COVID-19

Aug. 26, 2020, 12:49 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Tashi said it best I think.  This is a moving target of what we know and do not know.  If you are faced with making decisions based on incomplete data and unknowns that point to a lot of people dying you should probably be cautious.  America is a perfect example of not taking the pandemic seriously.  Tell me something Kieran, without the doom and gloom would people have accepted the shutdown here that definitely saved many lives?  The governors in the US that had their states get hammered well after they should have known better listened primarily to those other sources you talk about and took stupid risks and their constituents paid the price.  

And why is that that we dont know yet? Seriously, how in the fuck cant we have proper information 8 months after this shit began? Oh right, orange man bad and he has to be wrong.

Aug. 26, 2020, 12:53 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

The following is a great read and like it says I've been considering the possibility that life with the threat of covid is the new normal and humanity is going to have to adapt to live with it. 

The Coronavirus Is Never Going Away. No matter what happens now, the virus will continue to circulate around the world.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/08/coronavirus-will-never-go-away/614860/?fbclid=IwAR3-Msp5NFUxbkp0tsgo0G7FYAkaQU-v8xS-0sRR9dS_QlxrbRS1Kl1TkYk

Here's a contextual question for you:

Why does the news now say new coronavirus cases here and there but they dont say new covid cases?

hint: because Coronavirus' were around before 2020. So they arent lying to us they're just grossly misleading us. Last week the news said we had 8 cases in the province with 5 in ICU, or vice versa with 3 requiring ICU. Either way, you support 'the new normal'?

c'mon man, take off he tinfoil hat for a second and figure that one out for yourself.

No man. Its just like during the swine flu, you could have the Type1a flu or Type2b flue and not have Swine flu ya dig? Thats not tinfoil, thats basic naming.

Aug. 26, 2020, 12:54 p.m.

Posted by: KenN

The following is a great read and like it says I've been considering the possibility that life with the threat of covid is the new normal and humanity is going to have to adapt to live with it. 

The Coronavirus Is Never Going Away. No matter what happens now, the virus will continue to circulate around the world.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/08/coronavirus-will-never-go-away/614860/?fbclid=IwAR3-Msp5NFUxbkp0tsgo0G7FYAkaQU-v8xS-0sRR9dS_QlxrbRS1Kl1TkYk

Here's a contextual question for you:

Why does the news now say new coronavirus cases here and there but they dont say new covid cases?

hint: because Coronavirus' were around before 2020. So they arent lying to us they're just grossly misleading us. Last week the news said we had 8 cases in the province with 5 in ICU, or vice versa with 3 requiring ICU. Either way, you support 'the new normal'?

jfc what a truckload of stupid.

Then it should be easy for you to clear it up for my dumbass right? So - tell me what my answer is!?

Aug. 26, 2020, 12:55 p.m.

I heard the Kenosha "protestor" who got shot in the head dead, has officially died of covid19.

Aug. 26, 2020, 12:59 p.m.

Everyone CAN die from the virus.  It's just less likely for younger people.

You do understand that we avoided the worst case *because* BC mostly shut down, thus we didn't see the full manifestation of the doom and gloom prediction?  But now, many, especially younger people, are making things much worse than the first wave?

Oh, and golly gee whiz ... hospitalizations are now on the rise what with 269 new cases over the weekend ...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/covid19-update-august-24-1.5698223

Everyone can die from rabies but you dont see the City of Vancouver culling coyotes do ya now.

Aug. 26, 2020, 12:59 p.m.

Posted by: switch

Good read.

What's worrisome is that the world wasn't prepared for this pandemic.  In a couple years some other pandemic might occur, caused by a much more virulent and lethal pathogen.

Thats a load of horse shit. There are plenty of clips and text available of Fauci cirica 2017 saying Trump would face a pandemic. In fact here it is; not sure how well received bidnessinsider is but they have story and, its not the only one so find another source if you dont like it and suck it up ya bunch of scaredy cats.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fauci-warned-trump-infectious-disease-pandemic-danger-2017-2020-4

being warned of some coming event and not being prepared for said event are not the same thing. it's like you might get told it's going to snow sometime in the fall, but unless you take the time to buy supplies like snow tires, snow shovel and salt or ice melter you won't be prepared for when the snow does actually happen. knowledge of an event does not necessarily equal preparedness for that event.

Oh give me a fat joint to smoke bro. When the man doing the warning right now stands to make potentially billions off a vaccine and he not only has a patent from 2015 on it, he's also giving advice on it? Sure you just keep thinking that and I might pass that doobie your way.

Aug. 26, 2020, 1 p.m.

Everyone CAN die from the virus.  It's just less likely for younger people.

You do understand that we avoided the worst case *because* BC mostly shut down, thus we didn't see the full manifestation of the doom and gloom prediction?  But now, many, especially younger people, are making things much worse than the first wave?

Oh, and golly gee whiz ... hospitalizations are now on the rise what with 269 new cases over the weekend ...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/covid19-update-august-24-1.5698223

Everyone can die from rabies but you dont see the City of Vancouver culling coyotes do ya now.

;)

Aug. 26, 2020, 2:40 p.m.

Tashi said it best I think.  This is a moving target of what we know and do not know.  If you are faced with making decisions based on incomplete data and unknowns that point to a lot of people dying you should probably be cautious.  America is a perfect example of not taking the pandemic seriously.  Tell me something Kieran, without the doom and gloom would people have accepted the shutdown here that definitely saved many lives?  The governors in the US that had their states get hammered well after they should have known better listened primarily to those other sources you talk about and took stupid risks and their constituents paid the price.  

And why is that that we dont know yet? Seriously, how in the fuck cant we have proper information 8 months after this shit began? Oh right, orange man bad and he has to be wrong.

Orange man stupid is more apt, but I really don't need to invoke Trump when considering this virus.  8 months is very little time to understand this.  Compared to when this started we have a much better understanding of how it affects patients, but you have an unrealistic idea of how quickly we can fully understand a virus we have never seen before.  What was pretty quickly understood was the rate of spread, and Trump is stupid because he didn't know how to address the crisis so he chose to pretend it wasn't one.

Aug. 26, 2020, 2:46 p.m.

Oh give me a fat joint to smoke bro. When the man doing the warning right now stands to make potentially billions off a vaccine and he not only has a patent from 2015 on it, he's also giving advice on it? Sure you just keep thinking that and I might pass that doobie your way.

Fauci has a patent on a vaccine from 2017 for a virus discovered in 2019? Whaaaa?

Aug. 26, 2020, 5:16 p.m.

Tashi said it best I think. This is a moving target of what we know and do not know. If you are faced with making decisions based on incomplete data and unknowns that point to a lot of people dying you should probably be cautious. America is a perfect example of not taking the pandemic seriously. Tell me something Kieran, without the doom and gloom would people have accepted the shutdown here that definitely saved many lives? The governors in the US that had their states get hammered well after they should have known better listened primarily to those other sources you talk about and took stupid risks and their constituents paid the price.

Orange man stupid is more apt, but I really don't need to invoke Trump when considering this virus. 8 months is very little time to understand this. Compared to when this started we have a much better understanding of how it affects patients, but you have an unrealistic idea of how quickly we can fully understand a virus we have never seen before. What was pretty quickly understood was the rate of spread, and Trump is stupid because he didn't know how to address the crisis so he chose to pretend it wasn't one.

I think you misunderstood what was I aiming at. For starters, the amount of conflicting information let alone unsubstantiated relatively acceptable sourced info out there is staggering. There's now various Dr's in different countries recently calling it a sham and a hoax, which should make anyone online click some different things. As for the politics of it, thats a different story all together. If you look at Biden basically pandering to the masked side saying lockdowns back on as soon as he's sworn in while saying Trump's covid response crippled the nation, thats just plain two faced politics. Other politics is just the mandating of masks. Further division of the people with ease of identification - did you see the woman in Philly slap the unmasked kid in church? Some might say, if the kid had a mask he wouldnt have been slapped. What is this, the '80s?

As for the 8 month time frame, perhaps I dont understand how its genome was sequenced Jan 31st by Pasteur according to sciencedaily.com and looking at mortality numbers, they have plenty of sample's to examine yet "they dont know yet" (?) and the survival rate is 99.97%. Lets say I dont think I'm not the only not understanding things here.

Aug. 26, 2020, 5:29 p.m.

Fauci has a patent on a vaccine from 2017 for a virus discovered in 2019? Whaaaa?

I'm pretty sure its a six degree's of Kevin Bacon type of thing. I'll even post it again for everyone just because the search function is lacking and its been covered. Or perhaps its a patent on a covid vaccine before the pandemic. Either way, this is the perceived covid patent:

https://patents.google.com/patent/US10130701B2/en

and from Europe: https://patents.google.com/patent/EP3172319B1/en

Pirbright Institute is named as a holder which has links to the Gates Foundation and Fauci. Snopes will tell you its a non but RFK Jr says somewhat otherwise. But, he is an anti-vaxxer so who'da thunk it.

Aug. 27, 2020, 7:22 a.m.

I'll probably get flamed to shit for this, but whatever.

As of today...

Many parts of Europe are now seeing a large 'new cases' increases (second wave?) - just in time for schools returning and the flu season kicking in.

While Sweden's considering lifting the large gatherings ban.

Interesting.

Last edited by: Kieran on Aug. 27, 2020, 7:24 a.m., edited 4 times in total.
Aug. 27, 2020, 8:10 a.m.

Sweden

New cases: 160

New deaths: 6

Total cases: 87,072

Total deaths: 5,812

Norway

New cases: 59

New deaths: 0

Total cases: 10,454

Total deaths: 264

Finland

New cases: 43

Total cases: 7,981

Total deaths: 335

Don't know about you, but I see a difference.

Aug. 27, 2020, 8:33 a.m.

Tashi said it best I think. This is a moving target of what we know and do not know. If you are faced with making decisions based on incomplete data and unknowns that point to a lot of people dying you should probably be cautious. America is a perfect example of not taking the pandemic seriously. Tell me something Kieran, without the doom and gloom would people have accepted the shutdown here that definitely saved many lives? The governors in the US that had their states get hammered well after they should have known better listened primarily to those other sources you talk about and took stupid risks and their constituents paid the price.

Orange man stupid is more apt, but I really don't need to invoke Trump when considering this virus. 8 months is very little time to understand this. Compared to when this started we have a much better understanding of how it affects patients, but you have an unrealistic idea of how quickly we can fully understand a virus we have never seen before. What was pretty quickly understood was the rate of spread, and Trump is stupid because he didn't know how to address the crisis so he chose to pretend it wasn't one.

I think you misunderstood what was I aiming at. For starters, the amount of conflicting information let alone unsubstantiated relatively acceptable sourced info out there is staggering. There's now various Dr's in different countries recently calling it a sham and a hoax, which should make anyone online click some different things. As for the politics of it, thats a different story all together. If you look at Biden basically pandering to the masked side saying lockdowns back on as soon as he's sworn in while saying Trump's covid response crippled the nation, thats just plain two faced politics. Other politics is just the mandating of masks. Further division of the people with ease of identification - did you see the woman in Philly slap the unmasked kid in church? Some might say, if the kid had a mask he wouldnt have been slapped. What is this, the '80s?

As for the 8 month time frame, perhaps I dont understand how its genome was sequenced Jan 31st by Pasteur according to sciencedaily.com and looking at mortality numbers, they have plenty of sample's to examine yet "they dont know yet" (?) and the survival rate is 99.97%. Lets say I dont think I'm not the only not understanding things here.

DNA doesn't tell us anything about its behavior.  It takes time and that is part of why the survival rate is improving. We are learning as we go.  The survival rate is promising (although your number came from someone's ass) but it is becoming more clear that COVID can do more than just kill people.  They are now finding long-lasting cardiac damage in survivors.  What you and Trump are too closed-minded to see is that economies need trust.  Trump dropped the ball early and way more people in the US died than if he acted nationally and that is obvious.  Now it is still spreading and people are scared to catch it for legitimate reasons so they are no going to restaurants or movies.  The economy needs public trust and he shit the bed on that.

Opening up fully or not wearing a mask is not a political statement, it is saying 'I don't care if I catch it and everyone around me."  The problem is that most people don't agree with that statement.  I don't want to catch it.  Do you?

Aug. 27, 2020, 8:53 a.m.

Posted by: switch

Sweden

New cases: 160

New deaths: 6

Total cases: 87,072

Total deaths: 5,812

Norway

New cases: 59

Total cases: 10,454

Total deaths: 264

Finland

New cases: 43

Total cases: 7,981

Total deaths: 335

Don't know about you, but I see a difference.

Yup. Sweden is more dense in populated than the others. You should pay a visit it really is a stunning country.

Also, those numbers are from two days ago. Sweden records their numbers differently than others. A bit like here in BC. Mid week is always when the numbers are higher.

And BTW my comment was about the rest of Europe. Perhaps you should put up those numbers?