COVID-19

Nov. 22, 2020, 9:25 a.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

I now officially know someone personally that lost their fight with COVID.  She wasn't anyone close to me and I hadn't seen her in quite a few years, but she was only in her 50's and was healthy and fit.  Stay safe everyone.  

This was in the US, not BC.

Just have to be that guy but! Shouldnt you have known someone closer to pass before July? I mean it's a year old now. It's mutated into 3-8 different strains now in that time (?). Mask's arent working because if they did, we wouldnt have lockdowns again and rising case numbers. There's some new Danish Mink mutuation thats worrying the Euro's and Gates said wait until you see wave#2. What the F does Gates know? Other than Covid ver 1.9 will be replaced by covid version 2.1. (covid21). And Gates' made his money off licensing software per version.. so a yearly vax upgrade license path of 7 plus billion people should make him some money.

Is the Gates Foundation publicly traded?

Nov. 22, 2020, 12:53 p.m.

Looks like someone has switched from Fox over to NewsMax....

There is so much misinformation and ignorance in that response that I dont have the energy to even respond.

Nov. 23, 2020, 4:19 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

I now officially know someone personally that lost their fight with COVID. She wasn't anyone close to me and I hadn't seen her in quite a few years, but she was only in her 50's and was healthy and fit. Stay safe everyone.

Just have to be that guy but! Shouldnt you have known someone closer to pass before July? I mean it's a year old now. It's mutated into 3-8 different strains now in that time (?). Mask's arent working because if they did, we wouldnt have lockdowns again and rising case numbers. There's some new Danish Mink mutuation thats worrying the Euro's and Gates said wait until you see wave#2. What the F does Gates know? Other than Covid ver 1.9 will be replaced by covid version 2.1. (covid21). And Gates' made his money off licensing software per version.. so a yearly vax upgrade license path of 7 plus billion people should make him some money.

Masks are not working? Then...what is the reason why masks are worn by professionals (surgeon and nurses) when your grandpa needs surgery? 

I guess the rise in people infected is due to the fact that quite a few are unable to follo even the most basic rules, not to the ineffectiveness of masks. The info you presented does not eq

Last edited by: Mic on Nov. 23, 2020, 4:20 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Nov. 23, 2020, 7:04 a.m.

We seem to have our share of anti-maskers here in BC. IMO, even if it's all phony, it doesn't hurt to wear a mask.

Nov. 23, 2020, 7:28 a.m.

Anyone met a long hauler yet?  Dude I met was a ski guide, now he’s racked with chronic pain and has terrible breathing and severe depression. He’ll never be the same and most of who he thought he was and the life he had is disappearing. 

Death is not the only shitty outcome from this thing.  Wear your mask people.

Last edited by: tashi on Nov. 23, 2020, 7:29 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Nov. 23, 2020, 8:50 a.m.

Posted by: tashi

Anyone met a long hauler yet?  Dude I met was a ski guide, now he’s racked with chronic pain and has terrible breathing and severe depression. He’ll never be the same and most of who he thought he was and the life he had is disappearing. 

No I haven't, but it is the main reason I don't want thing god awful disease.  I am almost certain I would survive, but these stories of the lasting effects are enough to make me extra careful.  ALl the stats are of deaths and hospitalizations, but I think was these long term sufferers are examined the toll on the middle aged will be revealed.

Nov. 23, 2020, 9:33 a.m.

Posted by: Mic

I now officially know someone personally that lost their fight with COVID. She wasn't anyone close to me and I hadn't seen her in quite a few years, but she was only in her 50's and was healthy and fit. Stay safe everyone.

Masks are not working? Then...what is the reason why masks are worn by professionals (surgeon and nurses) when your grandpa needs surgery? 

I guess the rise in people infected is due to the fact that quite a few are unable to follo even the most basic rules, not to the ineffectiveness of masks. The info you presented does not eq

Surgeon and nurses where them so they don't dribble into an open wound. No other reason.

Un-fortunately masks seem to give people a sense that they are safe from transmission. I see it daily on the school run. Parents wearing masks and standing talking to each other well under the 2m distance.

You only have to look at France who introduced a country-wide mask mandate at all work premisses on Aug 8 to see how well the policy worked. Huge spikes in infections followed a month later.

Nov. 23, 2020, 9:36 a.m.

No I haven't, but it is the main reason I don't want thing god awful disease.  I am almost certain I would survive, but these stories of the lasting effects are enough to make me extra careful.  ALl the stats are of deaths and hospitalizations, but I think was these long term sufferers are examined the toll on the middle aged will be revealed.

Yup. Along with soring cancer, diabetes, heart disease and mental health deaths. But Covid takes centre stage these days.

Nov. 23, 2020, 12:30 p.m.

Yes those are all real problems. 

There’s good reasons why COVID takes center stage. It’s killing and damaging people at a significant rate.

Masks aren’t fool proof, no. Masks don’t negate the need for other measures, it’s true. But they do help reduce the amount of exposure to you and those around you. 

If you’re around me indoors, please wear one. Thanks.

Nov. 23, 2020, 12:57 p.m.

Old stats, but...

In 2019, an estimated 220.400 Canadians will be diagnosed with cancer and 82,100 will die from cancer.

So let's say 2020 will be roughly the same diagnostic number - how many of those findings will have been delayed and will result in death because of COVID restrictions.

Let's be conservative and say 10% (a 3 month delay can be a difference between stage 1 or stage 4). So that's an extra 13,830.

COVID has killed how many this year in Canada? So far  - 11, 494

Then throw on top all of the other missed deaths.

This IMO is why this whole thing is messed up. I think in a few years time we look back at 2020 and say WTF were we thinking.

Nov. 23, 2020, 1:21 p.m.

Now look at how many deaths would have resulted from COVID had we not taken the measures we’ve taken.

Nov. 23, 2020, 1:30 p.m.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3111042/coronavirus-italian-study-adds-heat-debate-over-steam-therapy

Nov. 23, 2020, 1:35 p.m.

Now look at how many deaths would have resulted from COVID had we not taken the measures we’ve taken.

Again, COVID comes out on top. A death is a death right?

I'd rather take my chances against COVID than cancer.

Last edited by: Kieran on Nov. 23, 2020, 1:36 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Nov. 23, 2020, 1:56 p.m.

Posted by: Kieran

Again, COVID comes out on top. A death is a death right?

I'd rather take my chances against COVID than cancer.

I would rather you took your chance with cancer because you can't spread cancer and kill anyone I know.  You are not the person you need to worry about, worry about everyone else.  

As for mask mandates, the debate is over.  They work.  Not only that, they have zero effect on your life. The "false sense of security" thing is just an unproven theory to justify not wearing them.  Stop downplaying science.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6947e2.htm?s_cid=mm6947e2_w

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/21546014/mask-mandates-coronavirus-covid-19

https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/10.1377/hlthaff.2020.00818?utm_medium=email&utm_source=Newsletter&utm_campaign=MEDIA+ADVISORY%3A+Wehby+FT+AOP+6-11-20&utm_content=From+Health+Affairs%3A++Mask+Use+Could+Prevent+200%2C000%2B+US+COVID-19+Cases&stream=top&

Nov. 23, 2020, 2:02 p.m.

I now officially know someone personally that lost their fight with COVID.  She wasn't anyone close to me and I hadn't seen her in quite a few years, but she was only in her 50's and was healthy and fit.  Stay safe everyone.  

There have been 331 deaths in the province of BC (pop. 5 million).  So the odds are pretty slim that I would know anyone that died, and it is also very telling that the only one that I do know lived south of the border.  

How badly did you fail science class?