COVID-19

Aug. 27, 2020, 8:58 a.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Tashi said it best I think. This is a moving target of what we know and do not know. If you are faced with making decisions based on incomplete data and unknowns that point to a lot of people dying you should probably be cautious. America is a perfect example of not taking the pandemic seriously. Tell me something Kieran, without the doom and gloom would people have accepted the shutdown here that definitely saved many lives? The governors in the US that had their states get hammered well after they should have known better listened primarily to those other sources you talk about and took stupid risks and their constituents paid the price.

And why is that that we dont know yet? Seriously, how in the fuck cant we have proper information 8 months after this shit began? Oh right, orange man bad and he has to be wrong.

Orange man stupid is more apt, but I really don't need to invoke Trump when considering this virus. 8 months is very little time to understand this. Compared to when this started we have a much better understanding of how it affects patients, but you have an unrealistic idea of how quickly we can fully understand a virus we have never seen before. What was pretty quickly understood was the rate of spread, and Trump is stupid because he didn't know how to address the crisis so he chose to pretend it wasn't one.

I think you misunderstood what was I aiming at. For starters, the amount of conflicting information let alone unsubstantiated relatively acceptable sourced info out there is staggering. There's now various Dr's in different countries recently calling it a sham and a hoax, which should make anyone online click some different things. As for the politics of it, thats a different story all together. If you look at Biden basically pandering to the masked side saying lockdowns back on as soon as he's sworn in while saying Trump's covid response crippled the nation, thats just plain two faced politics. Other politics is just the mandating of masks. Further division of the people with ease of identification - did you see the woman in Philly slap the unmasked kid in church? Some might say, if the kid had a mask he wouldnt have been slapped. What is this, the '80s?

As for the 8 month time frame, perhaps I dont understand how its genome was sequenced Jan 31st by Pasteur according to sciencedaily.com and looking at mortality numbers, they have plenty of sample's to examine yet "they dont know yet" (?) and the survival rate is 99.97%. Lets say I dont think I'm not the only not understanding things here.

DNA doesn't tell us anything about its behavior. It takes time and that is part of why the survival rate is improving. We are learning as we go. The survival rate is promising (although your number came from someone's ass) but it is becoming more clear that COVID can do more than just kill people. They are now finding long-lasting cardiac damage in survivors. What you and Trump are too closed-minded to see is that economies need trust. Trump dropped the ball early and way more people in the US died than if he acted nationally and that is obvious. Now it is still spreading and people are scared to catch it for legitimate reasons so they are no going to restaurants or movies. The economy needs public trust and he shit the bed on that.

Opening up fully or not wearing a mask is not a political statement, it is saying 'I don't care if I catch it and everyone around me." The problem is that most people don't agree with that statement. I don't want to catch it. Do you?

The economy was/is getting shit kicked in the USA by the riots too. Have you seen footage from NYC? Vast economic areas are now a ghost town.

Last edited by: Kieran on Aug. 27, 2020, 8:58 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Aug. 27, 2020, 9:17 a.m.

Posted by: Kieran

Tashi said it best I think. This is a moving target of what we know and do not know. If you are faced with making decisions based on incomplete data and unknowns that point to a lot of people dying you should probably be cautious. America is a perfect example of not taking the pandemic seriously. Tell me something Kieran, without the doom and gloom would people have accepted the shutdown here that definitely saved many lives? The governors in the US that had their states get hammered well after they should have known better listened primarily to those other sources you talk about and took stupid risks and their constituents paid the price.

And why is that that we dont know yet? Seriously, how in the fuck cant we have proper information 8 months after this shit began? Oh right, orange man bad and he has to be wrong.

Orange man stupid is more apt, but I really don't need to invoke Trump when considering this virus. 8 months is very little time to understand this. Compared to when this started we have a much better understanding of how it affects patients, but you have an unrealistic idea of how quickly we can fully understand a virus we have never seen before. What was pretty quickly understood was the rate of spread, and Trump is stupid because he didn't know how to address the crisis so he chose to pretend it wasn't one.

I think you misunderstood what was I aiming at. For starters, the amount of conflicting information let alone unsubstantiated relatively acceptable sourced info out there is staggering. There's now various Dr's in different countries recently calling it a sham and a hoax, which should make anyone online click some different things. As for the politics of it, thats a different story all together. If you look at Biden basically pandering to the masked side saying lockdowns back on as soon as he's sworn in while saying Trump's covid response crippled the nation, thats just plain two faced politics. Other politics is just the mandating of masks. Further division of the people with ease of identification - did you see the woman in Philly slap the unmasked kid in church? Some might say, if the kid had a mask he wouldnt have been slapped. What is this, the '80s?

As for the 8 month time frame, perhaps I dont understand how its genome was sequenced Jan 31st by Pasteur according to sciencedaily.com and looking at mortality numbers, they have plenty of sample's to examine yet "they dont know yet" (?) and the survival rate is 99.97%. Lets say I dont think I'm not the only not understanding things here.

DNA doesn't tell us anything about its behavior. It takes time and that is part of why the survival rate is improving. We are learning as we go. The survival rate is promising (although your number came from someone's ass) but it is becoming more clear that COVID can do more than just kill people. They are now finding long-lasting cardiac damage in survivors. What you and Trump are too closed-minded to see is that economies need trust. Trump dropped the ball early and way more people in the US died than if he acted nationally and that is obvious. Now it is still spreading and people are scared to catch it for legitimate reasons so they are no going to restaurants or movies. The economy needs public trust and he shit the bed on that.

Opening up fully or not wearing a mask is not a political statement, it is saying 'I don't care if I catch it and everyone around me." The problem is that most people don't agree with that statement. I don't want to catch it. Do you?

The economy was/is getting shit kicked in the USA by the riots too. Have you seen footage from NYC? Vast economic areas are now a ghost town.

Riots definitely affect the economy, especially at a local level, but the massive job losses and downturn in the economy was 99% from COVID.

Aug. 27, 2020, 10:16 a.m.

Good point, NYC was really bustling before the protesting started.

Aug. 27, 2020, 1:05 p.m.

Posted by: tashi

Good point, NYC was really bustling before the protesting started.

Stores actually reopened. Still shut now.

Aug. 29, 2020, 1:43 p.m.

**Posted by: chupacabra

**DNA doesn't tell us anything about its behavior.  It takes time and that is part of why the survival rate is improving. We are learning as we go.  The survival rate is promising (although your number came from someone's ass) but it is becoming more clear that COVID can do more than just kill people.  They are now finding long-lasting cardiac damage in survivors.  What you and Trump are too closed-minded to see is that economies need trust.  Trump dropped the ball early and way more people in the US died than if he acted nationally and that is obvious.  Now it is still spreading and people are scared to catch it for legitimate reasons so they are no going to restaurants or movies.  The economy needs public trust and he shit the bed on that.

Opening up fully or not wearing a mask is not a political statement, it is saying 'I don't care if I catch it and everyone around me."  The problem is that most people don't agree with that statement.  I don't want to catch it.  Do you?

If you understood the math back in Jan/Feb with the Kent WA cluster, we should already ALL have it by now. You cant just push that back because 'oh we're still learning about it' or because you do the opposite of what the orange bad man says to do.

Yes cardiac damage from it. Yes, lung damage from. Yes, renal damage from it. Yes, reports of associated brain damage from it. Gee what causes that? Severe lung infections limit the amount of oxygen in the blood (right?) Organ's need oxygen (right?). Lets say you're older like Switch with a bad renal system and contract a lung infection, the blood wont be filtered and it'll be severely lacking in oxygen - cascading effect?  For a group of people who told me I was fear mongering in the Ebola thread (trillions yo!), you guys are funny.

ps: I clearly dont care how basic my anologies are.

Aug. 29, 2020, 1:45 p.m.

**Posted by: chupacabra

**Riots definitely affect the economy, especially at a local level, but the massive job losses and downturn in the economy was 99% from COVID.

Looks like you never looked into derivatives and 2019 + 2020. Not suprising since I mentioned it.

Aug. 30, 2020, 8:13 a.m.

Yes cardiac damage from it. Yes, lung damage from. Yes, renal damage from it. Yes, reports of associated brain damage from it. Gee what causes that? Severe lung infections limit the amount of oxygen in the blood (right?) Organ's need oxygen (right?). Lets say you're older like Switch with a bad renal system and contract a lung infection, the blood wont be filtered and it'll be severely lacking in oxygen - cascading effect?  For a group of people who told me I was fear mongering in the Ebola thread (trillions yo!), you guys are funny.

While it's true that hypoperfusion (lack of blood flow) can injure organs during an infection. Viruses have an amazing ability to injure organs on their own. For instance, the damage to the heart is usually not from hypoxia, its from direct invasion of the heart (myocytes) causing myocarditis. Even 20 year olds can require a heart transplant if they are unlucky enough to get viral myocarditis. You are absolutely correct that old people with comorbidities (like switch?) are more likely to succumb to covid but every time a young person gets it they roll the dice too. They have better odds but the same bad outcomes are always on the table. 

Say safe everyone.

Sept. 1, 2020, 4:02 p.m.

U.S. Won’t Join Global Coronavirus Vaccine Effort Because It’s Led By The WHO

Sept. 1, 2020, 5:29 p.m.

the death rate in Sweden is higher than the USA if you look at the deaths per million pop

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Sept. 2, 2020, 7:42 p.m.

U.S. CDC tells states to prep for COVID-19 vaccine distribution as soon as late October

Steroids cut death rates among critically ill COVID-19 patients, major study finds

Sept. 2, 2020, 7:46 p.m.

Posted by: tashi

Steroids cut death rates among critically ill COVID-19 patients, major study finds

Steroids and ebikes for everyone!

What a wonderful time to be alive.

Sept. 2, 2020, 8:02 p.m.

Steroids make sense.  Reduces inflammation.

Sept. 4, 2020, 12:41 p.m.

Posted by: RAHrider

While it's true that hypoperfusion (lack of blood flow) can injure organs during an infection. Viruses have an amazing ability to injure organs on their own. For instance, the damage to the heart is usually not from hypoxia, its from direct invasion of the heart (myocytes) causing myocarditis. Even 20 year olds can require a heart transplant if they are unlucky enough to get viral myocarditis. You are absolutely correct that old people with comorbidities (like switch?) are more likely to succumb to covid but every time a young person gets it they roll the dice too. They have better odds but the same bad outcomes are always on the table. 

Say safe everyone.

Shall I assume your Eeyun 2.0?

myocarditis and myocytes - thats not specific to COVID or Corona is it?

Sept. 22, 2020, 6:58 p.m.

Dr.Bonnie Henry getting death threats? WTF

Sept. 22, 2020, 7:33 p.m.

Posted by: RAHrider

Say safe everyone.