hermit for the year.  

Posted by: skooks
I think it's entirely possible to do outdoor activities in a responsible way. I hike and mountain bike in small groups and plan to ski-tour at some point. I don't car-pool with anyone, and try to keep my distance on the trail. Most of the people I recreate with I also see in the office every day, so I don't feel like I am putting people at increased risk.

100%.  Most outdoors sports have people much more than 6 feet apart, and they are outdoors.  I didn't stop riding my bike, just no car pooling and no post ride bar visits.  :(  I miss pubs.

Jan. 5, 2021, 4:46 p.m.

Actually Chup i had been to the pub a few times after work a couple of months ago and now I would feel much safer there than any medical facility or the grocery store for that matter.Their business depends on cleanliness and strong protocols. I was very impressed at the lengths the Black Sheep in Maple Ridge had gone to.They had obviously spent a lot of money converting all their tables into booths very tastefully done, all glass trimmed out with wood to match the rest of their decor.There was no table hopping allowed and they were all over that. Only four to a table and contact information was taken before they seated you. It looked like they had one staffer that cleaning and disinfecting was their only job. They were all over counting how many people there. Nobody was allowed to congregate outside to smoke (thank god, I f’ing hate that anyway). When all this is over I hope they leave it as is. I liked how much quieter and the level of privacy it provided. I can’t speak for other establishments but I felt pretty safe there.

Last edited by: FLATCH on Jan. 5, 2021, 4:47 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 5, 2021, 4:53 p.m.

yeah man, we go to the brewery here in town and.. id way rather be there than like fucking walmart or the doctors office.

Jan. 5, 2021, 6:38 p.m.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/vancouver-hospital-closes-cardiac-unit-due-to-covid-19-outbreak-1.5254406

was this you flatch? did you do this?

Jan. 5, 2021, 7:01 p.m.

Actually I went to VGH, that was St. Paul’s. Still Shitty though.

Last edited by: FLATCH on Jan. 5, 2021, 7:10 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Jan. 11, 2021, 12:39 p.m.

American society is ruled by the right of businesses to make money above all else. And while for a few months in 2020 it seemed as though we prioritized public health and well-being by shutting down large swaths of the country and passing the modest CARES Act, that did not last. Lost in the horrifying surge of cases and mounting death toll is the stark fact that authorities have chosen to sacrifice human life at the altar of corporate profits. By their logic, if anyone is to blame, it is the individual American who has brought the disease upon themselves by simply making the wrong choices. It is the American way.

Also the Canadian way, lookit the #'s rise.

https://www.newsclick.in/In-America-Business-Profits-Come-First-Over-Pandemic

It's the capitalists, stupid.

they had inventory to move

- Doug Ford

Last edited by: tungsten on Jan. 11, 2021, 6:21 p.m., edited 4 times in total.
Jan. 12, 2021, 12:14 a.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

Ontario finance minister Rod Phillips resigns after getting caught vacationing in St. Bart's, all the while making it appear as if he was spending the holidays quietly at home. This guy must think he is above the law and does not have to abide by guidelines, like he expects regular folks to do. Good riddance.

You didnt hear about trending Trudoh in Cuba or some such place over the holidays?