COVID-19

Nov. 23, 2020, 2:15 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Posted by: Kieran

Posted by: tashi

Now look at how many deaths would have resulted from COVID had we not taken the measures we’ve taken.

Again, COVID comes out on top. A death is a death right?

I'd rather take my chances against COVID than cancer.

I would rather you took your chance with cancer because you can't spread cancer and kill anyone I know.  You are not the person you need to worry about, worry about everyone else.  

As for mask mandates, the debate is over.  They work.  Not only that, they have zero effect on your life. The "false sense of security" thing is just an unproven theory to justify not wearing them.  Stop downplaying science.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6947e2.htm?s_cid=mm6947e2_w

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/21546014/mask-mandates-coronavirus-covid-19

https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/10.1377/hlthaff.2020.00818?utm_medium=email&utm_source=Newsletter&utm_campaign=MEDIA+ADVISORY%3A+Wehby+FT+AOP+6-11-20&utm_content=From+Health+Affairs%3A++Mask+Use+Could+Prevent+200%2C000%2B+US+COVID-19+Cases&stream=top&

I never said I didn't wear them. I was saying that they give people a false sense of security which you can witness in everyday situations. Stop jumping to conclusions.

Nov. 23, 2020, 2:30 p.m.

Old stats, but...

In 2019, an estimated 220.400 Canadians will be diagnosed with cancer and 82,100 will die from cancer.

So let's say 2020 will be roughly the same diagnostic number - how many of those findings will have been delayed and will result in death because of COVID restrictions.

Let's be conservative and say 10% (a 3 month delay can be a difference between stage 1 or stage 4). So that's an extra 13,830.

COVID has killed how many this year in Canada? So far  - 11, 494

Then throw on top all of the other missed deaths.

This IMO is why this whole thing is messed up. I think in a few years time we look back at 2020 and say WTF were we thinking.

This is an overly simplistic analysis and quite honestly it only serves to counter your other arguments.  This virus is all through our hospitals so conducting testing and surgeries as though it is all normal puts all of those people at risk (and many of them are high risk).  The virus is also taking up beds, and doctors and nurses both by taking their time and by making them sick, so it is not like doctors have many choices.  I think they overreacted at the beginning (with the help of hindsight) but they have been doing all they can to conduct business as usual since then.  My wife had a mammogram just a couple weeks ago.

COVID isn't taking centre stage by choice.  When people have to be in the hospital or ICU for long periods of time with an infectious disease it takes a lot of the medical systems resources to handle it which means other things suffer and we have no choice in the matter.  Do you suggest they are sent home?

If you think it is messed up, wear a mask.  The best thing we can do for cancer patients is not spread the virus (remember, it's not about you).  Do you think people are going to get that small painless lump looked at when COVID is rampant at the local hospital.  It is the same with the shutdown. Sweden has shown us that you can't just say "leave it all open" and expect that a few more people will die and that is it.  People stop going out, they stop getting needed medical treatment, and our hospitals get over worked which leads to more deaths and suffering.

Nov. 23, 2020, 2:33 p.m.

Now look at how many deaths would have resulted from COVID had we not taken the measures we’ve taken.

I would rather you took your chance with cancer because you can't spread cancer and kill anyone I know.  You are not the person you need to worry about, worry about everyone else.  

As for mask mandates, the debate is over.  They work.  Not only that, they have zero effect on your life. The "false sense of security" thing is just an unproven theory to justify not wearing them.  Stop downplaying science.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6947e2.htm?s_cid=mm6947e2_w

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/21546014/mask-mandates-coronavirus-covid-19

https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/10.1377/hlthaff.2020.00818?utm_medium=email&utm_source=Newsletter&utm_campaign=MEDIA+ADVISORY%3A+Wehby+FT+AOP+6-11-20&utm_content=From+Health+Affairs%3A++Mask+Use+Could+Prevent+200%2C000%2B+US+COVID-19+Cases&stream=top&

I never said I didn't wear them. I was saying that they give people a false sense of security which you can witness in everyday situations. Stop jumping to conclusions.

Sorry, who is jumping to conclusions.  In my experience it is the non mask wearing people that feel like there is no virus.

Anyhoo, did you read any of the links?  Mask mandates work, regardless of your theories.

Nov. 23, 2020, 3:21 p.m.

Surgeon and nurses where them so they don't dribble into an open wound. No other reason.

Enough said!!!! Fucking figure it out man!!! None of us want your mouth breather dribble on us. NO OTHER REASON FFS!!!

Nov. 23, 2020, 3:28 p.m.

On Thursday a customer told my father that he'd wear a mask if we required it, but not if the government did.

Still got upset the next when my dad told him they were required.

He claims a "medical exemption" now that the government told him what to do.  Super keen to debate it with my staff too.

People made fucked up choices about what hill to die on.

Nov. 23, 2020, 3:38 p.m.

This year all them dirtbag tree planters had to do covid protocol or not work, that means masking/distancing/ no sharing reefers/ no toking off the 40lber around the fire at night, no going to town, so nobody got sick & everybody made more money

not only did nobody get Covid no body got the flu nobody got a cold or any of the usual things that will hit a camp and take out at least 2 planters at any given time so masks worked, distancing works

I got retired doctor & nurse buds who wore the masks and they are not dead

the anti mask thing is all fucking bulshit

Locally the day of the new laws we had a  religious-whacko-nutjob type who gets his wife to video him refusing to wear a mask/ refusing to leave a bank, the cops take him away write him a big ticket tell him they have 6 months to issue that ticket but they were hoping it could all just go away

IMO if a customer won't wear  mask just refuse them service

no shirt no shoes no mask no service

Last edited by: XXX_er on Nov. 23, 2020, 3:48 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Nov. 23, 2020, 3:43 p.m.

Just take a steam bath you'll be fine.

Nov. 23, 2020, 10:07 p.m.

The Flu's looking like an easy win these days...

Nov. 23, 2020, 10:12 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Surgeon and nurses where them so they don't dribble into an open wound. No other reason.

Enough said!!!! Fucking figure it out man!!! None of us want your mouth breather dribble on us. NO OTHER REASON FFS!!!

No, he's saying in the OR area, the mask's arent meant to keep particles out of the staff's airways. It's strictly for the safety of the patient.

Remember Seinfeld and the Jr Mint? It's like that.

Nov. 23, 2020, 10:40 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

I now officially know someone personally that lost their fight with COVID.  She wasn't anyone close to me and I hadn't seen her in quite a few years, but she was only in her 50's and was healthy and fit.  Stay safe everyone.  

This was in the US, not BC.

Just have to be that guy but! Shouldnt you have known someone closer to pass before July? I mean it's a year old now. It's mutated into 3-8 different strains now in that time (?). Mask's arent working because if they did, we wouldnt have lockdowns again and rising case numbers. There's some new Danish Mink mutuation thats worrying the Euro's and Gates said wait until you see wave#2. What the F does Gates know? Other than Covid ver 1.9 will be replaced by covid version 2.1. (covid21). And Gates' made his money off licensing software per version.. so a yearly vax upgrade license path of 7 plus billion people should make him some money.

Is the Gates Foundation publicly traded?

There have been 331 deaths in the province of BC (pop. 5 million).  So the odds are pretty slim that I would know anyone that died, and it is also very telling that the only one that I do know lived south of the border.  

How badly did you fail science class?

lol, you assume I took it. As for knowing some one: if you're using BC as your limitations to insult me, then why did you use an American as a statistic? Trying to blow the Trump horn? And do you not facebook, have friends or extended relatives outside or spread out .. like elsewhere? I know around 10-15 people personally that have been tested, all came back negative and I dont social media.

So science this. Less than one death a day in BC since the virus starting circulating a year ago, not when the pandemic was declared here or there. Its still more than deaths by driving (283 avg/annual?) but those numbers (331) dont exactly remind me of what we were apparently seeing in China early 2020. I knoooow, now its coinfections and coproblems and cocomplications all from the COvid.

We still even guessing if its natural or man made? How about what I said in the fuku thread; the radiation mutated a virus (and the insects)... at least I think I did.

Nov. 23, 2020, 10:45 p.m.

Spanish bat study shines new light on spread of coronavirus

Any one else remember this?

Nov. 24, 2020, 5:47 a.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

No, he's saying in the OR area, the mask's arent meant to keep particles out of the staff's airways. It's strictly for the safety of the patient.

Remember Seinfeld and the Jr Mint? It's like that.

Re read what I wrote and stop breathing through your mouth too. I DON’T WANT TO BREATH IN ANY OF YOUR DRIBBLE EITHER!  Why don’t you fellas get it. C’mon shogun, I thought you to be smarter than that. I wear a mask to keep YOU safe.

Am I being punked here or what?

Nov. 24, 2020, 9:34 a.m.

I now officially know someone personally that lost their fight with COVID.  She wasn't anyone close to me and I hadn't seen her in quite a few years, but she was only in her 50's and was healthy and fit.  Stay safe everyone.  

This was in the US, not BC.

Just have to be that guy but! Shouldnt you have known someone closer to pass before July? I mean it's a year old now. It's mutated into 3-8 different strains now in that time (?). Mask's arent working because if they did, we wouldnt have lockdowns again and rising case numbers. There's some new Danish Mink mutuation thats worrying the Euro's and Gates said wait until you see wave#2. What the F does Gates know? Other than Covid ver 1.9 will be replaced by covid version 2.1. (covid21). And Gates' made his money off licensing software per version.. so a yearly vax upgrade license path of 7 plus billion people should make him some money.

Is the Gates Foundation publicly traded?

There have been 331 deaths in the province of BC (pop. 5 million).  So the odds are pretty slim that I would know anyone that died, and it is also very telling that the only one that I do know lived south of the border.  

lol, you assume I took it. As for knowing some one: if you're using BC as your limitations to insult me, then why did you use an American as a statistic? Trying to blow the Trump horn? And do you not facebook, have friends or extended relatives outside or spread out .. like elsewhere? I know around 10-15 people personally that have been tested, all came back negative and I dont social media.

So science this. Less than one death a day in BC since the virus starting circulating a year ago, not when the pandemic was declared here or there. Its still more than deaths by driving (283 avg/annual?) but those numbers (331) dont exactly remind me of what we were apparently seeing in China early 2020. I knoooow, now its coinfections and coproblems and cocomplications all from the COvid.

We still even guessing if its natural or man made? How about what I said in the fuku thread; the radiation mutated a virus (and the insects)... at least I think I did.

She lived in Whistler, which is how I know her, then moved back to the States.  Not blowing any horn, it is a known fact that they have had more deaths per capita regardless of who was in charge.  I haven't been on Facebook for years, but the fact is the vast majority of the people I know live in BC.  We have done well in BC so far because of the measures taken.  It is pretty easy to understand.

I can't even sort out what the rest of your post was even saying.

Nov. 24, 2020, 10:10 a.m.

The guy constantly telling us what twitter is saying about Cheeto Hitler says he's not on social media.  Rich.

Nov. 24, 2020, 10:42 a.m.

lol, you assume I took it.

This explains so much.

In my observation/experience, people that have not developed an appreciation for and understanding of the basics of science before they become adults are very unlikely to do so and are much more likely to fall prey to conspiracy theory nonsense and all sorts of fantastical ideas. When people understand and appreciate the basic premise of science they are much more likely to seek truth, even when it contradicts their beliefs.

Go learn and prosper!

Last edited by: syncro on Nov. 24, 2020, 1:05 p.m., edited 1 time in total.